PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand (Fireworks/seating)

potterphreak
10-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I just don't "get" where the best spot is for watching the new fireworks. I know y'all say in the hub or in front of the castle (or is that the same place? LOL) but I don't get it. Do I just sit on the ground in front of the castle (where the picture people take your picture) for several hours and worry about people tromping on me?? I sooooo don't get it. Does anyone have a picture of EXACTLY where they sat or anything? Don't mean to be so dense, but I just don't get it.

LOL I must sound like a complete idiot! Sorry for that! As usual, any and all help is oh-so-greatly appreciated!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

got2travel
10-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't have a picture, but basically where you're thinking of is correct. Plop down in front of the caste and wait. I think it's roped off after the evening parade. But anywhere in that area, as long as you can see the castle and the matterhorn you'll have a good view.

Disney4Me
10-24-2005, 01:43 PM
I just don't "get" where the best spot is for watching the new fireworks. I know y'all say in the hub or in front of the castle (or is that the same place? LOL) but I don't get it. Do I just sit on the ground in front of the castle (where the picture people take your picture) for several hours and worry about people tromping on me?? I sooooo don't get it. Does anyone have a picture of EXACTLY where they sat or anything? Don't mean to be so dense, but I just don't get it.

LOL I must sound like a complete idiot! Sorry for that! As usual, any and all help is oh-so-greatly appreciated!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

When we were just there and others can probably tell you better.....we sat/stood in the hub. Not directly where they take your picture. That is sort of up close to the castle on what some people may consider the sidewalk or entrance to the castle. Some people did lay out blankets and all sorts of junk and one lady even had her baby laying out and her back to him/her. It is dark and I would have stepped on the baby had I not have been paying extreme attention. I did stop and mention to her that I almost stepped on her baby in hopes she would pick it up.

We ended up on the right hand side near the entrance to Tomorrowland. We were able to see everything quite well. I think we could have seen from a lot of places though. We did not stake out a spot.

mi_mous
10-24-2005, 01:58 PM
I have always staked out a place on the sidewalk across from the castle (where the horses will drop you off if you ride them.) Before, you could sit down, now you can only sit while you are waiting, and then you have to stand for the show. If you want to sit, find that compass like star that is in front of the castle (on the ground) that says "When you wish upon a star your dreams come true." That is where you can sit down to watch the fireworks. (Next time I am there, that is where I will be staking out a place, even if it is forever long.)
as got2travel put it, as long as you have a good view of the castle, and the matterhorn, you'll be fine, and see everything.

hlbtimes2
10-24-2005, 02:19 PM
When we were there last weekend we sat on the ground, on the little walk way that goes from the side walk toward the partners statue. It was between the two short fences that protect the grass. There are benches on each side that face each other. We got there around 7 and spread out a couple towels for our party to sit on. By 7, the area was already getting pretty full. The is a bench that runs around the partners statue. The people on the bench got there around 5-5:30.

So go early, and bring something to sit on!