PDA

View Full Version : OK, I have unrelated questions!

mi_mous
10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't know if a thread like this has been started, sorry if it has and I am repeating, I am kinda new to the board... (my questions are totally unrelated to each other as well... silly me!)

The questions are...

1. We will be at Disneyland for 4 days. I am looking for cheaper restaurant opitions, besides fast food, and there are only 2 on the reviews. I will definitely take our group to Mimis one of the nights. Joes is out, since my husband can't eat Seafood, and I am not too terribly fond of it either. We will probably do rainforest cafe as well... so here is my question. Are Mimis and Joes the only things around?? What else would be good to go to? I have 2 days to fill with places to eat, and don't know where to go. Any suggestions?
(I would prefer not doing repeats on those 2 days.. I think we would be sick of Mimis.. but I guess it is doable.)

2. I have recently fallen in love with the Nightmare before Christmas. I have especially fallen in love with the scary teddy that they have in the movie. I was there on Friday, and I was looking to see if they had any scary teddy plush.. but they only had the little beanie size. I didn't really like that one.
Is there anywhere that you can get a regular (Mickey Mouse plush sized) scary teddy? ( I think I saw someone had one as their picture.. but I haven't seen that post again, and don't know where to find it.) Is eBay my only option now??

3. My mom says that she knows someone who can get us into club 33 for my anniversary this year.. YAY!! (My husband has been dying to get in to see what it is like!)
She talked with him, and he said that we would have to pay $50 at will call to get our tickets to get in. Is that per person, and do you have to pay to make reservations? Can't I just get a block out pass with my AP for only $30 instead, and still go in to our reservations? I thought if you had reservations, that was your ticket into the park?? If anyone knows, please let me know!!

I figured that someone would know some anwers to these questions.

bassett1976
10-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I cannot answer #2 or #3 but here is my info for #1. Joe's Crab Shack does have things other than seafood. I usually get steak. If you want to go to another place for steak, they have a Outback right next door to Joes. If your not interested in this you can always head south on Harbor and you'll find a few places before getting to Joes/Outback. You could also try and check out some of the places down at the Block in Orange (about 10-15 minutes away). I know they have a couple of places to eat (not fastfood) inside. Also, they have a Dave & Busters. Not the worlds greatest food but a great place to play!

Shinku
10-22-2005, 09:57 PM
1. There are other options for cheap dining, depending. Are you renting a car, or would you be willing to take a taxi short distances? There is also a Denny's and an ihop within walking distance (across harbor).

2. I believe you can pick up a scary teddy plush at le bat en rouge (inside disneyland, in new orleans square). You might want to call the park to double check.

3. I've got nothing. sorry :(

mi_mous
10-22-2005, 10:03 PM
1. There are other options for cheap dining, depending. Are you renting a car, or would you be willing to take a taxi short distances? There is also a Denny's and an ihop within walking distance (across harbor).

2. I believe you can pick up a scary teddy plush at le bat en rouge (inside disneyland, in new orleans square). You might want to call the park to double check.

3. I've got nothing. sorry :(

#2 I checked that store, and they only had the beanie plush.. perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.
#1 We will have our own cars, since we are only coming from San Diego, so driving a distance isn't out of the question.. I just don't know Anaheim that well, and we (DH, DS, DD, and me) will be with my brother/sister in-law and their 2 kids. So there will be 8 of us total.. they are expecting me to know everything about anything, since they know I am a Disney/ Disneyland fan (ok... freak).
I just want to be able to show them a good time, and let them know what their options are ahead of time, instead of driving around when we are starving looking for a place to eat.

mcow1
10-22-2005, 10:07 PM
There's Marri's Pizza (used to be good but I haven't been in awhile) across Katella at, I think, West St.

MacBaby
10-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Tony Roma's (Ribs) is on Harbor, about the same distance from the Main Gate entrance as MiMi's, but the opposite direction.

Whittibo
10-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Down by Target, it's a couple miles I suppose, there is a "Mimi's type" restaurant named Coco's. It's been talked about before here, and it was VERY well worth going. It's a lot like a Denney's or Mimi's, I think for the 5 of us it was $35?

Also, at that same intersection, (there's a Walgreen's drive-through on the corner) well, across that street, there's a little Mexican restaurant I think it was La Casa Garcia. (I know the Garcia for sure).. OH MY GOSH, it was the BEST food ever! I could have eaten there every day! Again, for the 5 of us, it was only around $30.

We also eat at Red Lobster, it's further south on Harbor, but right now they have endless shrimp. And their kids meals are only like $4.99 or something.. you get more food then you can eat for the money. That's our "treat" when we go each year.

janell
10-23-2005, 07:19 AM
FOr #3, The times I have been to Club 33, a friends has left the names of everyone in our party at will call and we had reservations set up at what ever time. We went there the day that we had reservations, we went to will call first thing, they open when DL opens or maybe a half hour earlier, you can call and check. At will call they gave us all a one day park hopers pass(it will also say club 33 on tha back or at least it did last year). We then enjoyed both parks, when our reservation time rolled around, we went to club 33, rang the door bell and the hostest asnked us our name and then let us in.

