PDA

View Full Version : Rides during parades and fireworks

Amybirds
10-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey folks,

I'm making final plans for my 30th Birthday Trip on Nov 17 & 18th with just hubby & myself. I'm using Ridemax to get the most out of our two days but I'm wondering if we're going to have any problems getting to our rides in time during parades and fireworks and fantasmic. (ie: do the crowd prevent travel, thus causing us to be "late" to a ride?).Also, if we are in line or on Storybook Canal Boats during the fireworks, will we be able to see them a bit?

FYI, neither hubby nor I are interested in seeing the parades, so we're happy to be walking or on rides during those times, but we also don't want to get stuck in the crowds and not be able to get where we're going and then miss out on rides that are important to us. It's our first trip in over five years so we have a lot to cram into our two days!

Help??...

neffyh
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Try taking shortcuts instead of going too the hub during the fireworks. Use the Train.

Micki0624
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey folks,

Also, if we are in line or on Storybook Canal Boats during the fireworks, will we be able to see them a bit?

They close Fantasyland a little before the fireworks and re-open after the show is over. I would recommend watching the fireworks. It has been my favorite show ever. And if you are only doing DL and not DCA then you won't need to strictly follow RIDEMAX. The best times to get on everything is early when the park opens and right before it closes.

HydroGuy
10-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Hey folks,

I'm making final plans for my 30th Birthday Trip on Nov 17 & 18th with just hubby & myself. I'm using Ridemax to get the most out of our two days but I'm wondering if we're going to have any problems getting to our rides in time during parades and fireworks and fantasmic. (ie: do the crowd prevent travel, thus causing us to be "late" to a ride?).Also, if we are in line or on Storybook Canal Boats during the fireworks, will we be able to see them a bit?

FYI, neither hubby nor I are interested in seeing the parades, so we're happy to be walking or on rides during those times, but we also don't want to get stuck in the crowds and not be able to get where we're going and then miss out on rides that are important to us. It's our first trip in over five years so we have a lot to cram into our two days!

Help??...If you want to get back and forth from TomorrowLand to FrontierLand, use the walkway out of FantasyLand behind Big Thunder Mtn RR. We went thru the hub one night in August and it was a madhouse.