PDA

View Full Version : Threats prompt closures of airports in Long Beach, Orange County -- AP, 2005-10-25

Andrew
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Threats prompt closures of airports in Long Beach, Orange County (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/25/state/n065731D43.DTL&feed=rss.news) -- SFGate/AP, 2005-10-25

Airports in Long Beach and Orange County were shut down Tuesday morning because of bomb threats, officials said.

The Long Beach threat was made in a telephone call placed to the facility around 3 a.m., said airport spokeswoman Sharon Diggs-Jackson. The threat to John Wayne Airport in Orange County also came in a telephone call, said Nico Melendez, a spokesman for the federal Transportation Security Administration.

He said he did not know if flights had been affected but added that the airport was operating normally.

TikiGeek
10-25-2005, 11:08 AM
POSTED: 9:15 am PDT October 25, 2005
UPDATED: 11:37 am PDT October 25, 2005
SAN DIEGO -- A suspicious bag detected by security screeners forced the evacuation of San Diego International Airport's Commuter Terminal, an official said. The suspicious items turned out to be toy parts and a cookie, and the terminal was reopened about an hour later.

Paranoia runs rampant??? Good or bad??? :confused:

tod
10-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Paranoia runs rampant??? Good or bad??? :confused:

Bad. Counter-productive.

Remember, the September 11 terrorists didn't announce their plans, they just did it.

Of course the authorities have to do their jobs, and of course they have to take threats seriously.

But this looks like a waste of time.

IMO, natch.

--t

Whittibo
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Bad. Counter-productive.

Remember, the September 11 terrorists didn't announce their plans, they just did it.

Of course the authorities have to do their jobs, and of course they have to take threats seriously.

But this looks like a waste of time.

IMO, natch.

--t

I would have to agree with this statement. I also feel the same way about all those "warnings" of computer viruses. If someone makes a virus, you'll get it before you get the warning for it. Warnings typically are hoaxes and a big waste of time.. BUT, I would also hate to NOT take something seriously and have repercussions of it to face. :(