PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Blues

meagee
10-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I was the person who threw up a few weeks ago (all over myself) and so only got a half-day at DL. We had actually been to DL a few weeks before that and I had also gotten sick and we were not able to return in the pm. Now we live in NorCal and when I get the DL bug, we leave either Friday evening or very early Saturday morning and spend Saturday at the park and then return to NorCal on Sunday. It makes for a very full weekend.

So we went again this past weekend. Spent the morning and early afternoon at the park and loaded up on fast passes to use in the evening (don't even go there, cause I'm gonna do it anyway). This time, however, I did not get sick. My husband LOST THE TICKETS just before we were going to go back. We were sick with frustration. My husband felt so bad - poor guy. But we made the best of it and went back on Sunday so that he could give back the ECV key (lost the $20 return) and get another annual pass (another $20). I am planning a short trip again in December for the holiday decorations. Hope we can actually make a full day then.

DianeM
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry you had such a rough trip. My husband and I use the Mickey clips to keep our tickets/annual passes. They are just little mickey heads with clear plastic envelopes attached to them with a string. They are great clips - they grab onto anything, and hold on quite well. No pockets, no risk of losing the tickets. You can get them for about $6 at the park.

I live in NorCal, too, but I don't think I'd want to go a marathon DL trip. My husband and I are planning on going back in the spring, though.

Also, if your hand if stamped, you can sometimes get back into the park without your tickets. My mother did it. She was going back to the hotel, and we were going to meet here there and then she would go back to the park with my nephew to watch the fireworks. When she saw the lines, she decided to go straight in, but she didn't have their tickets (I did). She talked them into letting her in based on a faded hand stamp (they had to bring in a special machine to read it). Of course, this is more likely to work if you are an elderly woman with a very young boy about to miss his first Disney fireworks show. ;-)