PDA

View Full Version : Will they put middle names on Ears and badges?

Pages : [1] 2

potterphreak
10-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Would rather NOT have the girls' first names on their ears and badges, do they do middle names? We have a Sunshine and a Darling so thought I would ask....LOL

DaddyB
10-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Castmembers really shouldn't be able to tell you what's an acceptable name to put on a name tag. Who are they to say that "sunshine" is an unacceptable name? I've even had my screen name put on badges in the past. Only once, about 2 years ago, was I hassled about it, and I simply told them that was my name and to please put it on my name tag.

Loteki
10-26-2005, 08:35 AM
On the flip side, they refused to put "Willie" as a nickname for William. :rolleyes:

TDBearGrrl
10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
They wouldn't put DD on a tag for me. My friend Jeff did get a Tink badge with his name on it - the CM was reluctant.

potterphreak
10-26-2005, 08:41 AM
DisneyDyke-
What name wouldn't they put on their for you? I know they don't do names like Grandma and Grandpa and stuff. Grrr! I don't get it, if it isn't offensive who cares?

10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Grrr! I don't get it, if it isn't offensive who cares?

Well, that's just it. They seem to have a low tolerance. For example, the word "Dyke" would not make it onto a nametag.

TDBearGrrl
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I just wanted the letters "DD". I knew there was no way they were going to put my screen name on, I didn't even ask. But I have tried a couple of times to get DD and no luck. A couple of years ago for my birthday we did a Princess Birthday Party (I was 34) and gave keychains to the attendees. We were able to do more that time - Lala, Bear, Sissy and Ping with no problems. I haven't been able to get these names done on 50th Name Tags for the same people. I do know people have talked CMs into doing names they shouldn't ( A friend got a "Not w/ Tim" made - it took a lot of convincing) It's all about getting a CM willing to bend the rules. There was a large amount of flirting involved - I am certain of it.

hlbtimes2
10-26-2005, 08:50 AM
When you go to buy them, just dont make a big deal out of it. They will have your write what you want on a reciept/ order paper. If you draw attn to it, and make a big deal they are more likely to question it.

twist1980
10-26-2005, 08:52 AM
It all depends on who is doing the hats too. Some CM's are cool about what you want to put on there. I have some friends that tried to get their VMK names put on their ears and were told no, but the next day one of them tried again and the CM did it.

I agree with hlbtimes2 though, just don't make a big deal and they should do it for you!

DaddyB
10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
As far as "DD" goes, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Maybe I do like others have suggested and I don't make a big deal of it and the one time I wsa questioned, I acted surprised that the castmember would even ask. Just tell them that DD is your name (or the name of the person you're getting it for) and please do it. People go by "JT" and such, why not "DD"?

I'm sure it's all up to the castmember behind the counter. Some people are more rules bound than others. I, obviously, am not very rules bound... practically to the point of subversive.

(but I like it that way)

silence
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to remember if I had to show ID when I got my last set of ears done. No one believes me when I tell them my name is Silence.

I'll be getting my 50th ears in December, I hope I don't have problems then!

MammaSilva
10-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I got MammaSilva on my ears but couldn't get them on my 50th name tag when I went a couple weeks ago. I didn't hassle the CM I just bought a blank and brought it home, I'll take it to a local place and they'll do it, I'll pay a lot more but I'll have my custom name tag.

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:41 AM
When you go to buy them, just dont make a big deal out of it. They will have your write what you want on a reciept/ order paper. If you draw attn to it, and make a big deal they are more likely to question it.Well said, I got my nickname"forrest" it didn't take any convincing or i.d. Although I have seen them I.d many people.

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:48 AM
As far as "DD" goes, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Maybe I do like others have suggested and I don't make a big deal of it and the one time I wsa questioned, I acted surprised that the castmember would even ask. Just tell them that DD is your name (or the name of the person you're getting it for) and please do it. People go by "JT" and such, why not "DD"?

I'm sure it's all up to the castmember behind the counter. Some people are more rules bound than others. I, obviously, am not very rules bound... practically to the point of subversive.

(but I like it that way)I have seen Initials & such very seldom! they frown on that! i think because a lot of times CM's will try to find characters that will fit those initials etc.
:|

DaddyB
10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
How're They Going To Id A Person Who Isn't There? Just Say You're Getting For Your Grammy Or Whoever.

potterphreak
10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
I don't think Sunshine will be *too* hard because some people have that as their first name but Darling? I think that might be difficult. <sigh> What WAS her mother thinking? HA! I'm one too talk!

charpaul
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
I have said it before....

It totally depends on the CM and how you ask. Some will say yes easily... some will not.
Just be pollite - don't make a big deal out of it - and hold your ground that it is a legitimate name.....
If they continue to say NO you can always ask another CM later....

