PDA

View Full Version : Using Disney Vacation Planning services via e-mail

Disney Village
10-21-2005, 10:03 PM
There was an excellent post a while back giving great detail on how Disney’s Vacation Planning services worked. I tried a search, but no luck. I remember the post saying the best way to make your dining and other special request arrangements was to send them an e-mail (vacationplanning@disneyonline.com) rather then call because of how busy they are.

My family has a reservation at the DLH Dec 2-4 so I e-mailed them asking for some priority seating arrangements and to find out if there was going to be any dining packages offered for the Candlelight Processional this year.

I sent the e-mail Wednesday night and have not received a response or even acknowledgement as of yet.

Can anyone who’s used this service via e-mail tell me how long it takes to get a response? I’m sure it depends on many factors (how busy they are, how far out in advance my requests are etc), but I’m temped to resend my e-mail or give them a call by next Tuesday if they haven’t replied.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used their services in the past…thanks!

emmah
10-22-2005, 01:09 AM
hi there, i am using VP for the first time for my trip (i'll be at the DLH same time as you) and it took a while to hear back in response to my initial email (about 5 days) but once they are on the case, they are amazingly efficient, emailing me back very quickly on follow up points. so, don't panic yet, give it til early next week and then if you haven't heard anything, follow up. :) :)

ttig34
10-22-2005, 06:44 AM
I emailed them on Wednesday, too, and have yet to receive a response. So
sounds like it is not that they did not receive our emails; they are probably
just busy wading through all of them.

Hope we both hear back soon!

potterphreak
10-22-2005, 07:47 AM
I emailed them Monday, October 10th and I have still haven't heard from them. I am just going to call them again, because that's silly! I ordered 2 of the Ears To You baskets for the 2 6 year olds in our party and they asked what I would like each card to say, well I couldn't think of something right off the top of my head so I told them I would email it to them because I would like certain, specific things for each girl. Asked a few questions about our room as well, no response. I would call or fax, much faster.

kisroo
10-22-2005, 07:52 AM
I actually emailed twice before I got a response, but after that I've received follow-ups pretty quickly. I'd much rather do email than pay the long distance or use up my cell minutes being on hold.

Another question~has anyone used them to make ressies for the Fantasmic dessert buffet on the balcony? I've never had difficulties getting my own reservations by calling, but it *is* a hassle. I also wonder if they have better access to getting in on the phone first.
What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
~kisroo:)

Leash81
10-22-2005, 08:40 AM
I actually emailed twice before I got a response, but after that I've received follow-ups pretty quickly. I'd much rather do email than pay the long distance or use up my cell minutes being on hold.

Another question~has anyone used them to make ressies for the Fantasmic dessert buffet on the balcony? I've never had difficulties getting my own reservations by calling, but it *is* a hassle. I also wonder if they have better access to getting in on the phone first.
What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

I used them to get balcony seats and it was great. You call them a few days ahead of the 30 day window and give them 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices and a CC and they will make the res. and email or call with the details. Were got our first choice and based on where we were seated it looks like we were the second group to get tickets.

Aristocat
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I've been using Vacation Planning for a couple weeks now in preparation for a November trip. What I did was first call VP and the gentleman I spoke to emailed me some information. After that, I just emailed directly to him with any requests/questions. He has been absolutely wonderful and has gotten me every reservation I wanted. So, I'm a fan of the service.

kisroo
10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I used them to get balcony seats and it was great.

Very cool. One more thing I can check off my list.
Thanks!

ima_mickeyfan
10-23-2005, 02:10 PM
OK, this is the person you need to contact in vacation planning...he is so awesome and is wonderful to work with. John.L.Walsh@disney.com

kohl
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
What is the # for Vacation Planning?

Disney Village
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Well the good news is I received a reply today…it took 4 business days, which I don’t have a problem with since our travel is not until Dec 2-4…decent turnaround IMO.

The bad news was their reply was a generic, uninformative response. I had asked if there were any dinner packages offered for this year’s Candlelight Processional. I also listed the rest of our priority seating requests for the other days breakfast, lunches and dinners and also about an in room amenity as an anniversary surprise for my wife. I got the following:

-------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email. We currently do not have information on
Candlelight Dining Packages. However, you may wish to contact Disney
Dining at (714) 781-DINE. A Cast Member at this location may be able to
assist you.

We look forward to your magical time with us during our 50th Anniversary
Celebration!

Best Regards,

Your Vacation Planning Team
The Disneyland Resort
----------------------------------------------

Maybe they’re very busy right now and my other requests got overlooked…but this was not what I expected. I replied back asking if they saw my other requests and if they still make these types of arrangements…I think I will give them a call tomorrow as well.

I still want to use their services, but it’s a bit frustrating, as I probably could have made most of the arrangements myself by now. Has anyone else run into these types of issues when using Vacation Planning?

mickeynminnie
10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
If you e-mail and then call, make sure you don't change your time slots. Something bizarre happened to us on our trip for late November. We e-mailed and then didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, so I called and they said only a couple of the reservations had been made, but we quickly made the reservations along with a couple of adjustments to my original requests made via e-mail. Well today I received a confirmation e-mail that all the reservations had been made. The only problem? They were all at the times listed in my e-mail. So not only did I waste time talking to them and adjusting the times, but I have to call back and change them back! ARGH!:(