PDA

View Full Version : California Screamin'

Stupid_American
10-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I did a search and found nothing, so at the risk of giving old news, we were at DCA today and Screamin is up and running.

DangerMouse
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I did a search and found nothing, so at the risk of giving old news, we were at DCA today and Screamin is up and running.

Yep, been up for over a week now. Thanks for the old news. :D ;) :p

splashmtngurl
10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
i love old news ;)

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Today's MousePlanet Disneyland Update addressed the attraction.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr051024.htm

Also, the News Section here at MousePad reported the fact that the ride would open on Firday the 14th the night before (the 13th), as far as I know, this was the first Disney related site to report the news that the OC Register broke.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=37

ToursbabeC3po
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Here is me and my friend Zev stuck on California screamin for about an hour (maybe a little less) On Friday. I finally got the nerve to go on it since it broke down and my luck I was stuck forever! Nice view though :-)
Toursbabe
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/katmeow25/jenzevstuck.jpg

Whittibo
10-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Here is me and my friend Zev stuck on California screamin for about an hour (maybe a little less) On Friday. I finally got the nerve to go on it since it broke down and my luck I was stuck forever! Nice view though :-)
Toursbabe
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/katmeow25/jenzevstuck.jpg

See.. that would be MY luck too. Glad you were ok.. and it wasn't any worse then getting stuck.. but an HOUR. I hope they comp'ed you in some way??

ToursbabeC3po
10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
They did not comp us anything but it was right at park closing because the haloween thing was that night. They should have offered though huh? When I worked attraction I always comped if there was any issue but that was just my style I guess.
Toursbabe

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I think they should have offered something for your lost time..

Since it was close to closing, offering someone with a DCA only ticket a chance to go to Disneyland for the rest of the night.

For those who had ParkHoppers or AP's, a special "Any Ride" FP or two to make up for the long wait being stuck, or maybe a small meal voucher for something like a box of Popcorn or a soda.

disneyhound
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I think they should have offered something for your lost time..

Since it was close to closing, offering someone with a DCA only ticket a chance to go to Disneyland for the rest of the night.

For those who had ParkHoppers or AP's, a special "Any Ride" FP or two to make up for the long wait being stuck, or maybe a small meal voucher for something like a box of Popcorn or a soda.Sounds quite reasonable, I think you, toursbabeC3po, should have hinted towards a CM...

Whittibo
10-24-2005, 06:02 PM
That's just BAD I think. I mean, if I held someone up for almost an HOUR.. I would feel obligated to do SOMETHING for them.

As mentioned, since it was close to closing, they could have done something for another day?? I am just thinking, some of those people whom where stuck, what if it was their last night at DL and there they spent an hour on a stupid stopped ride. I would be so upset and disappointed.. :(

Oh well.. I still say, "at least you were OK".

And BTW, you really are a pretty young lady. I have seen your picture before, but your smile is just adorable! I bet it's contagious too.

Stupid_American
10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I thought by prefacing it as I had I could avoid the anticipated rudeness by the usual suspect(s).
My mistake!

I happen to hit the forums here.
I don't read Mouse Planet like a newspaper.
Is that required?

I hit the park about once a week and today was a rare day that I headed to DCA.
I hadn't read any posts addressing it's reopenning, but I had seen people asking about it on different boards.
I thought I would give a shout.

Is there anyone with whom I can clear future topics so as not to appear an ignorant fool?

Where is that thread about an MP clique?

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
I thought by prefacing it as I had I could avoid the anticipated rudeness by the usual suspect(s).
My mistake!

I happen to hit the forums here.
I don't read Mouse Planet like a newspaper.
Is that required?

I hit the park about once a week and today was a rare day that I headed to DCA.
I hadn't read any posts addressing it's reopenning, but I had seen people asking about it on different boards.
I thought I would give a shout.

Is there anyone with whom I can clear future topics so as not to appear an ignorant fool?

Where is that thread about an MP clique?

No offense, but you did claim you did a search in the Original Post, I just did one...

This came up as the 6th most recent post with "California Screamin" as the search words...

"California Screamin open?"

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49365&highlight=california+screamin%27

My post was to state that it has been discussed here for over a week.

I am not sure what word(s) you used for your search, but the matter was not ignored here at MousePlanet.

You did not sound like a fool, but since you claimed you searched for the info, I felt it needed to be stated that the info has been available here at MousePlanet.

Stupid_American
10-25-2005, 05:52 AM
I was really surprised that I didn't see any results.
I was sure I remembered threads on the subject.

I believe I may have mistakenly searched using the word "screaming".
That might account for the lack of results.

I'm glad you got better results.
But, after posting, I got exactly what I was expecting.
I was hoping for better.

On average, I visit the resort weekly.
I really enjoy Disneyland, but I don't immerse myself in it.
I come here to read other's personal opinions, observations and occasionally share mine.

Whittibo
10-25-2005, 06:39 AM
SA, sorry you felt people were being rude about your post. All in all, you created a thread that DID provide new information.. the fact that it broke down with Toursbabe on it.

