PDA

View Full Version : From Australia, need info on Disney Trip please!

aussiedisneyfan83
10-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Hey disney fans,
From Melbourne Australia here -
I'm planning a disneyland trip for me and my fiance for February 2006 (tentively 7th to the 21st Feb 06) for a 2 week trip, we are so excited about it. However we are going to book it in the next few days (!!!), and it's hard even on the internet to get some info about Crowds at Disneyland in Feb, also other factors like what the weather will be like, etc.
I have a few questions, i'm sorry theres a few of them it's just we are so excited by all of this!!
Can anyone please tell me is it light crowds? And i'm very worried about i read somewhere it is Presidents Day weekend?, When is this? Is it very busy? Also the weather - is it good, bad or ugly? And finally - if there is light crowds does this mean the awesome rides are closed for maintence/repair??

Thank You so much for your time, i really really appreicate any info given :)

10-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Click me for Anaheim, CA weather info (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/direct.htm)

aussiedisneyfan83
10-27-2005, 04:45 AM
thanks for that info on the weather!

Can anyone help me about the other topics please? Thanks so much in advance

Aussie MouseFan
10-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Feb is a good time to visit, not too busy, and in previous years, ride closures have been at a minimum.

Being that DLR will still be in the midst of 50th celebrations, all the good stuff should be open.

Plan several days, plus some 1/2 days and you will get to enjoy the full Disney experience.

For tickets, get the discount 5 day park hopper ticket online at dinseyland.com, and if you want more, just pay the extra few dollars and upgrade to an annual passport (tis what I have done every year for heck knows how long).

Are you hiring a car at all? it is well worth it, as well as making SoCal a whole lot easier to get around.

aussiedisneyfan83
10-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks for that info!!, I'm planning to go for 15 days and 14 nights staying i hope at HoJo's based on everyones comments of how good it is for the price and distance to the parks. They have a 14 day Vacation Pass, which is only about 30 bucks more than a 5 day hopper which - i think - gets us into Disneyland and California Adv.

Does anyone have an idea about Presidents day weekend and if thats busy and when it is in 06?

Thanks again everyone, this is priceless info! :)

D-lander 1956
10-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Presidents Day is Monday February 20. Monday is a legal Federal holiday, so most government offices and local offices & businesses are closed.

Locals take advantage of the Monday off by going to DL as well as people further away making it a 3 day weekend trip to play! ;) The crowds will be higher during that weekend, but the rest of your planned trip should be great crowd-wise and weather-wise. Maybe plan on other activites that weekend if you're worried about crowds. After all, CA has endless possibilites of fun "things to do and see" Have a great trip! :D

Here's a link for USA calendar:
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2006&country=1&typ=1&display=1&lang=en&month=2&moon=on&hol=86073

rfaljean
10-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Also, be sure to either pack rain gear or plan to buy some when you get here. We went for President's Day weekend last year (also my B-day) and it poured off and on the whole weekend. We managed to miss most of the rain at the park until our last day, when it rained all morning in severed downpours. If you can purchase rain ponchos somewhere other than Disneyland, they won't cost too much. I recommend wearing shoes that will keep your feet dry, too.

The good part about the rain, the locals usually stay home. The lines aren't really as long. The bad part, some of the attractions close down, like Alice in Wonderland.

aussiedisneyfan83
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Rain is fine, i think it would kinda cool to go to disneyland in the rain, i dunno why!

Does the park do anything special for Valentines day? Or is it skipped over..

Thanks everyone for the great info
:)

lauramaynot
10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Also, be sure to either pack rain gear or plan to buy some when you get here. We went for President's Day weekend last year (also my B-day) and it poured off and on the whole weekend. We managed to miss most of the rain at the park until our last day, when it rained all morning in severed downpours. If you can purchase rain ponchos somewhere other than Disneyland, they won't cost too much. I recommend wearing shoes that will keep your feet dry, too.

The good part about the rain, the locals usually stay home. The lines aren't really as long. The bad part, some of the attractions close down, like Alice in Wonderland.

