PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Christmas Day?

arielova
10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking about doing one or both of the parks on Christmas day. Anyone know what to expect in terms of crowds? I'd think it wouldn't be busy, being such a large holiday, but I may be wrong. Help please. :confused:

TDBearGrrl
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
You are wrong, very very wrong. My experience has been wall to wall people. Wall to wall cranky people. We have gone on Christmas Day and the day after (two different years) before we were passholders. If we were to go this year, it would be just to be there. Ride the train, camp out for fireworks, I don't know that we would attempt any attractions...

A specific example of the insanity comes to mind. We were waiting for the parade. We were sitting on/near a curb. It was 6 people deep and about 50 people wide sitting, about 10 deep standing behind the seated. A group with two ATV-type strollers tried go right through the MIDDLE!!! The mom pushing one of the strollers kept saying 'sorry, she really wants to see the parade'. "She" was a sleeping six month old...

10-24-2005, 10:49 AM
But think of the sales on holiday items!

arielova
10-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Woof!!! Thanks guys. :)

tod
10-24-2005, 12:23 PM
It's a lot more crowded than you would think. I used to work there and it amazed me how many people would go. Sometimes I go and I'm still amazed.

You want uncrowded? Go a couple of days before Christmas.

--t

Stupid_American
10-24-2005, 04:12 PM
The most crowded day I have spent at Disneyland was Christmas day in the rain.

theprincesses
10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
My husband took me on Christmas day one year. It took at least an hour to get on the tram. When we got near the entrance the gal on the back of the tram said "Good Luck" and when we turned the corner it was wall to wall people just trying to buy tickets. This was at noon. Needless to say we stayed on the tram and went right back to our car.
The following year we went about 3 days before Christmas and I decided never again. I have gone in early December for and it is much less crowded.

SCUBAbe
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
it's one of the MOST crowded days at the park....we went on 12/27 one year and it was STILL insanely crowded. IASWH had a 4 hour wait. Moving through the park was being smashed shoulder to shoulderwith people all day and moving at a snails pace. We could not even see the ground...just waves of bodies moving. We were there from opening until closing and only got on 4 rides. It was horrible.

riley
10-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Is there any decline in crowds between christmas and new year's? we're thinking about wed/thurs after christmas...

potzbie
10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Is there any decline in crowds between christmas and new year's? we're thinking about wed/thurs after christmas...

No decline.
100% of the schools are out.
100% of the local aerospace companies take that span of days off (25th thru 1st).

Everyone with a vacation day left will use one of them that one week.
Everyone has the same idea.

The good news is that DL has all the entertainments lined up and full blast.
The DICKENS SINGERS are added to the Main Street entertainment.
The Top 40 bands are full blast at Club Buzz.
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have their show modified to be a "Christmas Spec-tac-u-lar."

potzbie
10-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry for the oversight ...

Please add:
EVERYONE HERE FOR THE ROSE PARADE AND ROSE BOWL will make sure to tack on a side trip down to Anaheim to visit Disneyland -- for the first time.

That is why Christmas time is a hopeless situation for visiting Disneyland Park without crowds.
:(
The good news:
DCA should be empty as usual.
:rolleyes:

audibleatom
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
The good news:
DCA should be empty as usual.
:rolleyes:

LOL:D

rentayenta
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Last year we were at the DLR from Dec. 19-26. The days leading up to Christmas, including Christmas Eve were heavenly; lots of people but not packed and tons of holiday cheer. Christmas Day and the 26th- very crowded. Luckily we had done it all by then so it wasn't a biggie but everything from Goofy's Kitchen to DTD to Main St. was a zoo.

And lots of stuff was on sale the 23rd! :D

gothemi
10-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Plan ahead and make reservations to what you can. That is my plan for this year. I have ridden everything I wanted to ride during my last trip. I am really just looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the holiday sprit. The rides are almost secondary this time around...for me anyways. I have been practicing my patience just in case.

ILovePoker
10-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking about doing one or both of the parks on Christmas day. Anyone know what to expect in terms of crowds? I'd think it wouldn't be busy, being such a large holiday, but I may be wrong. Help please. :confused:
You are right, the park will be very dead, even Splash Mountain is a walk on.