PDA

View Full Version : First week in January

davies901
10-20-2005, 11:34 AM
We are trying to choose when to go to Disneyland and I feel like I am getting so much conflicting info. Some sites say first two weeks in December are the best, others say not really. Some say November, Disneyland told me January. b/c my husband is in med school we only have certain weeks we can go...which one is the least crowded (my kiddos hate lines).

1. January (4-6)
2. December (1-2)
3. November (anytime in the first 3 weeks)

or should we just wait until the 50 year celebration is over and go the first week of January next year?

leotatoombs
10-20-2005, 11:45 AM
We are trying to choose when to go to Disneyland and I feel like I am getting so much conflicting info. Some sites say first two weeks in December are the best, others say not really. Some say November, Disneyland told me January. b/c my husband is in med school we only have certain weeks we can go...which one is the least crowded (my kiddos hate lines).

1. January (4-6)
2. December (1-2)
3. November (anytime in the first 3 weeks)

or should we just wait until the 50 year celebration is over and go the first week of January next year?I think the 50th celebration goes for 18 months & started in may it sound like it will end when the 35th starts at WDW!
Personally I think The crowds aren't bad after the 26 of dec. I usually go btween then & the 6th of january (the twelth day of shristmas!)
:D

DangerMouse
10-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I think the 50th celebration goes for 18 months & started in may it sound like it will end when the 35th starts at WDW!
Personally I think The crowds aren't bad after the 26 of dec. I usually go btween then & the 6th of january (the twelth day of shristmas!)
:D

From everything I have read/heard, I would lean towards either the November dates or Dec 1 & 2. The dates in January will be a time when schools are still out and the parks will definitely be busy. Good luck deciding, I'm having the same struggles myself!

adriennek
10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
or should we just wait until the 50 year celebration is over and go the first week of January next year?

If he's first year of med school that might work. If he's doing rotations yet or will be on residency next year, that might be hard to predict.

Of all the dates on your list the only dates I wouldn't choose are Jan 4-6, actually. Many schools have winter break through that week this year. I think the November and December dates sound good.

The dates I'd avoid are the 11th of November (Veteran's Day weekend) and in December the Candlelight weekend will be packed. That's going to be the first weekend in December... I think? (like how I pay attention to this stuff?)

Adrienne

Darkbeer
10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Many school will have the entire first week of January off, including LA Unified and Anaheim, plus there are rumors of a new SoCal discount starting that week (maybe the return of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" to help drive some attendance to the second park). That would be my last choice.

The week before Thanksgiving should be slower than most (Starting the 14th).

The 1st and 2nd of December are another good choice, the 2nd being a Friday will be crowded, but not until the evening.

Darkbeer
10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
The Candlelight Processional will be December 3rd and 4th this year....

pisces
10-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if, Mon Jan. 2 is a legal holiday.

Nobody seems to have gotten that far yet. Disneyland's hours for that day are sort of extended, but not quite all the way.

The last time New Years fell on a Sunday was at the turn of the Millenium, and I can't remember if that next Monday, was considered a holiday or not.

Darkbeer
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Monday, January 2nd is a Federal Holiday, and most folks will not work, and mail will not be delivered....

http://www.opm.gov/fedhol/2006.asp

mkcbunny
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I would definitely choose the December dates. Right after Thankssgiving, but before Christmas. I second all of the above comments about January and schools. We've gone the week after the kids go back, which is nice but you miss the holiday decorations if you go too late. Any other year, you'd also find some rides closed for refurb. There are some slated for early 2006, but fewer than usual, from what I've experienced.

I recommend against Nov. We were idiots who forgot about Veteran's Day and will be going that weekend. Now we have the "Xmas season begins" rush, the cheerleaders in town, and a three-day weekend to deal with. But we'll survive. Out problem was that we only wanted to see HM w/ NBC, and we didn't track when the Xmas schedule would start. We were trying to go after halloween and before T-Day. Didn't think Xmas going to be up that early...

If we could reschedule now, I would go the first week in December.