PDA

View Full Version : Residence Inn

WendyT
03-10-2002, 08:37 AM
Anybody have an opinion on the Residence Inn for a party of 6?
We are traveling in May with our family of two adults and four children. :cool:

MammaSilva
03-10-2002, 09:25 AM
I haven't stayed there since '92 but at that time it was a nice hotel, regular cont. free breakfast and a van that shuttled you back and forth to the park, you could walk it but it would be a hike depending on the age/health of your group. Our room had a full kitchen and they offered a grocery shopping service ..we had a car so we just went to the food 4 less on our own, having snacks in the room saved a bunch .....

tjrj
03-10-2002, 01:10 PM
I haven't stayed at this particular RI but I've stayed a several others-and I really enjoy them. The buffets-both for breakfast and evening are clean, fresh and yummy. In the evening there is adult beverages(and water and sodas) complimentary-along with appetizers-sometimes it's enough for a light dinner. The pool is clean and warm. But what I really like are the room set ups. Most of the time, we get the 2 bedroom set up-with the living room in the middle. The bedrooms have 2 queens each and then the sofa in the living room folds out. Plenty of room for everyone to spread out and have their own space. Videos available on property to rent and a fully equipped kitchen. Wonderful! I have also seen on this board that this particular RI goes for very reasonable rates on priceline-be sure to check it out.

jslivinski
04-01-2002, 12:34 PM
We usually stay at the Residence Inn in Orange. It is about a 10 minute drive, but is alot cheaper than the one in Anahiem. We love them and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

PinkFloyd
04-02-2002, 12:41 PM
I have stayed at this particular property and enjoyed it very much. The breakfast is nice with muffins, waffles, donuts, fruit etc. The rooms are of a nice size with a queen bed and pull out couch. The walk to Dland seems fine in the morning and takes about 10 min. Like other's have noted, the walk back does seem long and a shuttle is available. We obtained our room through priceling and got a great deal for $35 a night in the off season.

lisap
04-02-2002, 12:55 PM
We've been to that one as well. Very nice, lots of little extras like VCRs in the rooms, fireplaces, and a free shuttle. It beats the Hilton for space and amenities. It's our favorite place next to staying at the Grand Ca. ;) (and they don't have kitchenettes!!)

WendyT
04-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Thank you so much for all of your opinions. We decided to go with the Penthouse room at the Res Inn- It has an upstairs loft bedroom and bathroom, a downstairs bedroom with bath, a sofa bed in the living area and full kitchen. We thought with the 4 kids that we would like to not be slammed in a tiny room.
The breakfast is a great addition to the whole deal. We are looking forward to having a great time!
:D