PDA

View Full Version : DTD Trip Report Oct 18

garrett240
10-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok, We (me, wife, daughter 8, sons 5 & 4) are still in the middle of our trip, so here is 1st day report. More will follow...

Left Salt Lake City, Ut at 11:00 am to drive to California to stay with my parents who live about 20 minutes north of DL. Make the drive between 10 and 11 hours.

Today, Tuesday, we went to DTD for 3 hours. We would have stayed longer, but only have 3 hours of free parking.

We hit the Lego Store. My kids loved it. The kids really enjoyed the large lego statues. They had life-sized Darth Vader made out of legos. My 5yr old loved the Lego knights. He bought a mask, shield and sword. We also bought some lego bases so that the kids can build their lego buildings on the base. You can pick and choose certain parts to fill a bin. We didn't do this but might have if my kids built legos more.

Then off to Build-a-Bear. All of my kids have Bears from Utah BaB's. It's the same selection of clothes and what not as they carry in Utah. I was hoping that they would have more Disney stuff. They had some Disney clothes for the Bears but Utah stores have same stuff. My 4 yr old bought a Spiderman outfit for his bear. It's prertty cool.

Then off to the World of Disney. This is the Disney store to beat all Disney stores. We bought the kids autograph books and postcards here. My 4 yr had "birthday money" left from Grandma, so he also bought some Mickey Ears. They don't write the name on the hat, but said we can have it done in the Park for free with our receipt.

My kids wanted to ride "just one ride" today. So...we rode the Parking Tram. hehehe. We got on the tram where they drop people off at the DL/DCA gates then rode to the Micky & Friends parking garage and then rode back. My kids had fun. I was cold. It was dark and cloudly while at DTD.

As we were leaving, I wanted to buy our tickets at the Monorail ticket booth. It was gone. They made that ticket booth into a pin store. So... Wife and kids went over to look in the Rain Forest Cafe as I hiked back to the DL front gates to buy the Hopper passes.

We left DTD about 3 hours after we got there. If we had more time, I would have liked to see the hotel lobbies. *shrug* Another time.

Now, we have tickets and autograph books ready to go. Tomorrow morning, we hit DL for real. More tomorrow..or if I'm too tired, I'll report later.

Signed
Garrett, Salt Lake City

If you didn't like this report, I'm Bob from Canada:fez:

rentayenta
10-18-2005, 07:28 PM
My kids wanted to ride "just one ride" today. So...we rode the Parking Tram. hehehe. We got on the tram where they drop people off at the DL/DCA gates then rode to the Micky & Friends parking garage and then rode back. My kids had fun. I was cold. It was dark and cloudly while at DTD.

LOL- riding the tram- LOVE it. Have a magical time. :)

nvmom
10-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Can't wait to hear more! Have a great time... my kids loved the tram too!

nvmom

Crazy4DL
10-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Dear Bob, . . . . . . J/K :p

Oh! you are going to have a wonderful time I am sure. Anyone who can come up with the tram as the one ride of the day and keep their kids happy should have no problem having the bestest time in DL. :D ;)

Looking forward to hearing more. Thanks.

RStar
10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey, I'm Bob!:eek:

But I'm not from Canada!;)

I think they should sell tickets at that new pin store as well! There will be so many people looking to buy them there now that they have changed it!

Have a great rest of your trip!

~Bob

raych30
10-18-2005, 10:11 PM
My two kids absolutely love the tram! My 9 year old often jokes it's his favorite ride. :D

MLM62486
10-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Hey, I'm Bob!:eek:

But I'm not from Canada!;)

I think they should sell tickets at that new pin store as well! There will be so many people looking to buy them there now that they have changed it!

Have a great rest of your trip!

~Bob

It's called Pin Traders. I've never had one person ask if we sell the tickets there. Selling tickets might actually do better there. We stopped selling them at World of Disney (we still sell AP's) I guess we didn't sell enough or something. Both times I worked at Pin Traders we hardly had anyone in line so that might boost traffic, but then they would have to train ALL of us that work WOD, Marceline's and Pin Traders (We circulate CM's) and it might not be worth it to them. There's a good 100-150 of us CM's roughly.

Disnerd
10-23-2005, 07:13 PM
I remember when we first opened. We had over 300 CMs for the WOD complex. Now we are so short staffed that our ability to serve our guest is really strained. Almost all new hires are going to foods. So the next time you are in a huge line please go easy on us. It seems like we lose CM's faster than we get them. We are losing our GM to GAP outlet stores. I guess he misses Cynthia. Anyone want a job? I'd be glad to send you a referal card.