We had lunch and its great, if you can ask for the first seating for lunch, you'll have a better chance at a whindo table and the food for lunch is great. I am not sure of the new dinner menu.

Anyhow, we ate lunch and then we were given our bill. I think lunch was about $50-55 a person. Not sure about children priceing.

I have been there twice and both times we payed at Club 33. You will have a great time and don't for get to pick up a shirt or something while your there. As far as I know you can buy as much as you want. :~D

Loteki
10-23-2005, 07:30 AM
1) According to how inexpensive you want to go, there is also Wetzel's Pretzel's in Downtown Disney. On the other hand, Rainforest isn't much (if any?) cheaper than some of the other fun "ambience" restaurants in Downtown: House of Blues, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, ESPN Zone, Tortilla Joe's, and so on.

2) Plushies must be either Mickey or Minnie for me to know anything about them... Good luck! :)

3) Entry to the park is included with Club 33 entry, always, as far as I know. The cost involved is the meal tab (a set price for a buffet/menu-entree lunch and a menu dinner... not cheap, prepare to pay around $100 on up to $200 for two people after gratuity). We've never had to pay for tickets to enter the park when going to Club 33... in fact, last time, we used our passports and gave the tickets away to some people standing in line at the booths.

mi_mous
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
We wanted to do Rainforest one night to get the experience, since they have never eaten there. I am just looking for some cheaper alternatives for the other times we need to eat out.
I did club 33 a while back, so I know it is expensive.. they have club 33 merchandise?? I didn't know that. What type of mechandise do they have?

adriennek
10-23-2005, 01:16 PM
1- You're not missing out at Joe's Crab Shack, IMO. Worth skipping.

3- Yes, there's Club 33 merchandise such as pens, shirts, golf balls, etc. The $50 per person is the price of lunch but you actually pay AT the Club when you dine, not when you pick-up. If you were meeting your hosts at Guest Services I could potentially see them asking you to pay ahead if they were worried that you would flake on dinner later (if you don't go to dinner, they still have to pay for your tickets and it reflects poorly on the Club member.) But you'll have to pay AT the club after your meal, as Loteki said.

Adrienne

Stupid_American
10-23-2005, 02:31 PM
There's Marri's Pizza (used to be good but I haven't been in awhile) across Katella at, I think, West St.

Just took a pizza home last week. Still a great pizza.

It's actually where Walnut runs into Katella, at the southwest corner of the Resort.

If you take I-5, a couple exits north to Euclid, then north about 3 signals, you'll find the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop.
It's not gourmet, but you can feed 4 for around $25!

If like garlic, there's Zanchou Chicken, about 3 miles west on Ball.
Great roasted chicken!

Here's my map of stuff around the area:
http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/OCmap.html

mi_mous
10-23-2005, 06:19 PM
3- Yes, there's Club 33 merchandise such as pens, shirts, golf balls, etc. The $50 per person is the price of lunch but you actually pay AT the Club when you dine, not when you pick-up. If you were meeting your hosts at Guest Services I could potentially see them asking you to pay ahead if they were worried that you would flake on dinner later (if you don't go to dinner, they still have to pay for your tickets and it reflects poorly on the Club member.) But you'll have to pay AT the club after your meal, as Loteki said.

Adrienne

That is what my mom was telling me, and that is what I thought, you pay at the club. But, I don't think I would skip out at all.. Hello, it IS Club 33, and it's not every day you get to go there, if you are just a regular person, like me. Thanks for the info on merchandise.. it will be neat to see what they have there.
I am hoping that it all works out!! I can't wait to see the look an my husbands face when I tell him where we will be going!

chinamama
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't know if a thread like this has been started, sorry if it has and I am repeating, I am kinda new to the board... (my questions are totally unrelated to each other as well... silly me!)

1. We will be at Disneyland for 4 days. I am looking for cheaper restaurant opitions, besides fast food, and there are only 2 on the reviews..

Here is what I have collected from this year and 2 years ago.... We have a rule in our house, you can't go where you can go at home! :D

================================================
For a great steak dinner at a really reasonable price I highly recommend The Steer Inn. (casual dining - sawdust on the floor sort of place - no reservations available)

Steer Inn 801 S Tustin , Orange 92866 714-639-2434

================================================== ====
Also really really good is Yen Ching in Orange. Don't even drive by if you aren't going in because they funnel the most wonderful smell onto the street as you drive by. Little more upscale then Steer Inn - real cloth tablecloths and all that.

================================================== =====

Corner Bakery and Cafe Tu Tu Tango at The Block at Orange are also very good.

