PDA

View Full Version : Discover the Magic Tour

cpeak
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been on the Discover the Magic Tour. I was able to make reservations for my trip next month and just wanted to know what to expect. I will be taking my 5 year old and 3 year old daughters, and my husband too!

10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Have you read Lisa Perkis' MousePlanet article on it (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm040610lp.htm)?

kohl
10-20-2005, 06:31 PM
We took our kids ages 6 and 8 and they loved it. My husband and I also enjoyed it. My kids told my mom that they wanted to go agin with her next time. Your kids will really enojoy it.

Mark Goldhaber
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
We did it in August. Those "musical instruments" from Lisa's article are now kazoos. We saw Goofy and Pluto (before we left Tour Guide Gardens), Princess Aurora, Mary Poppins and Bert (rode the carousel with them), Woody and Jessie, and Mickey. In addition to the carousel ride, we invaded and commandeered a raft to Tom Sawyer Island (wearing pirate garb) and rode the DLRR from NOS to Toontown Station. Lunch was at Rancho del Zocalo (limited choices). Takeaways were a bandanna used on the tour both around the neck cowboy-style (in Frontierland) and atop the head pirate-style (while comandeering the raft), aforementioned kazoo, a small amount of pirate booty and a cloisonne pin.

That's a rough summation. I don't want to give away the whole tour, though part of the finale is in my current avatar. Mickey's outfit depends on which movies he's "filming" at his movie barn that day. You do get some real quality time with him, though.

cpeak
10-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Thank you all for the great information. I am looking forward to it even more now. I know they will love feeling so special.