PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night or Sunday night in Disneyland?

ucube
10-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Got my special after 4pm passes, and want to AVOID CROWDS at DL.
So...in the next month or so, what's the best bet?

Saturday 4pm - midnight? (crowded, but open late).
OR
Sunday 4pm - 10pm (maybe not as crowded, but closes earlier)

Any insight?
Could also try to go a weekday, but DL closes so early (8pm).
Maybe it's worth it.

TowerofTerror
10-24-2005, 10:39 PM
i SAY do it on a Saturday AND GO TO DL since it open later on that day.

pretty Omi
10-24-2005, 10:44 PM
how do you get special 4pm passes?

Captain Josh
10-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Sundays are less crowded, period. Unless you really want to see those fireworks, go on Sunday.

potzbie
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Is music a priority for you?
It is for me.

Saturday is the day the bands play:
1. CLUB BUZZ -- Rock & Top 40
2. PLAZA GARDENS -- Big Band Swing

The "team" of BILLY HILL AND THE HILLBILLIES changes between Sat. and Sun.
If you have a preferred "team," then pick the appropriate gig day.

Crowds are thinner Sunday.
Freeways are less crowded Sunday, except those freeways to/from Las Vegas. Orange County freeways should NOT see what I see on the I-10 on a Sunday afternoon, i.e., cars going from East to West (from out-of-town to in-town).

ucube
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
how do you get special 4pm passes?

Got them thru that BlizzCom thing that everyone was discussing on this board.
$28 for after 4pm entry. Good deal, no?

pretty Omi
10-25-2005, 11:22 PM
awesome deal, never heard about it tho, i have passes, but would definately use it to get friends to go, can you give me a lil more info?

johnnyn18
10-26-2005, 01:16 AM
i just went sat and sun and i thought saturday was the better day. After the fireworks and fantasmic, the crowd really cleared out. So you get almost 2 hrs of short lines on some rides because DL close at 12 on sats. On sunday i noticed shorter lines between the last hr 9-10, but it was only a hr...although most rides were 5-10 or walkons during last 2 hrs on both nights...Saturday is also better because of the fireworks...DCA was really really dead on sunday night between 6-8.. everything was a walk on...FP was not needed at all...

CrazyTrain
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Freeways are less crowded Sunday, except those freeways to/from Las Vegas. Orange County freeways should NOT see what I see on the I-10 on a Sunday afternoon, i.e., cars going from East to West (from out-of-town to in-town).

Or North to South from San Diego - ie. I-5. Always a pain Sunday nights going North.

spectromen
10-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Sundays can often be more crowded because the SoCal annual passholders are not blocked out and tend to go that day - but you never know.

ucube
10-26-2005, 08:34 PM
awesome deal, never heard about it tho, i have passes, but would definately use it to get friends to go, can you give me a lil more info?

See "great rates on tickets, can it be true?" thread on pg. 1 of DL discussion board. Good luck.