PDA

View Full Version : Planning help please - Early December

coggly
10-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi everybody,

Love reading through this forum, now I need your help. We are planning a trip for either Dec. 4-7 or 11-14, we have to decide which. I know the Candlelight Proccessional is on the 3rd and 4th, so the 4th will be packed. Do you think that will bleed over into the 5th and 6th? Would we be better off going the next Sunday through Wed.? Or will that week being closer to Chistmas be more crowded. Our biggest concern is avoiding crowds, I know that will be tough this year. Thank you very much for your help!!

JookyG
10-21-2005, 09:59 AM
The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded the park gets, especially with schools starting to let out for winter break. I think primary schools will still be in session when you're planning to go, but some of the college-level schools end their semester earlier.

I went the 1st week in December several years ago, and it was GREAT! No crowds at all except on Sat/Sun. It was the first time I've ever been able to practically walk on (less than 10 min wait) some of the e-ticket rides. Can't say how the Candlelight Proc. will affect the following weekdays, though. I don't remember that affecting my visit at all, so maybe it was a different weekend.

Donald Duck Fan68
10-21-2005, 10:07 AM
This "offseason" is unlike any typical offseason traffic, since the 50th anniversary seems to be drawing people in even during the "low crowd" periods. So, this earlyDecember will probably be more crowded than last year's or before. My guess is that if you go the 4th - 7th, you may experience a larger crowd on the 4th than you would on the 11th, but it's unlikely to spill over to the rest of the week. Since the 11th - 14th is a little closer to Christmas, it's likely going to be a little more crowded overall than the 4th - 7th.

I'd go the 4th - 7th.

Darkbeer
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Remember that Disneyland closes at 6 PM on both the 5th and 6th for CM holiday parties.

Donald Duck Fan68
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Ohhh, closing at 6pm, I forgot about that detail. I'd go the 11th - 14th then.

coggly
10-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I was hoping it would be empty enough that the shorter hours wouldn't be a big deal, but not sure that will be the case. All I know is that is has been over a year since I have been to my happy place and want to make the best of it.

DangerMouse
10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Ohhh, closing at 6pm, I forgot about that detail. I'd go the 11th - 14th then.

No no no, I keep saying it's going to be INSANELY crowded from the 11-14th and those dates must be avoided at all costs! :~D

of course, that's not keeping me away during those dates. :p

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
10-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I Second That!! Very Crowded Dec. 11-14th.;)

coggly
10-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I'll let you guys keep your 11th-14th :D, I think I will keep my original plan and go 4th-7th and expect the worst and hope for the best. It looks like there is a high school basketball tournament at the convention center during the week of the 10th-18th, might make things interesting. Have a great time!

coggly
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
By the way, thank you for all your input, you are a good bunch of people!!