PDA

View Full Version : DLR: Massive Attraction Difficulties on Sat. 10

Techie7
03-09-2002, 11:44 PM
I was at the park all day on Sunday and found that in addition to the sched. closed attractions, (Splash, Space, and Pirates) many other attractions were having difficulties. The matterhorn closed more then once, and at one point both Indy and Big Thunder were both closed as well. These attractions were down for more then two hours. It was very strange to see so much of the park shut down. I felt bad for the CM's who were having to explain to angry guests that MORE attractions were closed.

Side note: HM was still having problems with the elevator door closing.

I hope they begin to see that putting off preventative maint. is not cost effective in the end. Having 5-6 "E-tickets" down at one time is not a good way to gain support from guests. Other then this I still had a great day in the park with a few friends who had not been to the park on a few years and had never seen the fireworks and other "fun areas" of the park.

Nigel2
03-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah that is bad when there isn't much to do and you had to pay to get in... btw did you mean saturday the 9th or sunday the 10th which is technically impossible since it just became sunday a little while ago.:)

Techie7
03-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Oops I meant the 9th (March). I wrote it when I got home and it was the 10th. I changed the day just not the date. Sorry.

MonorailMan
03-10-2002, 09:03 AM
I think If Anyone would have paid for a 1 day they would have been very dissapointed.

HBTiggerFan
03-10-2002, 09:41 AM
I heard lots of disappointed people yesterday complaining that everything good was closed. (besides rehabed...Indy broke down earlier in the day, Haunted was having issues..maybe a upset ghost??) All the lines were at least 30 minutes long, most were longer. I hope those people went to City Hall and complained too. IT was baaaad. And on top of it my friend lost her wallet thingie and all her $$ and credit cards and ID was in it. She went to lost and found, and filed a report, and they did find it after closing, minus the cash. Good thing too since she has to get on a plane to get home on Friday.

HTHBellcaptain
03-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Techie7

I hope they begin to see that putting off preventative maint. is not cost effective in the end. Having 5-6 "E-tickets" down at one time is not a good way to gain support from guests.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

bluepearl
03-10-2002, 12:07 PM
I never usually go on Saturdays, but since I had a shift that night and had to get some stuff done, I actually went. When I was going into DCA, I heard a guest comment that Disneyland was packed. I imagined it so, and I had no intention of going to Disneyland. I would've been gravely disappointed to learn that all those rides were closed and had problems!

I went on Haunted Mansion...I think it was last Sunday or Wednesday and it took a few minutes for the elevator to close. Thought it was strange.

Ace
03-10-2002, 04:25 PM
well, at least Innoventions was open, right? High quality stuff.

MonorailMan
03-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Techie7

Side note: HM was still having problems with the elevator door closing.

One had it where someone stuck gum on the senser so it wouldn't close. The HM was to old for the new censer systems where if something is in the door for a long time, it ignores it.

MonorailMan
03-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
well, at least Innoventions was open, right? High quality stuff.

Man, what have you been smokin'? :D

No Innoventions is fairly good, I like Tom Morrow. :)

Ace
03-10-2002, 07:46 PM
No Innoventions is fairly good, I like Tom Morrow.

really? all I can think of when I see him is ANGER.

awinner
03-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I was at the park on 3/9...it was packed...it was deaf awarness day...none of the rides i went on had problems...the lines were so long because so many other rides are shut down.

Uncle Dick
03-11-2002, 01:27 AM
Oh yeah, Saturday was awful. I spent most of the day back in TDA for orientation, but we did have to venture out into the park for a brief tour. Fighting crowds is not a good way to get orientated.... :( The line for the Matterhorn took up the entire front queue area and stretched back around the Tomorrowland side of the mountain (it looked like the good ol' days). Alice in Wonderland stretched back to the Fantasyland bathrooms and people were everywhere. Alas....

MactechCM
03-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Yes, yes it was bad. I worked was working Indy and we were already down when I started my shift in the afternoon. We finally went back up around 9:00pm. I can sympathize with everyone who paid full admission for the amount of attractions down that day, but sometimes it tries your patience when people are venting thier anger at the park upon you. I understand that they are upset, and try to do my best to either turn it into a positive situation, or rectify it in some small way, but some of the other CM's we had out there that night were just starting to get downright rude. Part of it is the fastpass vs attraction buisness model - the ones who work Indy were generally positive and being real nice. The ones on fastpass who have no vested interest in the ride were the ones being rude.

my $.02

Techie7
03-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Do you know what was wrong with Indy that kept it down for so long?

MactechCM
03-11-2002, 10:48 AM
I could tell you, but I would then have to erase your memory.

Let's just say that hydraulic fluid and traction don't go together.

ishkabibble
03-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Bummer about your Saturday.

Sunday was okay- strangely un-crowded for a Sunday... no big problems, Autopia was down for about an hour in the afternoon (but, hey! plenty other TL attractions, eh?) scaffolding has reached the top of splash, tarp still on the top of mansion. Oddly, the right side entrance tunnel plaque missing…

MonorailMan
03-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by MactechCM
I could tell you, but I would then have to erase your memory.

Let's just say that hydraulic fluid and traction don't go together.

Just think f the old wil west movies where they put oil on the tracks to make the train wheels spin. :)

Hyperboy
03-11-2002, 03:21 PM
The same thing happened Saturday Mar 2 -- the park seemed packed because everything was broken all at once.

I was there for 5 hours last Sunday and went on ONE ride.
Here's what was closed:
Splash Mtn
Thunder Mtn
Space Mtn
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Indy

And when we got exasperated and went to the other park,
Screamin, Soarin, Grizzly, and Limo were all down. (yes, we even got so bored we went to check out Limo).

Finally the Mansion re-opened and we went on that! Good thing I have an AP or I would have been mighty POed!