PDA

View Full Version : GetAwayToday

Pages : [1] 2 3

neffyh
10-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Is this a good site for planning a vacation. I checked it out and for example when you order a 4 days stay at DL, they only give you 3 day hoppers, is there anyway you can change this? Tell me about your experience with them.

minniemom
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
We always book with them. They are very flexible in changing the free passes. You can either change them to different tickets, or they will even give you a credit if you don't want the free tickets. If you have questions, call them!!!

10-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Lots of threads mentioning getawaytoday.com (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php?searchid=237981)

potcfan
10-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Yes, you can add or delete any ticket that Getaway has available to your package. Choose a hotel and click on "book it", after you have entered your name on the next page you will be taken to a list of tickets and prices. I do this a lot to price various hotel packages.

Wendi
10-20-2005, 08:25 AM
They are awesome! I've used them many, many times in the past. You can change your tickets to whatever you need, or delete them if you don't want them at all.

Whittibo
10-20-2005, 08:31 AM
GREAT COMPANY. I used them every year except this year as they couldn't match the price of the hotel I wanted to stay at. You won't be disappointed!

NorCalDisney
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
I should have booked my 4 night Thanksgiving stay at the Hilton through them instead of AAA. AAA cost me 732.00 for two people, 3 day PH tickets. Getawaytoday.com's cost is 614.00 for the same package (without some of the Disney stuff like the lanyard and coupon book).

neffyh
10-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Is there anyway u can request a theme park view room.

sierranevada
10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Is there anyway u can request a theme park view room.

Yes - if you book it online, just call then afterwards to upgrade. Or you can call them from the start.

neffyh
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Can u ask for it when u book it online. There is a little box on the bottom that u can write requests? O, and can u request a balcony room.

sierranevada
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Can u ask for it when u book it online. There is a little box on the bottom that u can write requests?

Yes but I would still follow up with a phone call to see what the price difference would be because I don't believe that will show up in the total online.

Whittibo
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
I should have booked my 4 night Thanksgiving stay at the Hilton through them instead of AAA. AAA cost me 732.00 for two people, 3 day PH tickets. Getawaytoday.com's cost is 614.00 for the same package (without some of the Disney stuff like the lanyard and coupon book).

If I remember correctly, with AAA you get EE every day? So that's a plus for you. But is it worth $118? If it were me, I would look into canceling it. See if you CAN cancel it, but before you do, book with GetAwayToday, THEN cancel your AAA reservations. Money is money! And $118 is a lot of churros. :D

NorCalDisney
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
^^^
I've already paid my deposit and didn't get the "cancellation insurance," so I think I'm locked in.

I only get EE one day BTW. And no "super fast passes" as I'm not on site. Next time I book GetAwayToday (OK, this is feeling a little too much like a commercial!). :)

Minnie66
10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes but I would still follow up with a phone call to see what the price difference would be because I don't believe that will show up in the total online.
That's nice that they have changed that, that was the one thing I didn't like about them when we used them was because we couldn't request a room type, they just offered standard. Great to know for the future.

Whittibo
10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
^^^
I've already paid my deposit and didn't get the "cancellation insurance," so I think I'm locked in.

I only get EE one day BTW. And no "super fast passes" as I'm not on site. Next time I book GetAwayToday (OK, this is feeling a little too much like a commercial!). :)

Call and ask, don't assume anything. You still have more then a month before you leave, you might be able to cancel it. When I took a cruise last year, we could cancel up till the 30 day mark without ANY penalty. It's worth asking!! Remember, that's $118.. it's not $5 and especially since you don't get any perks for that. I would also tell AAA that you found a cheaper rate and THAT'S why you want to cancel. But again, be sure GetAway has what you want before you cancel AAA. Just call AAA first and see if you have the option or not.

neffyh
01-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Iam going too use this instead of the long name. Has anyone booked trought them? Iam pretty sure I have asked about GAT this before but I dont remeber. There are really great prices for a 3 days stay at the GCH. Its a standard room and will probably be a city view. I think that if you request a theme park view that they might try too accomplish that. Well anyways, Do they also give u those like lanyards and pins like the WDTC does?

stan4d_steph
01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Iam pretty sure I have asked about GAT this before but I dont remeber.Use the search feature, or look under your own name and View threads created by this user.

Threads merged.

neffyh
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Ive tried using the search feature but it only has 2 pages and sometimes it wont search the whole word i put in, for ex. I put in Get away today and it only searched today.

my2lalas
01-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I used Get Away Today for a family vacation October 05. We stayed at Paradise Pier for 4 nights (3rd night free program) with 4 day hopper passes. They had the best deal, about $60 cheaper then AAA. They gave each family one lanyard and a Chip & Dale 50th anniversary pin. There was also a coupon book, some for disney resturaunts and 10% off a World of Disney purchase. We had no problems. Good luck!

neffyh
01-27-2006, 06:29 PM
iam starting too thinks that we should us to book our first stay at a disney resort. I mean you do get mostly everything that you usually get from the WDTC. It only 4 more buck too book through them. We can live with a standard view. By the way, what is a standard view like?

MsYumiBr
01-27-2006, 07:00 PM
EE every day is not attached to AAA. It is with the resort hotel stay currently. This could change. It is a thing the hotels (DLH, GCH and PP) are doing because of the popularity of the 50th.

OldDisneyFan
01-27-2006, 09:54 PM
We used GetAwayToday.com for our reservations last October. (By the way, it is one word, might help to type that way for a search). Anyhow, we booked DLH, very smooth transaction. They would not upgrade online, but you can ask when you check in. Standard view, in our case, was of the Neverland pool - pretty nice. They also included the lanyard and a 50th pin and a coupon book. You can change reservations easily. Any questions you might have, just call the 800 number. Highly recommended!

neffyh
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
We used GetAwayToday.com for our reservations last October. (By the way, it is one word, might help to type that way for a search). Anyhow, we booked DLH, very smooth transaction. They would not upgrade online, but you can ask when you check in. Standard view, in our case, was of the Neverland pool - pretty nice. They also included the lanyard and a 50th pin and a coupon book. You can change reservations easily. Any questions you might have, just call the 800 number. Highly recommended!
When you ask for an upgrade, It will cost you extra right? I heard some people get an upgrade for free. Thats pretty rare, I bet.

momuvseven
01-28-2006, 07:42 AM
We generally find the best deals with GAT. The girls are very nice on the phone and I usually like to talk with them rather than do it online. I look online first or at the same time to get an idea of what is available.
They do have a cancellation policy with a $50 penalty. They also take a $150 deposit to hold your vacation and then you have until I think thrity days in advance to pay the rest. Everywhere else I have ever checked they want full payment up front.
They have been great about making changes for me later on but do charge $15 every time you make a change to your package.

momuvseven

neffyh
01-28-2006, 09:11 AM
What are vouchers? Are they like tickets. Also is there a seperate ticket for Early Entry or is it on the ticket.