PDA

View Full Version : Just Back-Not crowded

nursemelis374
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, I just got back from a 2 hour trip to DL. It was NOT crowded. All the lines were 10 minutes or less, except for Space which was 35 minutes because I guess it had been down for a while. Even Splash was 10 minutes!

I do think that there seemed to be a lot of people walking around, but we walked on many things.

I hope this calms the nerves of everyone that is worried that it is crazy there.

johnnyn18
10-26-2005, 01:27 AM
i was there on fri 9-12, sat 8-12, and sun 3-10 , and really didnt notice the big crowds at all. I suggest that people come in the late evening to avoid the crowds. Most rides were 10-15 mins or less. On sat the que time for space was 100 mins at about 11:30, but the cm was telling people that it would be 90 min wait.. I went in line anyways and it only took like 30 mins to get on...on sunday at DCA the crowds were all gone by around 630 and DL by 830 at DL.. eveything was really short or a walk on..

disneyhound
10-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Well, I just got back from a 2 hour trip to DL. It was NOT crowded. All the lines were 10 minutes or less, except for Space which was 35 minutes because I guess it had been down for a while. Even Splash was 10 minutes!

I do think that there seemed to be a lot of people walking around, but we walked on many things.

I hope this calms the nerves of everyone that is worried that it is crazy there.Was it raining?

nursemelis374
10-26-2005, 07:16 AM
It did not rain the entire time we were there. It was actually much nicer weather in Anaheim than here in the foothills. It also did not seem like it had rained earlier.

Koala Gurl
10-26-2005, 07:18 AM
I was there a few weeks ago on a Tuesday, and while it LOOKED crowded (people everywhere) the ride lines were quite reasonable (walk-on to 15/20 minutes on average...Space was down while I was there, so not sure what the wait time would have been.)

Mac_gurl
10-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Thank you for calming my nerves! I have heard all this talk of it been quite crowded, and was getting worried! I hope that we can get a lot done when we are there, cause it's the bf's first time in DL when we go!

Koala Gurl
10-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Thank you for calming my nerves! I have heard all this talk of it been quite crowded, and was getting worried! I hope that we can get a lot done when we are there, cause it's the bf's first time in DL when we go!

Just get there 1/2 hr before opening if you can! You will be able to get some of the "big": stuff done...then you can relax a bit more later & just enjoy!

ToursbabeC3po
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Friday - Monday have been very busy. Tuesday - Thursday are much better. Although last Thursday was so crowded they extended park hours. I hope you have a great trip Mac_gurl.
Toursbabe

rentayenta
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Melissa, please give me the same report December 9-13! :D

annieb727
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
we were there over two weekends and the week in between -- we just got home yesterday. we found that saturdays were quite busy, with fridays and sundays not all that busy. they are not SUMMER time busy, but busier than normal off-season. sunday night was the BEST -- very few people with longer hours...we rode CA Screamin' 4 times with no wait -- just run through the queue again!! it was awesome -- DL was the same when we hopped on over after we finished at DCA

hlbtimes2
10-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Friday - Monday have been very busy. Tuesday - Thursday are much better. Although last Thursday was so crowded they extended park hours. I hope you have a great trip Mac_gurl.
Toursbabe

They extended them on Thurs. Oct 13 as well. They added an hour.

DaddyB
10-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I was at Disneyland last night (Wednesday 10/26) for my photo update and it was VERY QUIET. Possible quieter than the 1st and 2nd weeks of September!

Space Mountain was a 20 minute standby, Indy Jones was 15 minutes! The line for matterhorn didn't even start to bend around the corner, it was completely contained in the queue and in front of the mountain.

I spoke to a couple CMs who confirmed that it's been extraordinarily quiet this week, which was a welcome relief to last week and especially last weekend which was as busy as they've seen it off-season.

I'm going under the assumption that the "Mickey's Halloween Treat" evening events over at DCA is somehow encouraging guests to show up earlier over at DL for the day, or those who don't have tickets for the DCA event are coming anyway to go to "the other park".

DangerMouse
10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I was at Disneyland last night (Wednesday 10/26) for my photo update and it was VERY QUIET. Possible quieter than the 1st and 2nd weeks of September!

Space Mountain was a 20 minute standby, Indy Jones was 15 minutes! The line for matterhorn didn't even start to bend around the corner, it was completely contained in the queue and in front of the mountain.

I spoke to a couple CMs who confirmed that it's been extraordinarily quiet this week, which was a welcome relief to last week and especially last weekend which was as busy as they've seen it off-season.

Oooooh, DaddyB, why did you have to post that? I'm ready to jump in the car and start driving West!!!

sjcivilady
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Possibly, lots of schools had a fall break in October -- I know the modified-traditional schools in the Lodi USD had two weeks off. I've been kind of worried about my next trip being crowded, but these posts have made me feel better. thanks, posters! joan