PDA

View Full Version : cutie round plush at the DLR

cstephens
10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Most people are probably familiar with the cutie line of merchandise that Disney has been releasing. Back in July of this year, Disney released round plush in the cutie line. These plush are very soft and not fuzzy like normal plush. They are also much more squishy than normal plush. We had first seen them in the Emporium at Disneyland, with plush of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto. We bought a Pluto plush for someone who's a Pluto lover, and we were talking about what other characters would make good cutie round plush. I commented that I thought Chip and Dale would work really well because they could serve almost as bookends, and I casually said that if they ever made those, I'd have to get them. A couple of hours later, we were at the World of Disney, and from across the room, I saw them - Chip and Dale. They were so cute. Given what I'd said earlier, I of course had to buy them. Here's a picture of them: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roundychipndale.jpg.

When we had bought the Pluto plush, I had also gotten an espresso cup from the Main Street Bakery just because I thought it was cute, and it had the new 50th design. The Pluto plush has a nubby on top of his head, and a friend (she knows who she is) thought it would be funny to put the cup on top of his head. Here's what that looks like: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roundypluto1.jpg. We'd noticed that they were out of stock of most of the round plush for some time, with Minnie really being the only one that was available. We've noticed recently that they got another shipment in because all the characters are available again. I couldn't help but take the opportunity to include Pluto in the 50th anniversary celebration when we saw him in the Emporium again: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roundypluto2.jpg. Note the other roundy plush surrounding him. There's also a Stitch round plush, but he's more like regular plush in texture and density, except that he's round.

MissKim
10-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I want these. I just bought my girls Cutie nail polish and shimmer powder today at Target. Now they need these!

Mac_gurl
10-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Do you mind me asking how much these are?
They are SO adorable! THose would be awesome gifts!!
I have never seen those before!

pretty Omi
10-22-2005, 07:14 PM
those ones are $18... they also recently got slightly smaller ones of Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore which are also adorable and i believe are $16 or $14 since they're smaller ... i have Dale but need the rest

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Those are SO adorable. I have never seen them before, but I already know what I am bringing home! Are they squishy?
Thanks for sharing the photos.

cstephens
10-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Those are SO adorable. I have never seen them before, but I already know what I am bringing home! Are they squishy?
Thanks for sharing the photos.

EXTREMELY squishy. They're filled with little foam balls, I think, but it's not stuffed full, which is why they're more squishy. When we bought ours, we examined a few of them before picking out the exact ones we wanted - we didn't want one that had already been smushed. I did notice last week that our Chip's head seemed a little flat, so I fluffed him up. I'm thinking the cat might have gone up for a visit and climbed on his head. The first day we brought them home, our cat sniffed around them for a while. I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to scratch or attack them because unlike regular plush, these definitely wouldn't survive.

As for the smaller round plush, they're more like regular plush material (like the big Stitch roundy) rather than like the material that Chip and Dale are made of. OK, so where's the code I enter so y'all can not only see them but feel them? ;)

dws_60
10-23-2005, 04:36 AM
I want these. I just bought my girls Cutie nail polish and shimmer powder today at Target. Now they need these!
really at Target? can we see those items on the target website? my dd is a cuties fan...
thanks for the info
take care
David

MissKim
10-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Re: cutie make-up

I just saw it on an endcap in the stationary aisle. It was $2.99 per item. I couldn't find it on any websites, but it's very cute.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the description. I am definetly getting one of these, even if my kids don't want them. Did you say they have Eeyore? Can't wait to be there in a little over a week.

splashmtngurl
10-23-2005, 02:01 PM
personally i dont like the Cute Round Plushies very much, i dont think that they are that cute and they just dont seem...right to me. But i do happen to like some of the pins and shirts and other merchandise in the "cutie" line...the plushies, though, i must say are not among my favorite pieces in the line. I can tell you right nowi wont be buying one in disneyland.

bluepearl
10-23-2005, 08:00 PM
You'll start to see more Cuties stuff at Target. Hot Topic carries some Cuties stuff, especially the Eeyore product. There are a few websites that sell shirts that I've never seen in retailers such as Target or Hot Topic.

I know that some folks aren't into the Cuties stuff, but I really like it! I hope they expand the characters that are in the line-up. I've seen stuff that may never get made, but there are so many great ideas for it!

splashmtngurl
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
mickey, minnie, eyore and donald and pooh and tigger are all cute but there are some (chip n dale and pluto) that to me personally, just dont look right.

cstephens
10-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the description. I am definetly getting one of these, even if my kids don't want them. Did you say they have Eeyore? Can't wait to be there in a little over a week.

They do have Eeyore, but he's a smaller round plush, and he's made of more regular plush material rather than the really squishy kind.

cstephens
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh, and further on the Disney cuties topic, I saw these flannel sheets (http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=14535&Product_Id=189943), and I am so getting them for the guest bedroom. I was going to wait until they had some sort of sale, but it looks like they have free shipping for purchases over $50 through the end of the week, so I'll have to order them this week.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-24-2005, 01:04 PM
They do have Eeyore, but he's a smaller round plush, and he's made of more regular plush material rather than the really squishy kind.
I have Eeyore on the dash of my Suburban, and he is getting faded. I was planning on replacing him.
THANKS!

CrazyTrain
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
mickey, minnie, eyore and donald and pooh and tigger are all cute but there are some (chip n dale and pluto) that to me personally, just dont look right.

How funny! I think Chip and Dale look the best. I can't remember what I thought of Pluto but I know that Tigger looked really really odd.

cstephens
10-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Here's a picture of the Pooh round plush (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/10-30-05/10.jpg), and here's a picture of the round plush of Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/10-30-05/11.jpg).