PDA

View Full Version : Help pick our dates please

DangerMouse
10-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Our APs expire the end of April 2006. We are going in December, but I want to plan one more trip in 2006. We homeschool, so we can go just about any time. When will be the least crowded time between Feb-Apr? I'm not concerned about ride closures, bad weather or short park hours. I just want the place to be as empty as possible. We already know that we will go mid-week to avoid weekend crowds.

I'm aware a lot of you hate this question and guessing crowds is difficult. But I figure perhaps someone goes at a special time each year realizing it's a slow time at the park. Anyone willing to help me with suggested dates?

Thanks so much for all your wisdom, you guys are awesome! :D

hlbtimes2
10-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Out of the 3 months listed, Feb will be the quietest. Aim for a day away from Pres. weekend, and Valentines day- and you should be ok.

But, its just such a guess! Oct. has always been a nice quiet time, and this past week was far from the quiet time we expected to find!

nvmom
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Well, we've only been to DLR once so far, but it was last March. We went mid-March, before most Spring Breaks started. Since, we've talked to alot of people and of course read all sorts of good info here and it seemed like a good time. Went Thurs-Sun... so we did catch the Elec Parade and F! which was great. We never dealt w/any really horrible lines and the busiest day, Sat, we to DCA. We also got some great flight and hotel rates. As much as I'd like to be there when everything is up and running, and I'm not sure we're really peek season kind of people, and I we're looking at mid-Mar again this year.

nvmom

Susan L
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I also say Feb. Its always been a good time for us to go. Avoid Pres weekend as the above poster said.

pisces
10-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Can you look online at the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, and see some sort of Calendar showing when the largest conventions are occurring?

Conventions are troublesome, because thousands of conventioneers are dumped onto the resort......and their children. The convention-goers let the Park do the babysitting, while they attend to their seminars.

Anaheim is now one of the biggest convention destinations in the country.

I don't know if there's a calendar showing the largest conventions and when.

But, I'd be much more bothered by those, than just kids out from school.

DangerMouse
10-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advice so far! I've been looking a lot at February, and did check the convention calendar. There are three different cheerleader conventions in Feb, so I guess I just need to plan around those. I know AZ starts their Spring break around March 11. Now if I can just get an AP rate at the DL Hotel, everything will be perfect!

mi_mous
10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I have heard that Super Bowl Sunday is pretty empty. But, this could be a rumor, and don't know if you would want to miss that?? Wasn't it in February last year?? Just thought I would put that in, although I have not been on a Super Bowl Sunday yet.