PDA

View Full Version : NEW Lighting Effect inside Big Thunder Mountain

Mickey
10-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I noticed something different this Saturday on Big Thunder Mountain, on the FIRST hill, where the water comes out before train starts running, there is a new light effect in the cave that looks pretty cool!
im pretty sure it wasn't there befor...
Anyone noticed it?
If not check it out it's the FIRST HILL on the way top inside the cave. ;)

ferliemom
10-23-2005, 05:30 PM
That's so funny-- I noticed it too and figured I had just never seen it before!
???
Is it really new?

Dexter
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I noticed something different this Saturday on Big Thunder Mountain, on the FIRST hill, where the water comes out before train starts running, there is a new light effect in the cave that looks pretty cool!
im pretty sure it wasn't there befor...
Anyone noticed it?
If not check it out it's the FIRST HILL on the way top inside the cave. ;)

Can you be more specific?

Is there a light now installed ontop of the waterfall? Or are you referring to the drops of water to the left of the lift hill that change color? What is it that we're looking at/for?

percytheguineapig
10-23-2005, 08:55 PM
My 4-year old and I were there Thursday night and noticed it too. It looks like water reflecting on the cieling, where you would normally go "through" the waterfall. Now when we went through, there was no waterfall - just the lighting effect on the cieling. I don't know if they're replacing the waterfall with the water reflection, or if they're planning on enhancing the waterfall?

Anyways, at leat my 4-year old liked it enough to ride it twice in a row.

Disneyfreak
10-23-2005, 11:20 PM
It has been there since the ride came back from the accident.

Dexter
10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
cool beans, I don't specifically remember that effect, but I don't ride Big Thunder that often. I'll have to check it out on my next trip, thanks for the info! The only effect I remember is the color changing water to the left of the lift, I saw that the first time I rode it as a kid and thought it was pretty cool.

Noah
10-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I noticed that the waterfall has been off the past few times I was at the park. Someone said it has been this way since the accident. Is this true? Is the waterfall no longer going to be on inside the thunder mountain?

Leli
10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
I've been going a lot recently and last night was the first night I noticed the new lighting effects. When I went about two weeks ago the waterfall was on and there was no lighting. Both times I went at night when there were no lines.

got2travel
10-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I've riden since the accident and the water has always been falling. I'll be there this Thursday and I'll be checking it out to see what's up.