PDA

View Full Version : AP Perks?

kaybee2
10-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone - it's been too long since I've been here - every time I check out the boards, I Jones for DL too much!

DH and I are looking at taking the kiddos to DL next month. I'm doing the math and seeing that for a little more than 2 trips, we could get APs and go whenever we wanted.

In order to sell this to DH, can someone tell me (or point me to where I can find) what additional perks there are to being an APer? The website for DL is pretty vague.

Many thanks!
Karen

Nancy
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
The total pleasure of being at the Happiest Place on Earth is enough for me!!! (However this is not enough for my husband.) Tell your DH that this is the time to spend with the kids and those years can't be recaptured. The wonderful memories (and pictures!!) that you will have to talk about when the kids get older is priceless too!!! JUST DO IT!!!!:)

P. S. there is a page at disney.com (under annual passes too I believe) that has the discounts, etc. for having the AP's. (including DTD too)

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 06:07 PM
MouseSavers.com does a good job in describing them...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#annual

Disneyland Annual Passholders get meal discounts at Disneyland Resort. Unless otherwise specified, discounts apply to the Passholder and the Passholder's dining party. Not valid at outdoor cart locations, snack locations, Club 33, Napa Rose, and Room Service locations. Dining discounts are not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions and exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity.

Southern California Select Passport, Southern California Annual Passport and Deluxe Annual Passport holders get 10% off meals at virtually all dining locations, including most Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotel restaurants, as well as Downtown Disney restaurants.

Premium Annual Passholders get 15% off meals at virtually all dining locations in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotels, and 10% off at most Downtown Disney restaurants.

Southern California Select Passport, Southern California Annual Passport and Deluxe Annual Passport holders get 10% off merchandise at most Downtown Disney shops, except World of Disney and Marceline's Confectionery.

Premium Annual Passport holders get 10% off merchandise at most shops in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotels as well as Downtown Disney shops, including World of Disney and Marceline's Confectionery.

Also, all AP holders can get special rates, when offered, at the three Disney owned hotels. And AP holders also get a discount at the Howard Johnson's on Harbor.

Premium AP holders get free parking (other AP holders can pay $49 for the feature).

Ocassionally, they do have some limited time AP offers and specials, and mail out a newsletter a few times a year (no set schedule).

But the best play is to buy a ParkHopper for your first visit, so you can get the Early Entry, and not have to worry about Blockout dates, then upgrade to an AP before you leave.

SCUBAbe
10-24-2005, 06:09 PM
compared to the sea world perks...not much...LOL...the privlige to go to the park...and spend money...LOL

Darkbeer
10-24-2005, 06:09 PM
P. S. there is a page at disney.com (under annual passes too I believe) that has the discounts, etc. for having the AP's. (including DTD too)

Alas, the list of Discounts at Disneyland.com is behind the password protected AP section. Potential AP purchasers cannot check out the list at Disneyland.com :mad:

I think it is just stupid, heck, they used to also list the Blockout dates behind the "wall", but enough people complained, and they did move that info for public viewing.

Nancy
10-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Alas, the list of Discounts at Disneyland.com is behind the password protected AP section. Potential AP purchasers cannot check out the list at Disneyland.com :mad:

I think it is just stupid, heck, they used to also list the Blockout dates behind the "wall", but enough people complained, and they did move that info for public viewing.

They must consider AP's to be a secret club!!!! Hope I can remember the handshake.:)

IndySpacePirate
10-25-2005, 08:57 AM
10% off (or something like that) on some restaurants in DL (like Redd Rockets)!!

Darkbeer
10-25-2005, 09:04 AM
10% off (or something like that) on some restaurants in DL (like Redd Rockets)!!

They actually changed the AP discounts, starting in early September for the in-park discounts, and a week or so ago for the Downtown Disney discounts.

The amount of food discounts has greatly expanded, and now almost every location gives a discount to AP holders, Premium AP's get 15%, all other AP's get 10%.

Also, now in Downtown Disney, ALL AP's get 10% pretty much everywhere in DtD, but there are a few exceptions.

The nice thing, it makes the system a lot easier to understand :fez:

nickbrown2k2
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
The new system is much better over the old, complicated one.

In fact, my cousin, brother and I were at DCA and used our APs for a discount. The lady in front of us said, "We get a discount! No one told ME!" She acted pretty angry for something that she should have looked up!

Guess it pays to actually use the MousePad forums and not get all huffy when you aren't informed!

IndySpacePirate
10-25-2005, 10:57 AM

I've created a PDF file that contains all the AP discounts in DL, DCA, and DTD if anyone needs it. Like Darkbeer said, these discounts are unfortunately behind the "wall" and not accessible to people without an AP so I logged in myself and took the info. from the webpage (just converted the discount's html page to a pdf file). I hope it helps!

Here it is ---> www.dillonbrown.com/APDiscounts.pdf

annieb727
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
you know what's funny...DL city hall doesn't even have the updated information -- we went to complain that Club Buzz wouldn't give us an AP discount -- and they handed us an old sheet that had the OLD AP information...we had to run over to the Annual Pass Center and get the updated sheet. dh ran one over to the city hall to let them know their info was WRONG

Nancy
10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
you know what's funny...DL city hall doesn't even have the updated information -- we went to complain that Club Buzz wouldn't give us an AP discount -- and they handed us an old sheet that had the OLD AP information...we had to run over to the Annual Pass Center and get the updated sheet. dh ran one over to the city hall to let them know their info was WRONG

So it may be a good idea to have a copy of the places that honor the discount when one is trying to get the discount???:)

jennia
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Don't forget that right now there is a $$ off coupon with a Coke purchase for So Cal residents. I bought the coke but haven't opened the box yet but I think it is a $10/ 20 off of AP deal. :D

Another AP perk is being able to buy a parking pass. LOTS cheaper than paying for parking at each visit.

Pirate Princess
10-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Don't forget that right now there is a $$ off coupon with a Coke purchase for So Cal residents.

I know you said you bought the box, but to all those buying the 2 liter BE CAREFUL!!! The coupon is partially under the part with the glue.. so we will be presenting a few pieces of the coupon to the main entrance. :eek: Luckily there is no barcode on the coupon since there would be no way to scan that mess.
(Use a razor blade!!!)

kaybee2
10-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks to everyone for the very helpful information. I am now working on convincing DH of the Annual Pass benefits; we live in Northern CA so we can't take advantage of the So Cal discounts. Seems like a great deal if we make a few trips in the next 12 months!
Thanks again,
Karen

MsYumiBr
10-26-2005, 11:21 AM
They have "secret" surprises every once in a while too. We have premium passes and don't keep up with the newsletters so we went to breakfast at the Plaza Pavillion and to our surprise were given a special pin, very nice one I might add. Then we had lunch at one of the restaurants, Carnation, and got another! It was for buying more than $50 at a restaurant and having premium APs during September, I think. So, stuff like that happens and makes the day that much nicer, especially after shelling out almost $2k for all the passes.

leotatoombs
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
AP perks? well my favorite perk is being able to visit DL on a whim!!! you never know when I'l crack! lol :D some times I really need to get away from it all somehow! I NEVER, leave home without it!:D