PDA

View Full Version : Cutie Costumed Girls in DL on Fri, Oct 21

Stophert
10-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Okay, I just have to get in here and post. My girlfriend, "Alisonsmom" has already been on a couple of threads and mentioned our 4 little girls that we had all dressed up in DL park on Friday, Oct 21....did anyone else see us?

We decided to have our girls dress up in their costumes and just "hang out". We didn't ride any rides. We had a Mary Poppins, Jane, Belle in the blue dress and a little Alice in Wonderland.

I was really a very magical morning for us. We ran into several of the characters in the park and we even got some special attention from Alice and the Mad Hatter at the teacups and Alice rides. It was truly a day to remember...and it was all worth the late nights of putting those costumes together!

Let us know if you saw us!

http://www.tk289.com/Disneyland/images/P1010084.jpg

SCUBAbe
10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
now those are adorable costumes and they are clean...:)

blewellen
10-24-2005, 07:49 PM
They are so cute. Great job on the costumes! :)

Andrew
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Great picture and cute costumes!

I've seen that particular Burt around quite a bit lately; I love that Disney has added that character to accompany Mary.

Stophert
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Yes---those girls did a GREAT job of staying clean! We ended the morning at the Blue Bayou for lunch, and I think we only ended up with a smattering of ketchup on Mary's dress and some apple juice on Alice's dress. A little stain remover can handle that!

Stophert
10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
And Burt was cool! He came up to me and told me I did a wonderful job on the costumes, as a "fellow artisan!" I loved it!....I can't take all the credit, however, my girlfriend came up with the costume ideas ages ago. She dreamed it up and I made it be! It worked out well!

hlbtimes2
10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Wonderful costumes! The girls all look great.

mi_mous
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I thought I did well making my Wendy outfit, but those costumes take the cake!! Sorry, didn't see you.
I did see an adult Mary Poppins though. Not the CM either.

uvsc_wolverine
10-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I saw your girls on Friday! I very specifically remember the Mary Poppins costume. I saw her and thought "Wow! That's quite the costume!"

Leap for Joy
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I saw the girls and I was completely blown away! They looked great and they were carrying themselves like perfect little ladies. Very impressive on all levels!!!

TowerofTerror
10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
wow great pictures you looked cute with your kids

DaddyB
10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
uber cutie patooties!

Clotho
10-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Love love love that photo. They look wonderful! It's like an ad, it's so perfectly lovely.

And I saw that Bert around recently, and thought he looked just perfect for the role. Love when he does cartwheels with his chimney sweeper.

Whittibo
10-25-2005, 12:26 PM
What a great way to spend a day! Your girls are VERY cute and VERY lucky!

Alice Fan
10-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Aaawwww....! What cute costumes! Your daughters are adorable!

AmandasDad
10-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Outstanding costumes!! Did you make these from a pattern or did you wing it?

I especially like the Mary Poppins one. I just have to make one for my little one. And the Belle for my wife.

-AmandasDad

Stophert
10-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I "whipped up" the costumes using bits and peices of patterns and mostly just winging it. I just kind of hang out with the fabric and a bunch of photos of what I want it to look like....plus we put the movies on and check out the accuracy, etc. It can be stressful when dealing with a time limit and multiple outfits, but overall, it is fun to create something like these costumes. And the cool part is that they are recognizable costumes, but not costumes everyone and his brother will have...the kids were able to be unique this way. Thanks for all the compliments....my friend, my hubby, my mom, and I make a fabulous team! :)

CrazyTrain
10-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow... those are fanstaic costumes!!

princessofpower
10-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh, I saw you guys there, hard to miss!!!! I think it was in fantasyland, maybe by the sword in the stone?? Not too sure, but I think that was it. Your girls looked amazing and I remember my sister trying to figure out where you must have bought those costumes at. Wait till I tell her you made them:eek: ...very well done!!!!

PrincessAmie
10-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Your girls are darling! Great job on the costumes. YOu are so talented. :)

melmel
10-29-2005, 12:29 PM
WOW! Amazing costumes!

Jane is my favorite Disney character, how exciting! THey all look sooo great!

That costume puts Ms. Mary to shame!