Don't let this bother you too much. It happens on EVERY forum. The people who frequent them get bogged down with the same thing every day. I own a diet forum and you wouldn't believe the questions we get all the time.. same thing day after day.. but we try to help each and every person, by pointing them to where they CAN find the info. But my forum is different in that they are asking questions, not posting new info.

I think you just have to brush this off and move on. I have enjoyed the thread, maybe others have too.. don't worry about it.

DangerMouse
10-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Yep, been up for over a week now. Thanks for the old news. :D ;) :p

Darn, I thought I was being cute and funny and completely not rude. Sorry you took offense. I'm sure someone here saw your post and discovered Screamin was open for the first time again. Don't be afraid to post old news, just realize it may be pointed out as just that. :)

ToursbabeC3po
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree with you all they should have offerd something even if it was just a backdoor pass but they didn't. I did not complain about it at guest relations because I was just happy to be off the darn thing LOL. I just remember working at Star Tours and if a guest was stuck in the ride for even 5 mins we did something for them. I was a softy though and would comp everyone for anything.
Whittibo thankyou for the compliment that was very sweet.
Toursbabe

Stupid_American
10-25-2005, 10:21 AM
SA, sorry you felt people were being rude about your post. All in all, you created a thread that DID provide new information.. the fact that it broke down with Toursbabe on it.

Don't let this bother you too much. It happens on EVERY forum. The people who frequent them get bogged down with the same thing every day. I own a diet forum and you wouldn't believe the questions we get all the time.. same thing day after day.. but we try to help each and every person, by pointing them to where they CAN find the info. But my forum is different in that they are asking questions, not posting new info.

I think you just have to brush this off and move on. I have enjoyed the thread, maybe others have too.. don't worry about it.

Darn, I thought I was being cute and funny and completely not rude. Sorry you took offense. I'm sure someone here saw your post and discovered Screamin was open for the first time again. Don't be afraid to post old news, just realize it may be pointed out as just that. :)

Thanks.
I will remove the "s" from "usual suspect(s)"!

"Old" Disney Photos (http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/disneyphotos/)

Whittibo
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM
*GASP* I wasn't a "usual suspect" was I?? *boo hoo* :(

Toursbabe.. oh my, every time I scroll down and see your picture it just makes me smile. I bet you're a blast to be around.. :D

I also think it's nice when they comp you something. Especially when you don't expect it. We were stuck on the Monorail (had the full option of just getting off the silly thing, it couldn't leave the DtD station).. but at the exit on the other side, we were given an option of a fastpass. (they didn't have any we wanted, and didn't use them anyway, but it was REALLY nice). After all, it doesn't cost DL anything to comp you a fastpass. :( It's nicer to be comped then NOT be comped when you should have.

I bet you were a great CM. With your smile and "softness", you probably made everyones day just a little brighter!

Wesley815
10-25-2005, 12:05 PM
On average, I visit the resort weekly.
I really enjoy Disneyland, but I don't immerse myself in it.
I come here to read other's personal opinions, observations and occasionally share mine.And maybe if you
didn't talk like this.
It would be easier to understand
your posts.
Why do you have to
type like this?

:rolleyes:

Osky
10-25-2005, 05:12 PM
While we are rehashing old news, I thought it would be a good idea to remember this thread from when the ride went down:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=45550

In the middle pages we had lots of people complaining about how the ride hadn't been down for extended maintenance for five years. Lots of insinuation that if they had a long rehab, this would not have happened. Well, I feel a little vindicated that the result was caused by a part they just replaced. So much for the, if only they had it down for a long refurbishment, idea.

Stupid_American
10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
And maybe if you
didn't talk like this.
It would be easier to understand
your posts.
Why do you have to
type like this?

:rolleyes:

Actually,
I
Don't type
like this.

if you chose to criticize my writing style, at least mimic it correctly. i type like i do because it breaks up the sentences, actually making easier to read for some. i could type everything together, forget capitols, and while i am at it, who needs punctuation i don't we could probably do without it but i am not sure what do you think let me know if it would help if i write REAL BIG or maybe S-P-E-L-L- it out but thanks for your input i will try to do better

Don't read too much into my handle.

Wesley815
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
if you chose to criticize my writing style, at least mimic it correctly. i type like i do because it breaks up the sentences, actually making easier to read for some. i could type everything together, forget capitols, and while i am at it, who needs punctuation i don't we could probably do without it but i am not sure what do you think let me know if it would help if i write REAL BIG or maybe S-P-E-L-L- it out but thanks for your input i will try to do better.Thanks! That's a lot better. :)

Now back on topic... (even though it's old news and everyone knows already). :fez:

Leli
10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
I was just there on Friday and someone getting off the ride started complaining to a CM about how the music wasn't working. They got into a pretty heated argument with the CM being left very disgruntled.

ToursbabeC3po
10-25-2005, 10:30 PM
And I am sure the guest that was rude got a backdoor pass!!! It always seems to work that way.
If you click on my myspace down below there are more pictures of us stuck on the ride down towards the bottom of my profile.
Toursbabe