PDA

View Full Version : New Main Gate Policy

tikiboy
03-10-2002, 09:49 AM
I don't know if this is old news, but it was new to me!

The main gate folks don't check for handstamps on APs anymore.

I had noticed for the past couple of weeks while going between DCA and Disneyland that they weren't checking my handstamp like they used to. I just thought they were being lazy.
But yesterday, I finally asked, and the girl working the turnstile said that they don't have to check for APs that are just park hopping.

This is really nice, because it seems that whenever I want to leave either park, there is a SLOW line to get a handstamp!

bluepearl
03-10-2002, 12:05 PM
My friend and I found out about this last Wednesday and it was certainly good news to hear! I always thought that it didn't matter whether or not APs had to get stamps, because they were allowed to park-hop anyway (well, with the new two-park passes). That, and the stamps stay on our hands for days!

MonorailMan
03-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
My friend and I found out about this last Wednesday and it was certainly good news to hear! I always thought that it didn't matter whether or not APs had to get stamps, because they were allowed to park-hop anyway (well, with the new two-park passes). That, and the stamps stay on our hands for days!

I'll still get the stamp, that way when I get back to school my hand screams "Disneyland!". :)

MammaSilva
03-10-2002, 07:25 PM
I'm so glad that they have the new policy, we had a problem every single time we went to park hop or do re entry because Brandy is allergic to the ink and couldn't have a stamp, five of us with a stamp, one obivous special needs child without it and the CM's would still insist on giving me grief....it may sound silly but to me it will be worth keeping our AP's JUST to never have to deal with that issue again!

bluepearl
03-10-2002, 11:13 PM
MonorailMan: My friend and I like to joke around that we have "AP" stamped on our foreheads! :lol: Well, we probably give off that air of AP anyway. The other night another friend and I went to Innoventions, I got a phone call and had to go off to the side, and the female greeter goes, "I remember you! You were the girl with another person that wanted to know if [insert CM name here] was here." I thought that was so funny! I kind of know that greeter; she's the one I alway say is one of the friendlier Innoventions CMs.