PDA

View Full Version : snow question

ferliemom
10-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi All,

Where did you find the snow info on the Dland website?

Does the snow fall everynight?

Can you tell me what time, and where? Is it only Main Street?

Thanks!
:)

SCUBAbe
10-23-2005, 09:36 AM
it used to fall after holiday fireworks and the last time I went they blew down globs of sticky bubbles....not snow liek at all. They first time I went it was more snow like and very pretty...:)

Wendi
10-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Snow will start to fall November 11th. I think I read here that it would be daily after that weekend, but I'm not sure.

disneyhound
10-23-2005, 09:54 AM
...the last time I went they blew down globs of sticky bubbles...

That description seems to lack any Disney Magic... :crying:

Darkbeer
10-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Fireworks will be nightly from November 11th thru January 1st

9:25 PM when the park closes at 10 PM or later

7:45 PM when the park closes at 8 PM

5:45 PM on December 5th and 6th, when the park closes at 6 PM for CM holiday parties.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49026

Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary entertainment includes the all-new nightly fireworks spectacular, “Remember… Dreams Come True,” the most elaborate pyrotechnics display in Disneyland history featuring an amazing new flight path for Tinker Bell. During the holidays, “Remember” will conclude with a stirring rendition of “White Christmas” as a magical snowfall gently flutters down on Main Street, U.S.A., Small World Mall and New Orleans Square.

mi_mous
10-23-2005, 12:18 PM
The snow won't start till November 18th, though the fireworks will be daily starting on the 11th.

MauiMickey
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
The snow won't start till November 18th, though the fireworks will be daily starting on the 11th.

Where did you find this information? I was really hoping to see the snow on our trip this year (as we have seen in the past). :(

Darkbeer
10-23-2005, 12:47 PM
The Christmas PARADE starts November 18th, but the snow effect will start November 11th, the same day that "it's a small world holiday" and the Santa's Reindeer Round-up open.

MauiMickey
10-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Darkbeer. That's what I thought would happen, as that is how things have worked in the past.

mi_mous
10-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Where did you find this information? I was really hoping to see the snow on our trip this year (as we have seen in the past). :(

Sorry, I thought that the whole Christmas celebration, along with the snow would start on the 18th.. seemed to fit in my book, but if it starts earlier, even better!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I have only seen the snow once. Last year. I thought it seemed very realistic and was a great experience. Even though the boys are use to real snow, they thought it was so cool to have snow at Disneyland. I believe it was Darkbeer who suggested standing in front of Penny Arcade on Main Street. GREAT spot to see Believe fireworks, other than we should have been on the Tomorrowland side, we had a tree in our way for part of it. This year since they are coming after Remember, I would recommend getting a spot right in front of the castle.