PDA

View Full Version : Penny Presses

Aristocat
10-27-2005, 10:00 AM
I saw on the Disney Gallery site that there are Magical Milestone penny presses around and about. So, I downloaded the penny press list and was astounded. At DLR, there are 55 different presses available and each one has three imprint choices! Before seeing the list, I though it might be fun to get them all, but 165 pennies is crazy. Now I'm wondering, how much do they charge to do the penny press?
I think I'll narrow down my penny choices to the favorites...America Sings...Tiki Room...Fantasmic...NOS...

165...WOW!!! :eek:

DianeM
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
The penny press is 50 cents plus one penny. The specially designed 50th anniversary press book is about 6/7 bucks. Quarters cost 75 cents, plus the quarter that is pressed. Nickels cost the same as quarters (there are 2 that I'm aware of).

There are only 51 pennies in the "Magical Milestones" series. The 50th penny press book is specially designed to fit all of them, plus a few quarters or nickels (I recommend the quarters shwoing Mickey, Minnie, and Donald on the carousel, or the three princesses from the castle). That's a lot more manageable. I was able to get 48 of them on my last visit, and should get the last 3 this coming spring (one machine was out of service). Of course, I've been collecting pennies for years, and I have every one offered publicly at the park in the last 5 years. It was fun collecting the pennies, and not that hard, since many of the machines were in the Penny Arcade. We took the monorail to get the pennies at the hotel and World of Disney.

Now I'm wondering, how much do they charge to do the penny press?
I think I'll narrow down my penny choices to the favorites...America Sings...Tiki Room...Fantasmic...NOS...

165...WOW!!! :eek:

annieb727
10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
where do you get that list? we just went and came home with a TON of pennies...I would be curious to see what we're missing and still need - since dh and I will be going for our anniversary in December

Aristocat
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x23143861e

There is a PDF list at the bottom of this page with boxes to check off for coins you've picked up.

I was wondering, where do you pick up the Magic Milestone penny book?

Tinker Bell
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
The World has them.

If you want more then just the Milestone ones just stop by City Hall and ask for the Pressed Penny list.

This web site (http://www.parkpennies.com/Disneylandpennypressmachines.htm) is also a good place to check them out

DianeM
10-27-2005, 11:54 AM
They are selling the Milestones penny book all over the parks. I don't think you can get any other penny books right now.

I was wondering, where do you pick up the Magic Milestone penny book?

DianeM
10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I get my penny information from www.pennycollector.com or parkpennies.com. They both have images and penny machine locations. Parkpennies is a really impressive site. This site has descriptions and images of every penny that has ever existed at all Disney parks, along with lists of what machines are currently available and where they are located. No list can be comprehensive - they are constantly moving machines because they are broken, but they're pretty good at keeping track of what is where. I took a printed list of the pennies (the one that is sorted by machine, not year) and just checked off the pennies as I got them. I don't like the fancy checklists, becasue they aren't usually organized by machine.

where do you get that list? we just went and came home with a TON of pennies...I would be curious to see what we're missing and still need - since dh and I will be going for our anniversary in December

cstephens
10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
We spent a day on a quest to get all the milestone pennies. It was fun. We had printed out the list from pressedpennies.com so we knew where to go. My husband ended up doing most of the work. He'd be the ones to put the quarters and pennies in, and a friend and I just kinda stood around watched. Three machines were broken that day, so we had to finish the quest on another day. If you get all the milestone pennies, there's still room for one more, so we decided to get one extra and put it in backwards so you could see the design that's on the back of all the pennies. The extra penny we got was for Space Mountain. It wasn't terribly expensive, but it was a lot of fun.

Ella618
10-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Are there any pennies or coins designed specifically for the 2005 holiday season? Have they been offered in the past?