PDA

View Full Version : Can You Get A Discount On A Concierge Room?

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I Was Wondering If You Can Get An Ap Discount Or Maybe A Aaa Discount. Thanks For Any Info Relating.:)

Leash81
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I Was Wondering If You Can Get An Ap Discount Or Maybe A Aaa Discount. Thanks For Any Info Relating.:)

Yes you can! When I went in July I got a concierge room for 5 nights at the AP rate at the Grand Californian. I believe that you have to do it as room only but if you have an AP you wouldn't need tickets anyway so no problem.

DangerMouse
10-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Yes you can! When I went in July I got a concierge room for 5 nights at the AP rate at the Grand Californian. I believe that you have to do it as room only but if you have an AP you wouldn't need tickets anyway so no problem.

Hi Leash. Would you mind telling us how much the AP rate is for concierge at the GCH?

Thanks!

Leash81
10-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi Leash. Would you mind telling us how much the AP rate is for concierge at the GCH?

Thanks!

Off the top of my head though I think it was just 10% off the rack rate so that would have been like $515 a night. Keep in mind though this was in the middle of July this year so it was probably higher than normal. I will look when I get home and see if I can find the reservation info to get the actual price. I know it was a lot of money but it was soooo worth it.

Wendi
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
The concierge fee is a flat rate on top of whatever room rate you are paying. $100/night at PP, $125/night at DLH, and $150/night at GCH.

HTH!

Opus1guy
10-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Probably not quite what you're looking for, but sometimes you can book a cheaper (or even cheapest) room and then inquire at check-in if they are offering a Concierge Lounge surcharge at that time. It's not a room on the Concierge Level, but you do get Lounge privileges.

It's a crapshoot as to if they will offer it (just depends on how their Concierge Level rooms are booked up), but I've paid around (if I recall) $85 for Concierge Lounge privileges attached to my normal room, which was a ton of money less that a Concierge Level room.

The concierge fee is a flat rate on top of whatever room rate you are paying. $100/night at PP, $125/night at DLH, and $150/night at GCH.

Whoa...looks like Wendi and I were writing at the same time. That's a big increase over what I paid a few years ago. Does that fee you are quoting get you a Concierge Level room...or just the Lounge?

Wendi
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
That's just the rate quoted on my hotel reservation confirmation letter. It just states:
If concierge services have been added to your reservation, an additional per night fee will be added to your account daily as set forth below. Oh, in addition to the prices I posted above, it says "plus 15% bed tax".

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Interesting. I Called To Inquire About Paying A Fee For The Lounge Services( Adding It On To My Already Booked Standard Room) And The Cm Told Me That I Had To Be Staying On The Sixth Floor In Order To Get Concierge Services.

Also If We Get One Concierge Room, And One Standard Room, Can My Entire Party Partake In The Concierge Lounge? Greedy I Know Just Curious How They Verify Concierge Guests And Non. Thanks Again For Any Input.

Minnie66
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Interesting. I Called To Inquire About Paying A Fee For The Lounge Services( Adding It On To My Already Booked Standard Room) And The Cm Told Me That I Had To Be Staying On The Sixth Floor In Order To Get Concierge Services.

Also If We Get One Concierge Room, And One Standard Room, Can My Entire Party Partake In The Concierge Lounge? Greedy I Know Just Curious How They Verify Concierge Guests And Non. Thanks Again For Any Input.

I'm sure if they were aware you were doing that it would be considered illegal:( . A more honest way of taking care of everyones needs might be to book a suite that sleeps the number in your party, that way you only pay the concierge price per room. When we went ilast time we did just that, and the price was actually a little less for the suite than for paying for two rooms plus concierge, of course that was paying the fee for both rooms.

Leash81
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to check back. I can't seem to find any of my paperwork from our trip. I know that I just got the "standard" AP discount which I think was 10%. I know the total was around $3000 for 5 nights so whatever the math is on that but that also included tax. The best thing to do is just call and ask what the price is for you dates. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(