PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Sound Off

Pages : [1] 2

cindyland
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Looking forward to a trip in April. Our school has the two weeks before Easter off (April 4-15). I've noticed many schools are off in March, or the weeks immediately before or after Easter. Not too many the week of April 4, which is when we're hoping to go. Of course, the hotels don't believe me and are charging high rates, but that's another subject.

Please log in with your Spring Break. thanks.:fez:

nvmom
10-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm in Northern Nevada and our spring break if the week after Easter, late this year. I've been looking into a trip for March or early April. I didn't think rates were to bad for the first week of Apr?

nvmom

cpeak
10-25-2005, 09:17 PM
When is Easter next year. I noticed the scool district I work for does not have spring break until April 10th-14th. Maybe I will have to talk my husband into going again in April for our daughter's b-day.

cindyland
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM
I have not been able to find a discount rate at any off-property hotels in the DL area for the first week of April, been told "it's the middle of Spring Break." I've mostly been looking at suite hotels (group of six with me, hubby, grandma and three kids ages 4-11). We just got a great deal for HoJo in October, no luck for April. And we keep trying for a timeshare...grrr...

DisneyLynn
10-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Last year DL was sooooo crowded beginning around the middle of March until 2 weeks after Easter. Everyone's breaks are different and it's busy for almost 2 full months.

DangerMouse
10-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Most AZ schools have spring break March 13-17. I think the different school calendars are going to keep the park pretty much in spring break mode March 10 through the end of April.

Deluxe AP's do not get Saturdays past March 10.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-26-2005, 07:00 AM
We are in WA state and our son is April 3-7, he does go to private school, so I am not sure about the public school. I would assume they are the same.
We are meeting a friend from VA there the following week, that is when her kids have off school. Not that many people from VA travel to DLR on spring break.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Most AZ schools have spring break March 13-17. I think the different school calendars are going to keep the park pretty much in spring break mode March 10 through the end of April.

Deluxe AP's do not get Saturdays past March 10.

Do you have a link to the AP calendar for 2006. Why was I thinking there were not SAT black out days for deluxe APs?

hlbtimes2
10-26-2005, 08:04 AM
We are in WA state and our son is April 3-7, he does go to private school, so I am not sure about the public school. I would assume they are the same.

Nope, they arent all the same. We are out the following week- April 10-14.

VickiC
10-26-2005, 08:29 AM
My daughter goes to school in Anaheim and is out the week after Easter. April 17-21. We are obliging all you out of towners by going to London for the week.

forthekids
10-26-2005, 09:22 AM
We are in Northern California on a year-round schedule and we don't get ANY Spring Break. Only Good Friday. But, my kids are on the track that is off the entire month of March. Glad we didn't postpone our November trip until then!

nvmom
10-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Ok, so late Feb or early Mar is sounding better all the time. :)

nvmom

momtotwins
10-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Our school, in Northern California, has the week of Feb 21 and the week of April 10 off. The Feb one is clearly still in winter, but thought I would add it in case it's of any use to other vacation planners. :)

chazcrew
10-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Our school, in Northern California, has the week of Feb 21 and the week of April 10 off. The Feb one is clearly still in winter, but thought I would add it in case it's of any use to other vacation planners. :)

The entire week of Feb 21? Well crap. We're going that week, because we figured everyone would go on the long President's Day weekend, then be back in school for the rest of the week.

I hope it's just your school!!!

cindyland
10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Hate to tell you guys, but I have friends in Central Valley (Merced) and they have the Feb week off too...and they're heading to DL! But I'm thinking the weather will keep some away...not like October...yes, I'm still bitter!

Can someone clue in the hotels that the week of April 2 is not a big break week? Save me some money?

hlbtimes2
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
We are in WA, and we have that week off as "mid winter break". I know that at least one other district in our area also takes the week off.

DangerMouse
10-26-2005, 01:10 PM
We are in WA, and we have that week off as "mid winter break". I know that at least one other district in our area also takes the week off.

Wow! Thanks guys. I now know to shoot for the following week (after the cheerleaders are gone, of course). ;)

Crazy4DL
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
My daughter goes to school in Anaheim and is out the week after Easter. April 17-21. We are obliging all you out of towners by going to London for the week.

Your kindness is truly amazing :p ;)

London would be a wonderful trip. I must make it there someday. Have a great trip. :)

cindyland
10-26-2005, 03:54 PM

Is "that week" February or April (now I'm getting paranoid).

You've all been very helpful, still having hotel problems...

adriennek
10-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Can someone clue in the hotels that the week of April 2 is not a big break week? Save me some money?

On four-track year round schools, the most popular track has the entire month of April off. You also have to consider that many colleges and universities determine their breaks by trimester calendars, not Easter.

I always consider Spring Break more of a six-week period than a concentrated one to three week period.

Adrienne

Everett Buzz
10-27-2005, 08:26 PM

My Kids have the whole week of Feb 20-24 off for Mid-Winter Vacation. And the week of April 10-14 for Spring Vacation.

Hawaiian Cinderella
10-28-2005, 03:34 PM
My DD has March 27 -- 31 off and we're GOING TO DL :p :p :p

Her cousin who also goes to school here but is on a different school calendar has March 20 -- 31 off and their family has a BIG family reunion in DL during that time.

downingfamily1
11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Oregon schools are out for Spring Break the last week of March this year. I didn't see many people mention that specific week for their school break, any chance it would be a semi-quiet time?
-Julie

meandthree
11-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Texas Schools are out for Spring Break March 13-17. Of course we will be there!

prncsmsj
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
For the Wasatch Front school districts in Utah, the dates are:
April 5-8
April 8-16
April 13-17
April 18-23

The universities around here are:
March 11-19
March 22-26

Yeah, we are trying to plan a trip around then, and I am guessing from the beginning of March until the end of April will be constant Spring Break in DL.