The policy is to ONLY do proper names - but we have all seen that bent many times at the park....

There is a RUMOR that if you ask a cast member THREE times they need to say yes on the 4th.....

Pooh bear
10-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't think Sunshine will be *too* hard because some people have that as their first name but Darling? I think that might be difficult. <sigh> What WAS her mother thinking? HA! I'm one too talk!

They might question Darling as being part of Wendy Darling... When we were there they wouldnt Put Tee-Tee on a hat for me, they said only your birth name. Also wanted Megara om my Neices hat her name is Meg but we call her Megara. But because it was #1 a nickname and #2 a Disney Character they wouldnt do it.

SCUBAbe
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
They don't ask for ID's...my ears have my VMK avatars name on them and so does my daughters pirate hat..:)

Whittibo
10-26-2005, 06:46 PM
oh brother! Again, if it's not offensive, what difference does it make? I would explain to the CM that you don't want your daughters names on there.

As a side note, when I was a child, names on shirts were a big thing. I was at the state fair, and this stranger walks up to me and called me by my name. I was a kid. It didn't occur to me my name was on my SHIRT. But I was nice and friendly and even was talking to him because he knew my name. THANK GOD it wasn't a predator. I probably would have left with him!

I was in Walmart with my daughter last week, she has a key chain we just got from DL, and wears it on her DL sweatshirt on the zipper.. this lady said, "bye Kelsey".. and my daughter said, "how do you know my name"..

I am saying this because you're right! I think it's smart not to have your kids names on there. Our kids don't have "pet names" so we just got their names on their hats, but I wouldn't let them wear them anywhere. They were bought for souvenirs only.

I think this needs to be brought to Disney's attention. Parents shouldn't HAVE to put their kids names on their hat if they don't WANT to. Again, if it's not offensive, it should be allowed. But, that's only MY opinion.

Pirate Princess
10-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm waiting for it to hit the fan...
Last time there was a post like this everyone was going on and on and on about don't ask the CM's for special favors, they could lose their jobs.. blah blah blah.

(He he he.. here it gooooeeeeessssssssssss)

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
How're They Going To Id A Person Who Isn't There? Just Say You're Getting For Your Grammy Or Whoever.it's upsetting but they really do card people sometimes! & I've seen people pleading with CM's but they say it's "policy". of course some do get there way after asking several times politely! Also on the vmk name hats, some times if CM's are acustumed to seeing you frequently, and you never give them a hard time, they give you what you want! I myself know this to be true at least for me!
:D

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:11 PM
oh brother! Again, if it's not offensive, what difference does it make? I would explain to the CM that you don't want your daughters names on there.

As a side note, when I was a child, names on shirts were a big thing. I was at the state fair, and this stranger walks up to me and called me by my name. I was a kid. It didn't occur to me my name was on my SHIRT. But I was nice and friendly and even was talking to him because he knew my name. THANK GOD it wasn't a predator. I probably would have left with him!

I was in Walmart with my daughter last week, she has a key chain we just got from DL, and wears it on her DL sweatshirt on the zipper.. this lady said, "bye Kelsey".. and my daughter said, "how do you know my name"..

I am saying this because you're right! I think it's smart not to have your kids names on there. Our kids don't have "pet names" so we just got their names on their hats, but I wouldn't let them wear them anywhere. They were bought for souvenirs only.

I think this needs to be brought to Disney's attention. Parents shouldn't HAVE to put their kids names on their hat if they don't WANT to. Again, if it's not offensive, it should be allowed. But, that's only MY opinion.An extremely good point! it really does need to be brought to their attention! it's ridiculous that you can dress up as any character(they sell the costumes, & wigs!) but you can't get a name tag with that characters name! also really not a good idea with real names on them in this day & age! It's bad enough that it's so easy to steal someone's identity. no one uses my real name anymore! it's sort of my secret password.

hlbtimes2
10-27-2005, 07:44 AM
The policy is to ONLY do proper names - but we have all seen that bent many times at the park...My new proper name is "mom". ;) My hat says so.

As a thread drift: My three year old insisted he needed to wear his ears backward so everyone would know his name. We kept trying to turn them around and he would have NO part of it. But, that only last about 1/2 hour, then it started to rain and I didnt want them to get wet.

stan4d_steph
10-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Would rather NOT have the girls' first names on their ears and badges, do they do middle names? We have a Sunshine and a Darling so thought I would ask....LOLYou could always write down the names and hand them to the engraver on a piece of paper. If he/she challenges one or the other, just give your rationale for wanting to get their middle names on the badges. I hope it works out for you. :)