We were there on pres. day last year too. Lines were the shortest I have seen this calendar year (Peter Pan was about 5 min). I suppose there could be more people because of the 50th but since some rides will be closed for refirb. you should be ok. I think that if the company is expecting less people it is usually a good bet they are right. Also I don't know about any offical valentine events but there are tons of romantic spots in the park and resturants to make that day special. Have fun.:D

speedracer55
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Don't worry too much about ride closures, they don't want to close too much during the 50th. Pirates will most likely be closed, but that should be the only major thing you will probably miss. That's a great time of year to go if you have several days to be there like you do. The park hours are still shorter, but you will be there for enough time to see and do everything. Have a great time!!!!

DianeM
10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
President's Day weekend itself will be jammed, but the rest of your trip should be fine. If you are planning on doing a lot besides Disneyland (like San Diego Zoo, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World) then you might consider getting a City Pass. You get a 3 day park hopper for Disneyland and tickets to other attractions for $185. I was going to get one for our last visit until we scaled back and decided to just do Disney. The Zoo, imo, is very much worth seeing. Knott's is so-so, but fun if you like roller coasters.

Can anyone please tell me is it light crowds? And i'm very worried about i read somewhere it is Presidents Day weekend?, When is this? Is it very busy? Also the weather - is it good, bad or ugly? And finally - if there is light crowds does this mean the awesome rides are closed for maintence/repair??

Thank You so much for your time, i really really appreicate any info given :)

aussiedisneyfan83
10-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Great Thanks everyone... :) A huge help, I have Booked my tickets!!. Feb 8 - Feb 22! We are so excited we can't sleep! All we can do is watch disney movies!

I heard a rumour going around that there is a Free Shuttle Bus/Coach from Disneyland to Universal Studios: there and back?. We are thinking of maybe spending one day at Universal Studios...

Does anyone know if this is true..what are the deatails, has anybody used this service (if its avaliable??)
.i heard somebody talk about it once but that was about a year ago..

Aussie MouseFan
10-29-2005, 02:32 AM
No free bus that I have ever been aware of (unless you buy a package ticket through the same company).

Being that USH is on average just over an hour away, I doubt anyone would take you there for free. (if I am wrong I stand corrected).

As per my previous suggestion, a hire car is a great option, as it opens up a lot more plaes for you to enjoy, and rates are very reasonable through the major companies.

twist1980
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
President's Day weekend itself will be jammed, but the rest of your trip should be fine.

Here in Washington State, the entire week after President's Day is a holiday (called Presidents Week) and quite a few people take the week to go to DLR. From what I've heard that week can be just as busy as the summer season. I would recommend that you go see the other parks such as Sea World and San Diego Zoo/Animal Park during that week so you experience less crowds at Disneyland! :)

tink360
10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Great Thanks everyone... :) A huge help, I have Booked my tickets!!. Feb 8 - Feb 22! We are so excited we can't sleep! All we can do is watch disney movies!

I heard a rumour going around that there is a Free Shuttle Bus/Coach from Disneyland to Universal Studios: there and back?.

No free shuttle, from distant memory the transportation part of the fee for universal studios (as opposed to the actual admission ticket) is the expensive part. I do remember something about promotional train rides to universal studios, if you buy admission tickets, but I'm not sure if it was cheap or free, or whether it is still being done anymore. Sorry this isn't more help, maybe someone else on the board knows more about this?

aussiedisneyfan83
10-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Thanks for that info, i forgot what website i saw this information at, but like previously stated may have been a promotional thing in front of disneyland/anaheim - if it ever existed!. Thats alright, Universal isnt the top of my must do list what it would be nice to go to for a day i guess! :)

emmah
10-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I heard a rumour going around that there is a Free Shuttle Bus/Coach from Disneyland to Universal Studios: there and back?. We are thinking of maybe spending one day at Universal Studios...

hi there fellow aussie, yes, if you buy your USH ticket direct from the company, you get free transportation to USH. when you get to anaheim, ask your hotel concierge for the brochure - we rang and booked on the number on the brochure, and then paid for our tickets at the bus station (its really close to the hotels on harbour boulevard). you can't get any discounts on the cost of the ticket, but the free transport more than made up for it. you can find out more by looking at the universal studios website and following the links.:D :D

aussiedisneyfan83
10-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Thank you for that!. I'll look into it, it would be nice going to Universal - and i'll ask about the "free" shuttle.
Thanks again
:)