PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here's a tough one for ya. Help, gurus! [Early Entry]

hippiemama
10-21-2005, 07:21 AM
So..
I bought my package from Get away and it includes two adult 2day hopper passes and an early entry for those two adults.
I bought another adult 2day hopper and a kids hopper thru a friend at motorola cuz they get a $7 discount.
but those two passes don't include an early entry obviously.

So - is there any way to get those 2 in early? I called getaway and they told me since I didn't buy the tix with them i'm sol.

does dh just go with my little girl and the rest of us meet them later? since only two can get in early? or is there anyway at all to upgrade the other 2 tix? motorola i'm sure does NOT offer anything like that

what do i do now?

stan4d_steph
10-21-2005, 07:52 AM
How can your husband and daughter do early entry if you only have EE on the adult passes?

When will you be going to DL? If you will be there on a weekday that is also a non-EE day, just get there before opening and you shouldn't have a problem getting rides on the things that you would have done on EE day.

Whittibo
10-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Sounds like it would have been better to spend the $14. I hate things like that as I am a very thrifty person and always save the money, only to find out later I short changed myself.

Is EE only 1 hour? I guess if nothing else, send your husband and daughter (assuming they both use adult passes). I think it would be a great "father/daughter" time anyway, and you and the other child could do something special for that hour??

Rteneyck
10-21-2005, 08:24 AM
are you staying at any of the Disney Hotels? I know they were allowing early entry for anyone staying at one of their properties regardless of which ticket they have. We were able to do early entry on both Monday and Tuesday.

hippiemama
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
no we're not at the disney hotels - we're across the street at the castle.
EE is only an hour - and yes i was assuming they'd both use the adult passes to get in early that day. Friday is the non EE day so i guess we could jsut go early. But i thought saturday i'd have dh and dd go in and have some alone time and we'd join them an hour later.

guess thats what we'll do then

hlbtimes2
10-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Be careful having your dd use an adult ticket to get into the park. Why? Because, it will show the ticket as used for that day, and they will expect the two adults in your party to have hand stamps. You might be able to pass it off as "they accidently used your ticket" that morning, but it might cause you to need a new ticket. Would hate to see that happen over an extra hour in the park!

In all honesty, I'm not sure how closely they check, but just something to consider.

SarahShep
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Be careful having your dd use an adult ticket to get into the park. Why? Because, it will show the ticket as used for that day, and they will expect the two adults in your party to have hand stamps. You might be able to pass it off as "they accidently used your ticket" that morning, but it might cause you to need a new ticket. Would hate to see that happen over an extra hour in the park!

In all honesty, I'm not sure how closely they check, but just something to consider.

Oooh...good one.

Just to clairify what hlbtimes2 said (because I understood, but I had to think about it for a minute)...

I'm sure DL will have little/no problem with a child using an adult ticket to enter (as it costs more)...however, I'm quite positive they would not let an adult enter with a child's ticket (as it costs less and heaven forbid they lose out on any money). Besides that fact, wouldn't everyone buy a child's ticket if they could get in using it?

So here's the problem. Your DD may be able to get in just fine with your DH, BUT how are you and the other adult you are with going to get in with only the one remaining adult pass and a child's pass? Those two morning tickets will show as used, and without a handstamp, you're not going to get back in.

You could try to pass it off as a mistake (like hlbtimes2 said, accidental use of the wrong ticket), but with only two tickets having EE and the other two clearly not, I don't see how anyone would fall for it. The end result will most likely be the need for the purchase of a one day ticket.

Why chance it? Skip EE...it's only one hour, and having done it, not that big of a deal. Better to just get early to the gate and get in quickly and go about enjoying your day than have to think about how you're going to try to cheat the system. Too much stress for a vacation, IMHO.

Whittibo
10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Hippiemama has 3 adult and 1 child tickets in all. I am pretty sure her daughter is an "adult" that's why she would use the 2nd adult EE ticket. That's how I understand it?? I could be wrong too?!

SarahShep
10-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Hippiemama has 3 adult and 1 child tickets in all. I am pretty sure her daughter is an "adult" that's why she would use the 2nd adult EE ticket. That's how I understand it?? I could be wrong too?!

Whittibo...respectfully,

does dh just go with my little girl

:)

hlbtimes2
10-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Sarah- thank you for clearing up what I was trying to say! I've had way to much cold medicine this week.

disneyhound
10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Sarah- thank you for clearing up what I was trying to say! I've had way to much cold medicine this week.I don't know, does your daughter ever stop being your little girl... Or does Disney have it right, that at age 9, your daughter is a child, but at age 10, she is an adult?

SarahShep
10-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Linda-

No prob! I understood what you were getting at, and thought it was the perfect point. :) So I figured I'd help ya out a bit. We all have those days, ya know? :)

hippiemama
10-22-2005, 08:43 PM
lol - i did mean the 5yo . I do have two little girls, one turns 16 tomorrow tho. I had wanted dh to take the little one into toon town early and then the 16yo would use the kids ticket, but I guess thats really only good til they're 10 and then they're adults.

so i'm thinking we just won't do the early entry thing at all...

6ofus
10-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Also, typically TT isn't open during EE... It actually opens later than DL (1 hr.)
HTH!

hippiemama
10-25-2005, 08:32 AM
hrm. odd
cuz i was told our EE was FOR toontown
???

DangerMouse
10-25-2005, 08:36 AM
hrm. odd
cuz i was told our EE was FOR toontown
???

No, Mickey's Morning Madness happens in Toontown, and that is a totally separate event that is only for people who book their packages through the Disney travel company (the name of it completely escapes me at the moment).

EE is currently only for Fantasyland, Matterhorn, Buzz and Space Mtn.

HTH.

hlbtimes2
10-25-2005, 09:03 AM
If you have Toon Town madness you'll have tickets in your package that are a reddish/ burgandy color and about 3" X 5" in size (going by memory).

It is held on the same days as EE, but not at the same time. EE is one hour before the park opens, Toon town madness is at park opening in toon town (it normally opens one hour after the park). Its a great time to catch the few rides in that area, and an EXCELENT photo op time! We saw Mickey, Minnie, Max, Goofy and Pluto with no wait time. Every person in your party needs a ticket. Worth going if you have tickets for it!