PDA

View Full Version : Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. had a major fire this morning

Darkbeer
10-21-2005, 06:33 AM
The following news link has many photos of the event

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5143161/detail.html

An Anaheim motel near Disneyland caught fire early Friday, prompting the evacuation of about 100 guests and leaving two firefighters slightly injured, authorities said.

The fire at a Super 8 motel in the 900 block of North Disneyland Drive broke out at about 1:50 a.m., an Anaheim fire dispatcher said.

The blaze began on the roof of the motel, then spread to the third floor. The fire is blamed on a short circuit in the neon lighting that spanned the roof of the motel, according to NBC4.

Whittibo
10-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Now that isn't good on so many levels. I hope the fire fighters that were injured will be OK.

What a way to ruin your vacation fast. :(

msgmg68
10-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Wow! I hope that everyone is OK.

TDBearGrrl
10-21-2005, 08:14 AM
WOW! Until yesterday afternoon I was going to be staying at that hotel this weekend! We got a great rate at the Radisson Maingate so I cancelled that reservation! Creepy!

Darkbeer
10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Stopped by the hotel this evening and took a few pictures.

The majority of rooms are still available and open. A small wing, including the lobby and breakfast area was the most affected. The fire pretty much stayed to the roof of this wing, though water damage has closed all the rooms in that wing (less than 20).

I would call to verify, but it looks like they are ready to take care of you, and there isn't that much mess!:fez: