PDA

View Full Version : How about a "Soap" attraction at DCA?

coronamouseman
03-09-2002, 08:43 AM
OK - so what kind of attraction might bring 'em in at DCA?

How about filming one of ABC's Soap Operas on site at DCA and allowing 5-10 DCA visitors each day to particpate and be seen on TV the next day?

Disney already has the experience as they have a talk show studio in the ESPN Zone - it wouldn't be hard to schlep the necessary equipment down the I5 from Burbank or wherever they tape the soaps ...........

Don't you think scores of paying customers would line up for the chance to be on national TV? They line up for hours at Nick Studios in Orlando to get on the shows there ............

No problem with soap stars - they could trade their Beverly Hills mansions for Newport Beach or Balboa Island waterfront or oceanfront estates .........

Nigel2
03-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Well if the unions allow it, but honestly would you really want to see some random tourists (or locals) that probably have no experieince trying to do a soap opera?:D

cstephens
03-10-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
OK - so what kind of attraction might bring 'em in at DCA?

How about filming one of ABC's Soap Operas on site at DCA and allowing 5-10 DCA visitors each day to particpate and be seen on TV the next day?

I can't see any of the soaps allowing something like that. It would be very disruptive to their schedules. Also, I believe the only ABC soaps that film out in Southern California are "General Hospital" and "Port Charles".

/cs

Uncle Dick
03-11-2002, 01:07 AM
The SAG wouldn't hear of it. I also seriously doubt the popularity of soaps among the average theme park visitor (although I'm sure many of you excited about the Super Soap Weekends will dispute this ;)). A smaller stage show soap with audience participation (ala Superstar Television) would be very interesting....

Nigel2
03-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that they would get in hot water with SAG. Plus they would have to hire a ton people for all the jobs involved in television production.:)