PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Seating [Aladdin/DCA]

KRA0125
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok, I keep reading on posts about preferred seating for the parades and different shows, how does someone go about getting preferred seating? :confused: Please tell me the secret, I would love preferred seating for the Aladain show.

Thanks all.

Daveylegs
10-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I know we got preferred seating when we booked our reservations with WDT. We're staying on property. I'm not sure if the seating came with booking through them or staying on property.

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Booking a package with WDT or buying your tickets through AAA (it can be in a package or not in a pakage.. you get them either way. if you have AAA make sure you ask them first, since things are constantly changing.)

hlbtimes2
10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
One thing you should know about PS for shows: Its not like making a reservation for a meal. For Aladin you have to stand in line for the show time you want. Then, when they let people in to the queue behind the building you go to the gold podium and gve them your PS ticket. They send you to an area to wait for the auditorium to open. When the doors open you go in and find a seat in the front 1/2 of the seating area.

I wasnt all that impressed with the PS area. Its too close to the stage, and its under the flying carpet, when it comes out. And when the big elephant comes in, he comes in behind the PS area.

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Something else to know about priority seating. You can be turned away. We didn't show up early enough once and they were full. So, get there early enough (this all depends on the crowds during the time you are there)!
Unlike the last poster, I TOTALLY thought PS was worth it! We were in the front row and almost ALL of the characters interacted with my son (frequently and for a good amout of time)! He was in AWE! (okay.. yes.. I was too!) Yes, the magic carpet is harder to see since it is above you, BUT all the more reason to go see it again! (Especially since you only get one priority seating per ticket!)
If you don't get priority seating try to get the seats right behind them on the aisle since the characters run up and down the aisles at different points in the show!

truesally
10-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I wasnt all that impressed with the PS area. Its too close to the stage, and its under the flying carpet, when it comes out. And when the big elephant comes in, he comes in behind the PS area.
Our experience was the opposite - we were seated in the back 1/2, which meant we were at the division of seats, right where the procession goes through. It was fantastic! Everyone/thing walked right in front of us. We could see the stage fine although the flying carpet was a tad harder to get a look at (but we did). Overall, I loved the PS option. Ours came from booking with WDT, also (we did not stay on property).

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Our experience was the opposite - we were seated in the back 1/2, which meant we were at the division of seats, right where the procession goes through.
That is the same with the front row.. the procession goes right in front of you. So wonderful! These two spots are probably your best bet to get that extra special attention!

mi_mous
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Our experience was the opposite - we were seated in the back 1/2, which meant we were at the division of seats, right where the procession goes through. It was fantastic! Everyone/thing walked right in front of us. We could see the stage fine although the flying carpet was a tad harder to get a look at (but we did). Overall, I loved the PS option. Ours came from booking with WDT, also (we did not stay on property).

I have done both seating in the front, on the floor, and also in the back 1/2. The back 1/2 is soooo much better IMO. You get the processional of all the characters coming through on the aisle, and when the carpet comes out, you get a better view, when it comes down low enough. When we were on the floor in the front, we just saw the bottom of the carpet most of the time.

yeartolate
10-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Am I the only one that was not told where to sit? They just let us in a few minutes before everyone else and did not tell us where to sit.

KRA0125
10-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone! It sounds like no matter where we sit it will be a good show. I am just going to go with the flow - no worries here! :D

RStar
10-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Am I the only one that was not told where to sit? They just let us in a few minutes before everyone else and did not tell us where to sit.
That's they way it shuould be. Everyone has a difference of opinion where the best seets are, so they should let them choose.