PDA

View Full Version : Pin purchase question

WITron
10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
I was just looking at the Disney Gallery web site and there are a couple of limited edition pins that go on sale on 11/27. One of them is the Candlelight Procession pin, which is an edition of 2000 the other is an edition of 2500. We will be there on 12/4. My question is this. Do you think that any of these pins will be left when we get there a week latter? I am not sure how fast editions sell out, so any help would be helpfull.

ktgd03
10-26-2005, 10:53 PM
With the way people buy those pins nowadays (they make it a collecting hobby) you probably won't get any after a weeks time....seems like a negative thought but I believe that is true. Best of luck on your collection!

cstephens
10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I was just looking at the Disney Gallery web site and there are a couple of limited edition pins that go on sale on 11/27. One of them is the Candlelight Procession pin, which is an edition of 2000 the other is an edition of 2500. We will be there on 12/4. My question is this. Do you think that any of these pins will be left when we get there a week latter? I am not sure how fast editions sell out, so any help would be helpfull.

Pins have been selling at weird rates over the past year. You used to be able to tell which pins would sell out immediately and which wouldn't, but the pattern seems to have changed. Odd that they're releasing the pin the week before Candelight rather than the actual weekend of Candlelight. As I recall, in recent years, the Candlelight pin has been around for a few weeks after release. If you want to be safe, you can see if someone else would be willing to buy a pin for you to make sure you'll get one.

charpaul
10-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Last year - CandleLight Pins went on sale the day before the event and were sold out by Sat..... I managed to get one on Friday.....

Are they only being released at one location IN the park??? That also makes a difference....

Some pins go that fast - others seem to linger.
The fact that they are limited release seems to prompt the collectors to grab up as many as they can.....

WITron
10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
It looks like it is only in the park. it really irks me that they are releasing the pin a week before the event. This happened on New Year's 99/00. They released all the merchandise before, and those there for the actuall event were out of luck.

Tinker Bell
11-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I was over looking at ODPT.com and they have changed the date on the pin.

Candlelight Processional 2005 - Mickey and Minnie

Since it's first show in 1958, the Candlelight Processional has been a Disneyland® Holiday tradition. This Limited Edition pin features Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as part of the Candlelight Processional choir, and features a festive dangle.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices

Available at: Disneyland® Resort
Released: 12/02/05
Edition Size: 2000
SKU: 10155774
Retail Price: $10.95

WITron
11-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks for that info. I was wondering why they would release it a week before the event.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Available at: DisneylandŽ Resort
Released: 12/02/05
Edition Size: 2000
SKU: 10155774
Retail Price: $10.95

And someone will be on Ebay ripping people off for $50.00 for that $10.95 pin. :mad:

TowerofTerror
11-21-2005, 11:18 PM
well whatever it what people do so they can make money that what i would too if i bought a spare sell the extra one.

SandraVB79
11-22-2005, 12:01 AM
They will probably be sold out

Don't you know anyone who goes a week earlier?
What I do at DLP: I made friends among the CMs, and they are always more than happy to help me out with those special things I really want ;) (Oh, it also helps my collection of CM exclusives)

Tinker Bell
11-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I plan on being the first thing in the morn to get mine. I want one because I will be attending the Candlelight.

WITron
11-22-2005, 08:05 PM
We will also be attending the Candlelight Procession, which is why I wanted one. We will be getting into Anaheim on the 3rd and then going to the park on the 4th. I have talked to someone that is a CM in the park to see about getting me one before they moved the date back. So, hopefully I will get one.
I finally got a New Year's Eve pin from 99/00 by trading.

cstephens
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM
We will also be attending the Candlelight Procession, which is why I wanted one. We will be getting into Anaheim on the 3rd and then going to the park on the 4th. I have talked to someone that is a CM in the park to see about getting me one before they moved the date back. So, hopefully I will get one.

Did you get your pin? I saw quite a few of them still available on Sunday.

WITron
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I just got back from our trip, so I am just reading the back posts. Yes I was able to purchase it. There were still quite a few on our last day on Saturday 12/10. I also picked up the Chronicles of Narnia pin that was released on the 9th.