PDA

View Full Version : Taxis for 6 at SNA?

MauiMickey
10-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if there are any taxis at SNA that will hold six people? We will be coming into John Wayne Airport for our trip, but I have not yet decided if we will take a taxi or shuttle to our hotel.

I do understand that taxis are the most economical way to go, generally, but if we need to use two taxis, this may not be the case.

We would prefer to take a taxi if it is possible, but don't really want to arrive at the airport and find that we have to pay double for two.

If you have any advice, I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks!

MauiMickey (long-time lurker and new member of MP) :)

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
10-22-2005, 10:15 AM
We had 5, a bulky side-by-side double stroller, and our other luggage. Couldn't fit into any of the taxis in the lineup, so the guys orchestrating the lineup called in a request for a taxivan. We waited less than ten minutes for it to arrive. We all fit. No problems. :)

Cost is between $32 and $35 (flat rate plus tip), IIRC.

MauiMickey
10-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Thank you for the information! We will definitely ask for a taxi van once we get to the airport.

MauiMickey :)

maryjeane
10-22-2005, 08:41 PM
For our family of 7 I got a quote of $55 for a taxi (can't remember what company I called).

So, instead we are using www.tonithelimoking.com for $60 ($10 per person - don't have to pay for the 2 year old). My girls will die since this is a surprise!!

MauiMickey
10-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks for that idea, maryjeane! Do you happen to know what happens with your limo reservation if your plane is delayed?

maryjeane
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
When I made our reservation he told me to call when we had our baggage and he'd be right there. My guess is that they are waiting in the wings, so to speak, until you call and then pull up to the curb. I gave him all our flight info, etc. so I'm not anticipating a problem if we're delayed. He was very helpful. Good luck!