PDA

View Full Version : One month to go... almost

EchoThree76
10-25-2005, 12:32 AM
My wife and i have one more month till our be-lated honeymoon. Is there any thing that i should be doing. I know we should start making reservations for Blue bayou, etc. Anything else i should do?

Also...i saw on Daddy B's update that people start reserving places to watch F! Is this acceptable? Would it be safe to leave a blanket there? Should i even worry?

EchoThree76
10-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Come on guys..little help here!

hlbtimes2
10-25-2005, 01:40 PM
You can bring a blanket of something to sit on to save a spot for F!- but one of you should stay there with it. Its considered poor form to leave it, and it might get moved while you are gone. Same with fireworks.

You might consider a tour if you are looking for something different to do while there. Other then that, just plan on everything being busy and taking longer the you think it will- from rides to eating to shopping- the lines will be longer then you expect.

Remeber to take time to relax while you are there!

KRA0125
10-25-2005, 01:48 PM
There are so many good tips ind ideas on these boards, I would grab a cup of coffee, settle into your chair and start reading.

Good luck.:D

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 03:20 PM
OHHHHHH!! Instead of a blanket, buy a "Neat Sheet"! It's my new favorite item. It is waterproof, sand/dirt comes right off, it has weights on each corner so it doesn't fly away, and it is very light weight! I bought mine at WM for about $7 and got more than my money's worth camping, taking it to the beach here and in Hawaii, having picnics, and laying out in the backyard. It's about 30 sq ft so you may want to fold it in half though. Here's the link: Neat Sheet! (http://www.theneatsheet.com/)
If you or the kid next to you spills their drink on your blanket, do you really want to carry it around all day? Also, it is a lot more stain resistant and less sentimental than a blanket.

GrumpyUTboi
10-25-2005, 03:36 PM
If someone put a blanket down on the ground and left then that spot would be fair game and the blanket would be neatly folded and placed in a nice spot. I hate people that stake out their spot and then leave thinking that it is alright to leave a blanket or such and that their spot will be there when they return. I hate that almost as much as I hate people that at the last minute cut in front of my family of small people to watch the parade/ fireworks.

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 06:17 PM
If someone put a blanket down on the ground and left then that spot would be fair game and the blanket would be neatly folded and placed in a nice spot. I hate people that stake out their spot and then leave thinking that it is alright to leave a blanket or such and that their spot will be there when they return. I hate that almost as much as I hate people that at the last minute cut in front of my family of small people to watch the parade/ fireworks.
But still.. I would give them 10 minutes to come back.. as a single mom I know how hard it is to go to DL by yourself.. you take them potty... put the blanket down and wait on the blanket... an hour later "I HAVE TO GO POTTY AGAIN!" I would hope a general rule of thumb would be 10 minutes. AND if someone is around you waiting too, explain the emergency potty situation and ask if they would be so kind as to watch your spot for 10 minutes.