PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Single Rider [question]

garrett240
10-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Real quick question. I see that Spash Mt has the Single Rider line. When you ride single rider, does that mean you will have somebody you don't know sitting on the same bench as you, or that you get a bench to yourself in a log and the other half of the log is filled with strangers?

Thanks

Whittibo
10-21-2005, 08:08 AM
You don't share (side by side) benches. You'll be put on with a group of less then 5 I would assume. Probably with a group of 3 or 4. There are 6 seats on the logs now.

jrsharp21
10-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Often you get put into the back seat where you have room for two. So you aren't cramped as much.

Alice Fan
10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
The last two times we rode Splash in June our family of four was joined by a single rider who rode in the very back on their own seat/bench. Kind of stinks to have a stranger in our pic, though!

Whittibo
10-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Kind of stinks to have a stranger in our pic, though!

Precisely why I requested my family rides alone until we got a good family shot and then I didn't care, but I don't think they would have put anyone with a family of 5 anyway?? But there was this one guy right behind us, and I told the CM that we wanted to buy the picture and no offense to the gentleman behind us, but if we could ride alone it would be great. They never had a problem with it.

Alice Fan
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks, Whittibo! Never even dawned on me to request that...duh! Last November we got a good shot of just the 4 of us, but they were way less crowded then, and so we didn't get any "extra riders" on that trip!

geoffa
10-21-2005, 09:52 AM
The last two times we rode Splash in June our family of four was joined by a single rider who rode in the very back on their own seat/bench. Kind of stinks to have a stranger in our pic, though!

1. Scan picture into your PC.
2. Use the "stranger obliteration tool" in Photoshop
3. Voila! Family - no stranger!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

itig
10-21-2005, 03:25 PM

When I ride single rider, I always duck way down for the picture...because it kind of stinks to be a stranger in someone else's pic as well. :p

Whittibo
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
When I ride single rider, I always duck way down for the picture...because it kind of stinks to be a stranger in someone else's pic as well. :p

Gosh, I never thought of that.

What if you wanted YOUR picture taken as a single rider. Could you request your own log? :confused:

HorizonsA
10-22-2005, 07:19 AM

I'm sorry, but I frequently go to Disneyland alone because I only live ten minutes away and seeing all these anti-single rider posts is almost uncomfortable as that stranger you're talking about could very possibly be me. When I go on Splash Mountain, I go on it for the ride itself and for the big thrill. I never think to myself, "Gee, I wonder if the people in front of me don't like me for being in the same log as them." But now, after reading these posts, I almost have to think about that. ^Why should I duck down for them? And who says it's their picture? I'm riding the attraction for my own pleasure just like everyone else and I don't think I should have to sacrifice myself to please the people in front of me. I may never buy the photos, but I still enjoy looking at them.

geoffa
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry, but I frequently go to Disneyland alone because I only live ten minutes away and seeing all these anti-single rider posts is almost uncomfortable as that stranger you're talking about could very possibly be me. When I go on Splash Mountain, I go on it for the ride itself and for the big thrill. I never think to myself, "Gee, I wonder if the people in front of me don't like me for being in the same log as them." But now, after reading these posts, I almost have to think about that. ^Why should I duck down for them? And who says it's their picture? I'm riding the attraction for my own pleasure just like everyone else and I don't think I should have to sacrifice myself to please the people in front of me. I may never buy the photos, but I still enjoy looking at them.

Even though I made the joke about removing a single rider using PC techniques it's never bothered us (myself and my partner) when we've taken (or bought park edition) photos if someone else was in the frame. I've also been a single rider (particularly when we tried for ages to get on Test Track at EPCOT). If there was someone in the back of our log we'd have probably said "Hi!" and asked where the person was from. When looking at the shot later with friends and family we'd probably say .....and that guy was "Name" from "City". So please - continue as a single rider - and you never know, one day we may meet up in a log! :)

Whittibo
10-22-2005, 07:34 AM

I personally don't care if someone is on the ride with us, except in the ride we want to purchase the photo that I collect annually as a reminder of our trip.

When we first started going to DL, my youngest daughter was too little for Splash, so it was only my 2 older girls and either myself or husband with them. We always had extra riders with us, but never bought the pictures because it wasn't our "whole family". The 1st year that our youngest could ride Splash, we bought the very first picture to commemorate our first ride as a family. Now we do that on all the rides, like last year we went on ToT (obviously there were MANY other riders with us) and then this year we did Space Mt. (which again, there were other riders in the picture with us) but on Splash, if we have an option to get a family only picture, we do. After that, we don't care.

There are still times that some of us ride without others, and we don't mind having others on the ride with us. So please don't feel put out by these posts, it's not "every ride" it's just one ride so we can purchase family photos. I am sorry you're offended, and can honestly see your point, which I hadn't even thought about before. But since you pointed out your side, I just think you should see this from "our side" that sometimes it's important for us to document our family trip. No offense to other single riders, just an annual thing we do.

Whittibo
10-22-2005, 07:38 AM
oh, sorry.. I wanted to add that nobody should duck down.. period. If people like me want family only photos, then we let the CM know before we get on. I think others will do that as well, and the CM's honor that (they want to sell pictures ya know!) so for those single riders out there, just enjoy your ride! :)

Funny thing is, there aren't many rides in the park that this is even an issue. As I am thinking about this, I can't think of any other (except the dark rides) that a single rider would be put in this situation. (but my memory is very bad). But all the favorites have many people together.

CrazyTrain
10-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Well, I duck down... but only because the last drop scares me ;)

Noah
10-22-2005, 10:31 AM
The "logs" are not your own for personal family portraits, they are shared with other guests. If you are two riders you will share an additional 3-4 seats with other guests. If everyone's personal groups asked for a private log we would see the 75 minute wait times balloon to beyond 100 minutes because capacity would be seriously reduced. I think it is unfair to make such a request just as it would be unfair for someone riding Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, or California Screaming to request a private train to allow the on ride picture to be of only them. We cannot allow people to start thinking of using Splash Mountain as a Sears family portrait center, othewise were in for even longer waits. (Of course if the park was not busy at all and the wait time was less than 20 minutes with tons of logs and not many people this would not be a big issue)

geoffa
10-22-2005, 11:24 AM
The "logs" are not your own for personal family portraits, they are shared with other guests. If you are two riders you will share an additional 3-4 seats with other guests. If everyone's personal groups asked for a private log we would see the 75 minute wait times balloon to beyond 100 minutes because capacity would be seriously reduced. I think it is unfair to make such a request just as it would be unfair for someone riding Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, or California Screaming to request a private train to allow the on ride picture to be of only them. We cannot allow people to start thinking of using Splash Mountain as a Sears family portrait center, othewise were in for even longer waits. (Of course if the park was not busy at all and the wait time was less than 20 minutes with tons of logs and not many people this would not be a big issue)

Have to agree with ya on this one. After all when I take video I don't expect 10,000 people not to appear in shot.:fez: