PDA

View Full Version : New! DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update for the week of 10/17!

DaddyB
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I guess calling it "for the week of" in the title gets me out of admitting that this update is terribly late. Thanks everyone for being so patient! I wish I could guarantee that it won't happen again, but when you make an update where almost HALF of the photos are high quality enough to make available as downloads, it's kinda' hard to make previously set deadlines. The "Halloween treat" nights are coming up, and I'll have photos of that to add to my usual weekly update next Monday!

Speaking of "Dead", don't forget to check out the bottom of the update for a whole section of downloadable wallpapers from the Indiana Jones ride... just don't look directly into the eyes of Mara!

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2005_10_17_Update/3.jpg

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2005_10_17_Update/10_17_Update.htm

Let me know which ones you liked enough to use as your desktop wallpaper!

qwiksliver1022
10-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Wow! Great pictures! I wouldn't have dared to try flash photography on Indiana Jones. :eek:

TDBearGrrl
10-19-2005, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the great pictures Daddy!

we will try not to whine as much next time

Maybe

msgmg68
10-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Thank you so much for all the work you do to get these pictures weekly! They keep me happy!!! :)

KRA0125
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
I am pretty new here to the boards but I love your pictures DaddyB! I can sit at work and daydream all day. Oops! Did I say all day? I meant for a few minutes, a quick break from work. ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, super job! Thanks for all of your hard work.

bassett1976
10-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks DaddyB for the weekly pictures. I appreciate your eye for taking pictures and I'm always looking at what new pictures I can take at the park. Some day I hope to be a good photographer like you!

ozbeauticn
10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
I chose the orangey TOT picture for my background this week. My boyfriend and I will be at MHT the same night as you, so if you see a 20something Tinkerbell and Peter Pan feel free to take as many pictures as you want! It seems that you can make anything at the parks look good! :)

DaddyB
10-19-2005, 01:58 PM
If you see a chunky, goateed, forty-something guy in a polo shirt & khakis, carrying around a large camera & lens mounted on a tripod, be sure to come up and say hi... at least yell "Hey, DaddyB!" as you walk by.

If you come up and want a picture of yourselves, I'll be happy to take one and email it to you later, or post it in my update with your permission.

erica84
10-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Is anyone else having trouble bringing up the page after clicking on the link? I don't know if my computer is too slow or if there are just too many other people trying to bring up the page! I'll keep trying, though. :)

DaddyB
10-19-2005, 02:56 PM
sigh.

Server "issues"

we've been having sporadic problems with our host since last week.

keep trying.

ima_mickeyfan
10-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I have been waiting so long for this to happen!!! and now I can't get the page to load!!!:(

Disney Vault
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Amazign pictures again. I have been looking at all of your updates.

DangerMouse
10-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Thank you Daddy B! You're my hero! :D

TowerofTerror
10-19-2005, 09:48 PM
thanks what great photos you took again.

Chris Lang
10-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for your patience. Our host now believes it may actually be some kind of DOS (Denial of Service) attack on our server and they are looking into it.

erica84
10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Another set of great photos...definitely worth the wait. Thanks again for your hardwork!! I wish I could go to Disneyland every week...:)

DaddyB
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
The photo update kinda' started out as an email to my friends and family to say "Hey, I took these pictures, I thought they were pretty good, what do you think?"

Then I started sharing them one at a time over on VF.com and occasionally here as desktops.

As the hype for the 50th grew, I started doing a weekly update. I didn't know what I was in for time-wise, but I really seriously mean it when I say that the postive feedback and encouraging words from folks makes it feel even more worthwhile.

DaddyB