PDA

View Full Version : Where in the park do you get [kids meal lunchboxes]

potterphreak
10-27-2005, 07:53 AM
the kids meals that come in the little lunchboxes? Are all the boxes the same or different boxes at different eateries? Thanks for your help!

rfaljean
10-27-2005, 07:56 AM
You can get those at any of the quick service places, like Club Buzz in Tomorrowland or Rancho Del Zocal in Frontierland. As far as I remember from last year, they were all the same regardless of which eatery you purchased them from.

Wendi
10-27-2005, 08:24 AM
They are usually the same, but you might find different ones depending on where you go. In the past, we've gotten a different box from Whitewater Snacks... they probably don't go through them as quickly as the other restaurants.

Also, if you go to French Market and order Macaroni & Cheese you'll get a Mickey head shaped bowl (separate compartments for the ears).

scaeagles
10-27-2005, 08:26 AM
On our recent vacation of 5 days, my wife decided we had to keep EVERY ONE of them we got. We have 3 kids. We brought home a whole bunch of them. They are everywhere.

hlbtimes2
10-27-2005, 08:30 AM
We got them at Hungry Bear and Pizza Port a couple of weeks ago. They were the same at both places. I'll also add that Pizza Ports kids meal was WAY better then hungry bear. The pasta was way better then the deep fried selection at HB, and the portions are really large enough for an adult meal (not huge for an adult, but enough).

ima_mickeyfan
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
We got different ones at each place our children ate at..
Croc N' Bites @ disneyland hotel
Rocket Pizza
Cocina Coucamonga (sp)
Rancho
keep in mind we have 4 children and came home with a load of those boxes as well.. We also got Shamu ones from Seaworld.
My dd loves hers, she packs a cold lunch in hers for school.
I have also stored glitter glue and craft supplies in them. and most of all they are perfect for those weeknight football games that we go to, that are usually at dinner time.. Just pack dinner in a box for each child and there you go!! they tend to eat better when they have their boxes.

TDBearGrrl
10-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Any place that serves kids meals has these boxes, don't they?

I love them. They are great for storing all kinds of things and a nice way to have a little piece of the park with you every day!

hlbtimes2
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
No, some of the places, like French Market, serve in a Mickey shaped dish. His face for the entree, a cup in one ear, and a side dish in the other ear.

mi_mous
10-27-2005, 09:09 PM
On our recent vacation of 5 days, my wife decided we had to keep EVERY ONE of them we got. We have 3 kids. We brought home a whole bunch of them. They are everywhere.

We have this same problem, my question is what do you do with all of them?? Last time we were there, we just left them on top of the trash can, we have soo many and they are practically overtaking my kids room!!

hlbtimes2
10-27-2005, 09:46 PM
We have this same problem, my question is what do you do with all of them?? Last time we were there, we just left them on top of the trash can, we have soo many and they are practically overtaking my kids room!!

We only let the kids bring home one each. We just didnt have room in the suit case or their bedrooms for more then that. We threw a few out, and left a few on a table (empty, clean and ready for someone to take if they wanted them).

Disney4Me
10-28-2005, 05:27 AM
The one our kids enjoyed the most was the one from Taste Pilot's Grille. It had a ton of Mickey shaped chicken nuggets and carrots. Don't forget to ask for the magic straw. The kids liked those too.

GrumpyUTboi
10-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Last year we brough home 32 of them, Mrs Grumpy is a pack rat. I secretly threw 28 of them away. They were all the same and all I could think is what a waste of money, all that plastic being thrown away.

Disney4Me
10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Last year we brough home 32 of them, Mrs Grumpy is a pack rat. I secretly threw 28 of them away. They were all the same and all I could think is what a waste of money, all that plastic being thrown away.
32??? Did you take a small Army of Kids with you or did she consume 32 kids meals? I could handle 1 but wow that is a lot. They would make good containers for putting trreats in for Halloween for a kids classroom.

katiesue
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I use them to help organize my backpack for future DL trips. One for snacks, one for sunscreen. We also use one to keep my daughters pin lanyard in - that way none of the pins fall off and we can easily get to it.

They're also great in the car for pencils, crayons etc.