PDA

View Full Version : If not HoJo or Disneyland property, where?

kaybee2
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I seemed to have missed the boat in making ressies at Hojo's for Nov 10-12, and DL properties are out of our budget. Does anyone have any suggestions for good, not overly expensive off-site properties? We have 2 adults and 2 kids in our party and are hoping for something close enough to walk to the park.

Many thanks!
Karen

DangerMouse
10-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I did a search using the Kayak search engine, and it looks like most everything close to the park is sold out during that time, I'm sure b/c of Veteran's Day.

I did find Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park for $68, Ramada Inn Maingate for $139, Desert Inn & Suites (closest to the park) for $156.

Good luck finding something.

ACDSNY
10-26-2005, 11:21 AM
You might try Embassy Suites - South, it was $119 when I made our ressie a couple of months ago.

spectromen
10-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Several of the Super 8s and Travelodges around the park are still showing availability for those dates in the $50-60 range on Expedia...

Pat-n-Eil
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't speak for availability, but the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Park Inn Anaheim were both quite satisfactory last time we stayed there..

Darkbeer
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
You could always gamble and pick a high star place at Hotwire or Priceline.

But you would need to have a car, or rely on the ART.

Wendi
10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
You might try calling Hojo's directly. I couldn't find any availability there for the same week as you, but I had an existing reservation for the prior week and just wanted to change my dates. I e-mailed Willie and he changed my dates for me. He said that when they get really low on available rooms, they don't show any availability online, but they may still have a few rooms available. It's worth giving them a call directly to find out.

SCUBAbe
10-26-2005, 06:29 PM
park inn anaheim and tropicana are decent...I've also stayed at the carousel...it was ok, but I haven't been back. ..another nice hotel is the marriott,but you would have to drive in. I've also stayed at travel lodge international (sp??)....it was clean and decent, but I drove from that one as well. :)

Pirate Princess
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
As always, my vote is for the Carousel. (Microwave and Fridge in room if you are wanting to save some $$$!) Also, a decent enough continental breakfast (but how much can you eat in the morning when you are sooo excited??? We just grab a piece of fruit and a muffin and don't even finish that.)
It's nothing super special, but we are only in our room to sleep. It's clean, very updated and spacious.

SCUBAbe
10-26-2005, 08:00 PM
As always, my vote is for the Carousel. (Microwave and Fridge in room if you are wanting to save some $$$!) Also, a decent enough continental breakfast (but how much can you eat in the morning when you are sooo excited??? We just grab a piece of fruit and a muffin and don't even finish that.)
It's nothing super special, but we are only in our room to sleep. It's clean, very updated and spacious.
tropicana also has a microwave...i think park inn anaheim did too...I never use them, but they are in some rooms as well as mini frdiges. I also have no idea what the free breakfasts are like. I never have them. I literally sleep, shower and leave....LOL..there are a few things I hated about the caraousel. We went in July and the room was very hot and nver cooled down...also the shower flooded the bathroom....this is not the hotels fault, but when we went up to the pool it was filled with loud sceaming kids and their parents were just sitting around ignoring them....we left...not my idea of a relaxing vacation...LOL... oh, and one of the beds was lopsided. It wasn't even level, the pillows were rock hard and very lumpy....all the other hotels I stayed at were not like the carousel in those areas..:)

mi_mous
10-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Along these lines, has anyone stayed at the Days Inn Disneyland West lately? I made reservations there, and I have not seen or heard about it, and have heard good and bad things about it. I'm not expecting much, just a place to stay and sleep. But, has anyone here stayed there?