PDA

View Full Version : Malificent in Castle?

DangerMouse
10-26-2005, 06:43 AM
I saw on one of DaddyB's recent photo updates a pic where he mentioned the evil queen in the castle. And yesterday, the kids and I watched the DL version of Sing-a-long-Songs and saw a clip of the evil queen in the window.

Where do you see this in the park? I can't believe I've been to DL as many times as I have and never seen Malificent in the window of the castle!

TIA!

DangerMouse
10-26-2005, 06:49 AM
OOOPS! Nevermind, I just realized that it's not Malificent, and it's Snow White's queen. Obviously, she must be above the Snow White ride, right? Where's that darn "delete thread" button??

DisneylandForever
10-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Malificent does not appear in any of the exterior windows of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. On the inside (the old walk-through) there are several small windows that depict scenes from the movie, just like the scenes displayed in the windows of The Emporium on Main Street.

The Evil Queen (from Snow White) can be seen leering out of the window atop Snow White's Scary Adventure. I don't the time intervals in which she appears, but I believe it's sometime between every 30 to 60 seconds.

potzbie
10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
I did post that about a month ago, near where ARIEL signs autographs and photo ops in her "shell," the face character EVIL QUEEN (mother of Snow White) was doing the same.

yngjedi
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
if you turn the golden apple on the book in front of the snow white ride the evil queen will open the curtins in the window

disneyhound
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
if you turn the golden apple on the book in front of the snow white ride the evil queen will open the curtins in the windowReally?

Arnie
10-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Really?
Actually if you touch the golden apple, you'll hear a cackle. The queen periodically opens the curtains by herself.

Rteneyck
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=DisneylandForever]Malificent does not appear in any of the exterior windows of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. On the inside (the old walk-through) there are several small windows that depict scenes from the movie, just like the scenes displayed in the windows of The Emporium on Main Street.

Oh how I miss the old walk through. I loved walking through there. I wonder why it is closed?

charpaul
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
The walk through is closed for several reasons -
1 - not handicap accessible (and could not be made so) with VERY steep stairs....
2 - was not working most of the time and not on the list for repair
3 - there were no security or cameras in a VERY dark and isolated part of the park :eek:
4 - supposedly legal department thought it would be better to close it.....

At least that is what I have heard.

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:55 PM
The walk through is closed for several reasons -
1 - not handicap accessible (and could not be made so) with VERY steep stairs....
2 - was not working most of the time and not on the list for repair
3 - there were no security or cameras in a VERY dark and isolated part of the park :eek:
4 - supposedly legal department thought it would be better to close it.....

At least that is what I have heard.Also it closed for a while after theft! Someone stole 12 of the origional 1950's Barbie's with hand made retro sleeping beuty drag & where worth quite a bit! Some of the dolls where recovered by disney after investigations into what happened.(A few of my aquantences were involved)they opened castle for a very short while after some dolls were recovered & replaced, but it soon closed again & will probably be gone for ever. Doors on dioramas were so easy to open if you happened to lean on the right stones in the walls!

Clotho
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Well, I am sure there were lots of reasons behind it, but it closed on September 11th and never opened again.

stan4d_steph
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, I am sure there were lots of reasons behind it, but it closed on September 11th and never opened again.Actually, it closed on October 7, 2001 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/mouadvoct7-02.htm).