PDA

View Full Version : What's going on the first week in December

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know what is going on the first week in December?

This is the first year I have been unable to book a DLR hotel, they are all BOOKED SOLID, and the surrounding hotels are either booked or going at a premium rate. There doesn't appear to be any conventions and call me naive but I find it hard to believe that so many people are taking off for midweek DL excursions.

Was going to move things back a week but the hotels are totally sold out of rooms at the AP rate for the last week in November.

splashmtngurl
10-23-2005, 08:13 PM
IM GOING TO DL?!?!? does that count? lol no im also interested in knowing whats going on that week. Any ideas?

Pirate Princess
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Maybe spillover from the Candlelight?

The second week in Dec. the GCH is booked solid and neighbor hotels are at premium too! (Some of that week is due to the Basketball tourneys)

Disney Village
10-23-2005, 08:19 PM
The Candlelight Processional is held the first week of Dec (12/3 and 12/4). Its very popular, but I wouldn't think it would cause the DL Resort Hotels and surrounding area hotels to be booked solid.

In addition to the above event, I'm guessing there are some conventions and large groups in town, along with the 50th festivities are causing everything to be that much busier.

Matterhornman18
10-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I think we can blame this on the fact that hotels havent really slowed down as much as usual because of the 50th so they are not interested in lowering their prices (makes sense..:eek: ) As far as prices go..and again back to attendence not only is it hte 50th but like someone else mentioned, its that no good candle light deal!! :~D ..And yes, I too, am going the first week of Dec, as usual for my family..so I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

tlovesdis
10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
I think it's the 50th! All three DL Hotels were pretty much sold out completely in October too. We were there from the 15th - 18th and it was crazy busy for that time of the year!

rentayenta
10-23-2005, 08:39 PM
The second week there is a mental health/counseling conference.

Pirate Princess
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
The second week there is a mental health/counseling conference.
HUH??? I thought it was the Basketball players...

rentayenta
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
HUH??? I thought it was the Basketball players...

Maybe both but I know about the conference through graduate school. I am going to meet a few of my peers for a day at DL while they are in town.

Pirate Princess
10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
NO NO NO!!! All of you stay away! :~D

Actually, I am more worried about the high school basketball players... high school boys freak me out... or is it.. make me want to make out? (Kidding)

Disney Village
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe its basketball players in need of mental help and counseling?:fez:

Pirate Princess
10-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Maybe its basketball players in need of mental help and counseling?:fez:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
I checked the anaheim convention website and there are no conventions listed. The second week in December the neighboring hotels are half the price and the DL hotels (excluding the grand) are not sold out. Weird.....

splashmtngurl
10-24-2005, 03:50 PM
wow this is all a big shock to me....i thought we were going in the off season. I guess there really never is a off season huh? oh well what can i expect, 50th anniversery and all. we are actually going december 6th so its late in that first week...i just really hope our whole trip isnt changed because of corwds :(

tlovesdis
10-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Normally there is a few off-seasons, but I think the 50th has changed all that! I know a lot of people who go every year in October and they could not believe how crazy it was this year. I suspect December is going to be nuts!