PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Theatre...What's Up?

GoldenEars
03-09-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi Gang~

I haven't been to the Parks in ages, so I'm depending on you and your wisdom (LOL) to answer a simple question. Does anyone know what Disney is going to do at the Fantasyland Theatre? A friend of mine was there towards the beginning of February and he said they still had the *Minnie's Christmas Party* stage still set up...what's up with that?

Anyway, I'll be at the Parks on Friday, March 15th, being a tour guide for a close family member from out of town. Thanks for any help you can give!!

Patrick :D

Lost Boy
03-09-2002, 06:45 PM
They had a State Cheerleading Competition there last weekend. Cheerleaders running all over the Park. After that, who knows. From what I have heard, Live Stage Shows are a thing of the past until attendance goes up again. Pressler just doesn't want to spend the money on people doing stage shows. No revenue to be made there!:crying:

GoldenEars
03-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Well, that sucks! When are we getting rid of Paul Pressler, LOL! They have got to have something at the theatre by Spring Break or at the very latest, by summer. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Patrick

justagrrl
03-10-2002, 06:14 AM
About a 2 weeks ago - as we were on the train and it was pulling into the toon town station, it looked like they were setting up a new set? There was some patriotic decorations inside... a giant flag I think, in the background.

Disneyspoon
03-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Well hello everyone. The patriotic stuff was for the chearleading competition. Don't worry though a new fantasyland theatre show will start in about a month.

GoldenEars
03-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks, DisneySpoon!! Do you think they'll do a new show, like *Minnie's Christmas Party* (of course, without the Christmas theme to it, LOL!!) Or perhaps put in a much larger scale show, either *Animazement* or something new?

My guess is that it'll be a scaled down show, nothing fancy but, it could still be cute. My suggestion, bring back the Disney classic,
*DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND* stage show!!:D

Hey now, I can dream...that's what Disney is all about, LOL!!

Thanks~
Patrick

Rallymonkey23
03-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
They had a State Cheerleading Competition there last weekend. Cheerleaders running all over the Park.

Thats funny. We went to Six Flags Magic Mountain last weekend and they had some kind of cheerleading competition there too!!

Mouse
03-11-2002, 01:35 PM
:o Ah the Cheerleaders...

Yes...and they run around (although not so much because it is restricted) backstage as well. Thank you, I had enough cheerleaders in High School. Plus you should hear their mothers! There was a mobile dressing room backstage and a mom opened the door to encourage her daughter to hurry up. The girl protested to the open door and the mother turned and looked around to see if there were any spectators. Being the only man in the area the lady demanded the Guest Talent rep standing about 50 feet away (at the edge of the guest area, who's job it was to keep people from wandering off) to turn around. I hope he didn't get more of the same from other mothers/cheerleaders I felt so sorry for that guy, he stood in about the same spot for the entire day both weekends.

The show at FL theatre is starting rehearsals soon. There is a thread on this from a few months ago. The name of the show is now "Mickey's Detective School." The story sounds cute; Pluto is lost/kidnapped and Mickey (Mick Trusty) must find who doneit.

Although rehearsals are around the corner I have no idea what the opening day will be.