PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/Fireworks Strategy Help

pokeyman
10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
We only have one day (Friday 10/28) to see Fantasmic and Dreams fireworks. I have read several tips on MP, but not this:

Is it possible to watch the fireworks at the Main Street station and then take the train to NO Square in time to get a good spot for the 10:30 PM Fantasmic performance?

Or should we just do the hub and fight the crowds back to RoA?

Any input appreciated.

Great forum and website!

DangerMouse
10-21-2005, 06:36 PM
I have heard of people doing this both ways you mentioned. We personally did the Fireworks in the hub close to Carnation Plaza and then immediately after (I mean the second the finale was done), we took the short cut thru Rancho de Z to Frontierland. There was a bit of a bottleneck but we were able to walk right to our sweet spot for F! and wait for about 25 minutes till the show started. There were a lot of people doing this, but persistence through the herd paid off. It can be done!

Good luck!

Niwel
10-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I would do what dangermouse suggested. Now that the paths around the hub are wider it is much easier to get around. The train could work if you time it right, but the timing is so tight, you might be better off walking. Remmeber Frontierland is a one-way in and Adventureland is a one way out.

HydroGuy
10-22-2005, 07:31 AM
I have heard of people doing this both ways you mentioned. We personally did the Fireworks in the hub close to Carnation Plaza and then immediately after (I mean the second the finale was done), we took the short cut thru Rancho de Z to Frontierland. There was a bit of a bottleneck but we were able to walk right to our sweet spot for F! and wait for about 25 minutes till the show started. There were a lot of people doing this, but persistence through the herd paid off. It can be done!We did the exact same thing in August and we got to the 10:30 Fantasmic show at about 9:55. We got excellent seats for Fantasmic down in front. We saw the fireworks the same place as DangerMouse. If the castle is at 12:00 on the hub, we were at 8:00. We left thru the FrontierLand entrance.

Colin
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
I did it a number of times the way you suggested, Watch Remember... from the Station, and jump on the first train that comes by. At the other end, walk off and grab a seat around the lakes, every time I got a great view by the river for fantasmic! whilst others are still battling to get into NOS area....

C°o°lin