PDA

View Full Version : Signing your Disneyland Tickets...

NoAngelx
10-20-2005, 07:02 AM
I have some 5 day hopper passes But we will only be going for 3 days, I listed the remaining days on Ebay.

I have had at least 5 people email me to ask me if I have or will be signing the tickets.

Is there any reason/benefit why I should sign them?
Is there a reason I might HAVE to somehow?

Thx!

ima_mickeyfan
10-20-2005, 07:22 AM
I never sign my tickets and have never been asked to ....

stan4d_steph
10-20-2005, 07:24 AM
The benefit of signing your tickets is if you lose them and they are turned in to lost and found, you can reclaim them.

msgmg68
10-20-2005, 07:52 AM
I saw your auctions on ebay! How funny to run into you here!

I had a friend who bought some hoppers like you are selling on ebay and I asked her the same question. She said that if you don't sign them and the price is stamped on the back, you can use them to upgrade to an annual pass. A lot of people, I guess, want to buy them like this and upgrade.

She did also say that it is better for them to not be signed just in case a CM wants to check signatures. I didn't even know they did that.

Anyway, that's all I know!!!

Good luck with your auctions. :)

adriennek
10-20-2005, 08:33 AM

Because the tickets are non-transferrable and sometimes CMs at the gate have asked people to sign their tickets to make sure that they're not illegally transferred like being sold via e-bay or shared among different people. ;)

Adrienne

NoAngelx
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Because the tickets are non-transferrable and sometimes CMs at the gate have asked people to sign their tickets to make sure that they're not illegally transferred like being sold via e-bay or shared among different people. ;)

Adrienne

Ohhhh lol oops! I was planning on going for 5 days when I bought them, But then I changed my itinerary and had 2 wasted days...I figured I could sell them off to recoup some of the $$$....My bad lol

NoAngelx
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
I saw your auctions on ebay! How funny to run into you here!

I had a friend who bought some hoppers like you are selling on ebay and I asked her the same question. She said that if you don't sign them and the price is stamped on the back, you can use them to upgrade to an annual pass. A lot of people, I guess, want to buy them like this and upgrade.

She did also say that it is better for them to not be signed just in case a CM wants to check signatures. I didn't even know they did that.

Anyway, that's all I know!!!

Good luck with your auctions. :)

LOL yeah I'm easy to find...I use the same ID everywhere I go lol

Thanks!

anniedg
10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Thank goodness we signed our 5 day hoppers on our last trip.
First thing, first day we dashed over to Splash for fastpasses and lo and behold we only had 2 of our tickets. YIKES! We retraced our steps ... checked the lockers, no luck ... checked City Hall, no luck. They said to check at the front gate, but that it'd be too soon for them to show up at lost and found. At the front gate the head CM asked for our names, smiled and sent us to the small office at the end of the gates to get our tickets. Some kids on a high school trip had found them on the ground and turned them in. Because we'd signed them they knew they were ours. I wished I'd been able to thank the high schoolers! (I still can't believe I dropped FOUR tickets on the ground and didn't notice.)
Sometimes it pays off to play by the rules.

TahoeBob
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I have some 5 day hopper passes But we will only be going for 3 days, I listed the remaining days on Ebay.

I have had at least 5 people email me to ask me if I have or will be signing the tickets.

Is there any reason/benefit why I should sign them?

Thx!

A friend of mine has bought 5 day hopper passes 3 times now the last time walking through the gate he was told you should sign the tickets, he said ok i will and kept walking and never did sign. on all three times he has only gone to DL 2 days and sold the last three days on ebay. he says it is a really good way to get into DL at a very good price.

On the other hand If the pass says it is not transferable I would never break anyones rules. ;)

Minnie66
10-20-2005, 08:47 PM
We have been asked to sign before, and did right in front of the CM which did bother me at all. Somehow it just seems wrong to sell them since it very plainly states they are non-transferrable.

SeansMom
10-20-2005, 09:01 PM
We've never signed our tickets BUT I do photocopy front and back and keep the photocopy in the hotel room in case they are lost or stolen. Okay, just a slight derail 'cause I thought this thread would be about lost/stolen tickets, not e-bay ethics :).

mkcbunny
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Don't the ParkHoppers expire 14 days after first use? Meaning that if you were intending to sell of unused days, you'd have to go to the park, return, sell your ticket, mail it to the buyer, and the buyer get to DLR -- all within two weeks. Unless you pre-sell the extra days and then send the ticket asap after returning home. Or maybe the expiration policy is different now?

stan4d_steph
10-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Don't the ParkHoppers expire 14 days after first use? Meaning that if you were intending to sell of unused days, you'd have to go to the park, return, sell your ticket, mail it to the buyer, and the buyer get to DLR -- all within two weeks. Unless you pre-sell the extra days and then send the ticket asap after returning home. Or maybe the expiration policy is different now?No, that's still true. Yet another reason to not buy unused days on eBay. Too much room for getting ripped off.

NoAngelx
10-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Don't the ParkHoppers expire 14 days after first use? Meaning that if you were intending to sell of unused days, you'd have to go to the park, return, sell your ticket, mail it to the buyer, and the buyer get to DLR -- all within two weeks. Unless you pre-sell the extra days and then send the ticket asap after returning home. Or maybe the expiration policy is different now?
I tried to offer the unused days to friends/family but nobody could use them within the 13 days, so if they sell on ebay I'll just leave them in an envelope at the hotel the incoming guests are checked into for their arrival.

mkcbunny
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
I tried to offer the unused days to friends/family but nobody could use them within the 13 days, so if they sell on ebay I'll just leave them in an envelope at the hotel the incoming guests are checked into for their arrival.
That's about the only way it seems possible.