Great Italian and other sandwiches, and many italian goodies at Cortina's in Anaheim - near Brookhurst and Orange. VERY well known place. Always busy but quick with your order.
================================================== =======

Chris & Pitts BBQ Restaurant - a small So-Cal chain, the atmosphere is a bit dated early "Wild West" with deep stuffed red vinyl booths and mood lighting, but you didn't come here for the atmosphere... You came for chicken, ribs, barbecue and steaks and darned good ones, and very reasonable prices considering the generous portions.

Yes, this is the same Chris & Pitts chain who licensed their name and BBQ Sauce recipes to Durkee Foods for national sales.

601 N Euclid, Anaheim, CA 92801 Phone 714-635-2601
Go north on the I-5 about two ramps from Disneyland, make a right and it's about one block east of I-5 on the left/north side of the street at Crescent. Or go look it up on Mapquest and they'll get you there from your hotel easily... Closed Mondays. Full bar, beer and wine. Visa & MC. Put your name in at the reservation desk and expect a short wait on weekend evenings.

1) Watson's Drug Store, Orange, CA

A authentic soda fountain/fully functional pharmacy in The Circle, Olde Towne Orange (although, it escapes me as to how to get there, right now...I think you exit Glassell on the 57, and head north). It has one of the greatest cheeseburgers in the county, (second only the Katella Deli, in my opinion), and a great nostalgia value. The menu harkens back to the good old days of Americana, typical soda fountain fare. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner until 9pm
Anyway, here's how you get there from Dland:
5 south
22 east
exit Grand/Glassell, turn left
You'll hit the traffic circle, which is Chapman. Turn right (which is all you can do, anyway) and turn right onto Chapman. It's on your right, should have obvious signs. For parking turn right onto side streets - there are public parking lots, as well as streets to park on.
================================================== ====

Roscoe's House of Chicken n Waffles www.roscoeshouseofchickenandwaffles.com: 1514 gower st, near corner of gower and sunset. You've probably heard of this place if you saw the movie Rush Hour (2 japanese tourists ask Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker how to get to this resturant. You may scratch your head about this last one. But the name speaks for itself. You wouldn't order seafood at a steakhouse....would you?

Anaheim White House
887 South Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, California 92805
Tel (714) 772-1381 Fax (714) 772-7062

Orange County Mining Co
10000 Crawford Canyon Rd. Orange County CA. 92705
(714) 997-7411
==============================================
La Palma Chicken Pie Shop
928 N. Euclid St., Anaheim, (714) 533-2021.
=============================================

Marri's Pizza/Bella Marri's, Anaheim
1194 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 533-1631

================================================== ===

Cafe Felix(?), Orange CA

Located in the same area as Watson's, Felix shares the same wonderful ambience of The Circle. Felix is a Cuban cafe, with all sorts of Cuban dishes, all of them very good, and reasonably priced.

================================================== ==

We LOVED Katella Deli, actualy I think we ate 2 or 3 times (DD got the flu and it was great for chicken soup for her and sandwiches and DESSERT for us.
Katella Deli - Restaurant
4470 Katella Ave , Los Alamitos 90720
562-594-8611

Loteki
10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
*Sighs* I miss Spaghetti Station and that insanely decadent kaseira cheese on my favorite dish, Sutter's Mill. What a shock when we headed to lunch a couple months back and found the entire building had poofed! :eek: :confused: :( :crying:

CrazyTrain
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to sy that I haven't seen a scary teddy plush in DL. :( LMK if you do find one, though! You might want to try ebay, if you want it that badly... I guess Toyko :confused: has TONS of NBC merch... I saw the cutest scary Teddy bag but it was too much, plus shipping.

KRA0125
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
*Sighs* I miss Spaghetti Station and that insanely decadent kaseira cheese on my favorite dish, Sutter's Mill. What a shock when we headed to lunch a couple months back and found the entire building had poofed! :eek: :confused: :( :crying:

What? Spaghetti Station closed!!!! There go my dinner plans.:crying:

KRA0125
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Down by Target, it's a couple miles I suppose, there is a "Mimi's type" restaurant named Coco's. It's been talked about before here, and it was VERY well worth going. It's a lot like a Denney's or Mimi's, I think for the 5 of us it was $35?

Also, at that same intersection, (there's a Walgreen's drive-through on the corner) well, across that street, there's a little Mexican restaurant I think it was La Casa Garcia. (I know the Garcia for sure).. OH MY GOSH, it was the BEST food ever! I could have eaten there every day! Again, for the 5 of us, it was only around $30.

We also eat at Red Lobster, it's further south on Harbor, but right now they have endless shrimp. And their kids meals are only like $4.99 or something.. you get more food then you can eat for the money. That's our "treat" when we go each year.

Whittibo - Is the Target and Walgreens on Harbor? We are staying at HoJo's and I wondered which direction we should go for the great mexican food.