PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions about annual passports

sami869
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
My boyfriend and I have only had premium passports in the past but I gave up my higher paying job for a more enjoyable one. So we haven't had passports for almost a year now. Well, now my boyfriend can get them discounted through his work (Premium: $296 and Deluxe: $188) so we were thinking about taking advantage of that. The block out dates won't be a problem so I'm really pushing for us to just get the deluxe.

What I wanted to know was if premium passholders get a better discount on the hotel rates than deluxe passholders and if so about how much if the difference. Also, if one of us were to get a parking pass would it still only cost $49 or would it be more because our passports are discounted? Oh, and if my boyfriend got the parking pass would I be able to use it if he wasn't there?

THpoohbear
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
My boyfriend and I have only had premium passports in the past but I gave up my higher paying job for a more enjoyable one. So we haven't had passports for almost a year now. Well, now my boyfriend can get them discounted through his work (Premium: $296 and Deluxe: $188) so we were thinking about taking advantage of that. The block out dates won't be a problem so I'm really pushing for us to just get the deluxe.

What I wanted to know was if premium passholders get a better discount on the hotel rates than deluxe passholders and if so about how much if the difference. Also, if one of us were to get a parking pass would it still only cost $49 or would it be more because our passports are discounted? Oh, and if my boyfriend got the parking pass would I be able to use it if he wasn't there?

Hopefully someone will double check my answers here.

1) Premium APer's don't get better discounts on hotels, but they do get better discounts at some restaurants and other food places.

2) I think the parking pass would cost $49 regardless of you buying a discounted pass.

3) Whoever has parking on their pass must be in the car they are getting parking for. In other words, you can't take his pass and get free parking for your car if he's not in the car also.

Hope that helps! :)

mckygirl99
10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Whoever has parking on their pass must be in the car they are getting parking for. In other words, you can't take his pass and get free parking for your car if he's not in the car also.

Maybe my husband got lucky then. He went and showed them my card (premium) and his (deluxe-no parking) and they didn't charge him even though I was not physically there. I thought maybe they changed this policy but I guess not.

snoopyfan
10-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Well, my friend and I found out last week that as far as the parking pass goes, it all depends on who you get. My friend's husband has the parking on his AP and he wasn't with us. The first 2 days they let us park. The last day the CM told us he had to be in the car and she charged us. You can always try.