PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Reindeer Roundup?

splashmtngurl
10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
well so this is a new thing to me, never heard of it before (or is it completly new to DL?) anyway we are taking our first trip to Disneyland during the holiday season as a family and im trying to figure out some of the new things we may be able to experience.

I was thinking that it might not be the most thrilling of things to experience at DL but we've been so many times that DL isnt just all about the rides anymore. If anything it should make for some good pictures. But i guess my questions would be this:

When does it open?
What all is there to do?
Is it worth spending some time on?
Are there specific times of opening?

Thanks for the help everyone

With love
Splashmtngurl

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
well so this is a new thing to me, never heard of it before (or is it completly new to DL?) anyway we are taking our first trip to Disneyland during the holiday season as a family and im trying to figure out some of the new things we may be able to experience.

I was thinking that it might not be the most thrilling of things to experience at DL but we've been so many times that DL isnt just all about the rides anymore. If anything it should make for some good pictures. But i guess my questions would be this:

When does it open?
What all is there to do?
Is it worth spending some time on?
Are there specific times of opening?

Thanks for the help everyone

With love
Splashmtngurl

This area opens on Friday, November 11th, the same day "it's a small world holiday" and the snow effect premieres.

This is basically a relocation of Santa from Town Square, next to the large Christmas tree to the Big Thunder Ranch area (most recently the Home on the Range Petting Zoo).

The main reason for the move is really traffic control, and is a SMART move. Three Parades a day and Santa next to the parade route would not be a good mix, also, this allows Santa to be "onstage" for most of the time.

The main feature of the area will be the Meet and Greet with Santa, with a Kodak Photo Op. But they will plus the area, and bring in some Reindeer in the animal pens, instead of cows and horses. Don't expect anything "big" to happen, just a cute little area.

As for the hours of operation, nothing has yet been announced, my guess, mainly daylight hours.

ChipmunkStar
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Also, be on the lookout for an arts and crafts type area with the Mrs. . . .

ChipmunkStar
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Sorry... accidental double post

Disney Vault
10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
This is such a great idea to move Santa for pictures. I will be sure to make a stop there during my trip to check it out.

splashmtngurl
10-25-2005, 05:58 AM
see i never realised that santa appeared at dl...im sure its a good move though because now its out of the way. thanks for posting everyone :D