PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know... [dimensions of Hungry Bear Restaurant]

splashmtngurl
10-26-2005, 08:39 PM
i've been in the process of designing a resteraunt for disneyland in my spare time just for fun and i have made some blueprints for the whole thing. I actually was thinking it would be neat to put it where the current Hungry Bear Resteraunt is but i have run into a small road block, im not sure how much space is in that area.

Can anyone give me some rough numbers as to how much space there is in that area?

Whittibo
10-27-2005, 06:43 AM
I think you have too much spare time. LOL

Andrew
10-27-2005, 09:54 AM
i've been in the process of designing a resteraunt for disneyland in my spare time just for fun and i have made some blueprints for the whole thing. I actually was thinking it would be neat to put it where the current Hungry Bear Resteraunt is but i have run into a small road block, im not sure how much space is in that area.

Can anyone give me some rough numbers as to how much space there is in that area?
Based on this Urban Areas survey photo (http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=8&Z=11&X=8292&Y=74835&W=2&qs=1313+Harbor+Blvd%7cAnaheim%7cCA%7c&Addr=1313+S+Harbor+Blvd%2c+Anaheim%2c+CA+92802&ALon=-117.9153750&ALat=33.8139887) on Terraserver, I'm thinking it's roughly 3375 ft^2.

splashmtngurl
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
lol maybe i do i have to much free time...then again parts of it have been for a school project and i want tobe an imagineer someday so it cant hurt..

Thanks for the info, i think it will fit...i may need to downsize a lil bit...but thanks for the help!

Rhiannon8404
10-27-2005, 02:18 PM
lol maybe i do i have to much free time...then again parts of it have been for a school project and i want tobe an imagineer someday so it cant hurt..

Thanks for the info, i think it will fit...i may need to downsize a lil bit...but thanks for the help!

Wow! That's really cool! What kind of restaurant? Counter service? Themed? Can you share some of your ideas or are they secret? ;)

sleepyjeff
10-27-2005, 02:22 PM
I've often thought it would be great if this restaurant had a few of the old Country Bear AAs performing for the diners. Also would change the counter service facility into something more like a sizzler:cool:

splashmtngurl
10-27-2005, 03:53 PM
alright...i have another question here.

so my estimated square footage for this resteraunt is currently at 3712 sq. feet with a capacity of about 174 people. The space available is roughly 3375 sq. feet. which means that i have roughly 337 sq feet for my resteraunt thats not available.

my questions are this:

1:would having the kitchen on an upper level to save space but keep my overall sq footage the same be un-common or against protocol? ( i know the rainforest cafe has an upperlevel service kitchen)

2:Is 174 for a capacity to small? it seems a bit small to me...how is it in comparison to the blue bayou?

Andrew
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
so my estimated square footage for this resteraunt is currently at 3712 sq. feet with a capacity of about 174 people. The space available is roughly 3375 sq. feet. which means that i have roughly 337 sq feet for my resteraunt thats not available.The area behind the Hungry Bear is wooded and undeveloped, so you could probably squeeze a few hundred more square feet into the project.

1:would having the kitchen on an upper level to save space but keep my overall sq footage the same be un-common or against protocol? ( i know the rainforest cafe has an upperlevel service kitchen)The Hungry Bear's kitchen is upstairs, but I think that's not what you meant. I can't imagine why having a kitchen on a separate floor would be a problem, as long as you allow for transporting the dishes between floors--an automated dumbwaiter, perhaps? You wouldn't want to have your servers balancing plates while running up and down stairs.

splashmtngurl
10-27-2005, 04:33 PM
thank you so much, that helps me alot. i will let you know how things go...who knows, im guessing ill have more questions in the future. As for my plans, im afraid those are secret, but you never know...maybe someday my odea might actually be use :O lol...thanks again everyone

Whittibo
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Ya know what I think they need more of.. regular old fashioned sit down restaurants where someone waits on you. Being a "mommy" it's my job to go order everything, then get it over to the table and then hand it out, and try not to drop everything, oh, and the tables are typically too small too. And after a long hot day of walking around, I don't WANT to wait on my family, I want someone to come take my order and bring my food and refill my glass of soda.

I know the costs would have to be higher to pay for the staff to wait tables, but OHHHH.. it would be SO worth it (to me anyway)..

And you're right, it can't hurt fooling around. I hope one day your dream comes true and you DO become an imagineer!!

Opus1guy
10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I've often thought it would be great if this restaurant had a few of the old Country Bear AAs performing for the diners. Also would change the counter service facility into something more like a sizzler:cool:

I think you've just described Chucky Cheese.

;)

sleepyjeff
10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
I think you've just described Chucky Cheese.

;)

Sans the clunky AAs, continuous b-day parties, arcade games everywhere and the food type stuff that resembles pizza:p

:)

splashmtngurl
10-27-2005, 07:21 PM
lol...i dont have a chucky cheese in mind lol ;)

qwiksliver1022
10-29-2005, 12:32 PM
i want tobe an imagineer someday

OMG me too!

splashmtngurl
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
really that is sooooo awesome. I have wanted to work for Disney since i was in 3rd grade, the first time a went to disneyland. Im still deciding whether i want to be in architecture and ride design as an imagineer or if i would rather do something with writing, something else that i love to do. What would you like to do as an imagineer?

splashmtngurl
11-08-2005, 12:51 PM
ok another question lol....is 174 people a large enough capacity for a sit down resteraunt? Its hard to get into the blue bayou and i dont want it to be that difficult to get into this resteraunt.....of course i could make an upper level to accomodate more people but do you think thats needed?

Doug
11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
School project? High school?

splashmtngurl
11-09-2005, 02:38 PM
lol not for school project...for ...myself i guess. i've been working on it for over a year.....i have alot of plans and now i need to start organizing it, im actually going to use a robot to build a model of it next year at my school....i've used bits of it for projects but not all of it, its mostly for my learning experience.

but still...does anyone know if my capacity seems to small or just right????