PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Oct 13-17

hlbtimes2
10-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Our flight from Seattle got in to Orange county a little after noon on Thursday. Our plan was to check in to the hotel, Paradise Pier, then go to the park. My MIL and FIL were supposed to be in about 3 hours after us. The plan was for them to call us and we would meet up with them. I was antsy to get in to the park. They ended up getting bumped from United to Alaska air, and got in early. We waited for them to get to the hotel, and for our room to be ready. We got to the front gate around 3:30. The park was crowded and it was hot! I dont really remember what we did. I know we went on a few rides, but cant really recall what. We were in line for the Jungle cruise, when my 3 year old had to use the bathroom. The rest of the group was already on the ride when we returned. We had dinner at French Market. The line was so long, it took us about 40 minutes just to get through. At some point we went on Pirates. The park was supposed to close at 8, but they extended it to 9. We went back to the hotel for a quick swim before bed.

Friday we go to the park a little after opening. We tried to use ridemax, but after a couple of hours had to throw it out the window. The plan is great and works, but it was hard for us to keep on schedule. With a 3 and 7 year old and a 74 and 77 year olds it seemed like some one was always needing a potty break or time to sit down. I think if it had been just my husband and I we would have cruised right through. We had lunch at Pizza Port, its my husbands favorite place in the park to eat. We took a break mid day and went back to the hotel for naps and a quick swim. We had a little snack / dinner in the concierge lounge at the hotel. When we got back we went on a couple rides, then found a spot for the fireworks. We were between the castle and the partners statue. The area really fills up early. By 7 it was hard to find space for 6 of us. But, our spot was perfect, and the fireworks were worth the wait. While my MIL and I waited, my husband and FIL took the kids on some rides in fantasyland. About 8 they came back and dh and went to look for a snack to have during the show. The popcorn lines were long, so we got some pretzels. After the fireworks we went on the splash, tea cups, Dumbo, Alice, and the matterhorn before going back to the hotel.

Saturday morning we were going to do EE, then head to DCA. We quickly decided to just stay in bed, and hit DCA when it opened. It was a late night the night before. We managed to do most of DCA on Saturday. We did leave for brunch at Goofys in the afternoon. We were disappointed in our meal there. The only characters we saw were Goofy, Aladin, Snow White and Donald. Max was there, but never made it to our area. I dont know if it was the time of day or what, but the characters all seemed a bit tired. The selections for adults were also lacking. After brunch we went back to DCA, for Aladin, and more rides. About 8 we hit storytellers for dinner. Service was slow, but the food was good. The kids were both wore out and fell asleep at the table with out eating. It was a long walk back to PP with to sleeping kids to carry!

Sunday we went back to DL. We watched the rededication then had breakfast at Carnation. The days all blur together but I think we rode HMH while my husband took our son on the canoes, rode Pooh twice, hit Tom's island, rode jungle cruise again, used fast pass for space, rode Buzz a couple times. Around 6 we went to find a parade spot, and waited in the rain hoping it wouldnt be canceled. After the parade we rode Indy then headed over to find a spot for F!. While we waited my husband took our 7 year old for a ride on space. While they were gone, F! got canceled for the weather. At that point we were all tired and cold. We hit build a bear on the way back to the hotel.

Monday morning we were tired, but since it was our last day we had to use EE and hit toon town madness. I set the alarm for 6, and was so tired when it went off. It was hard to drag out of bed. AFter my husband and I were showered and ready we figured out why we were so tired- our alarm was off by an hour- it was 6 when we got up, it was only 5! We layed back down for a while, then tried to get the kids up. They were really hard to get moving, as was FIL. We finally made it to the park around 8:30. We rode Peter Pan then hit toon town. Toon Town madness is really the way to do that area. We were in and out in no time. Loved being able to walk on the rides, and meet the characters. Then we went back to FL for Mr Toad and the carousel while went to get space fast passes. DH and MIL went to see the
50th show, while I took the kids on a couple of rides. Then, sadly, it was time for one last ride on space before we had to head home. We left the park around 12:45 and rode the monorail back to our hotel to catch the shuttle.

The trip had its ups and downs, but over all it was great!

rentayenta
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Linda, thanks for the report. How was the PPH?

I Heart Disneyland!
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Our flight from Seattle got in to Orange county a little after noon on Thursday.

The trip had its ups and downs, but over all it was great!

I didn't know you were in Seattle too! We were at DL that same day (13th) until about 4 pm and flew back to Seattle that night and you are right...it was darn HOT that day! Phew!

Thanks for the report!!! It's fun to read these trip reports!

Lekta
10-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Great trip report, thank you for sharing!!!

ghoofie
10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
>>
Monday morning we were tired, but since it was our last day we had to use EE and hit toon town madness. I set the alarm for 6, and was so tired when it went off. It was hard to drag out of bed. AFter my husband and I were showered and ready we figured out why we were so tired- our alarm was off by an hour- it was 6 when we got up, it was only 5!
>>

Ah the old "the alarm clock in the room is wrong". I always check the time in hotels as soon as I check in because I have found them with the wrong time.
My bro-in-law and family had an alarm in the room go off at 2:00 am..didn't realize it was set and figured the previous guest left a little suprise as a prank. So I check the alarm too .

hlbtimes2
10-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Linda, thanks for the report. How was the PPH?

We really liked it. The room was big, and the staff was great. We were on the 14th floor with concierge service. We used the lounge every morning for breakfast, and took drinks to our room with us. We didnt make it back mid day every day like we had planned, so we missed out on the evening snacks and afternoon treats. The concierge, Brianna, was so wonderful. She picked up on what characters my kids liked and got us autographed pictures, and had a whole story to tell the kids about the characters coming to see them but they were gone to the park. It was really sweet. Then one morning she overheard my FIL talk about needing a health food store, and with out us saying a word she looked up an address for him.

Our only complaints would be the number of electrical outlets that didnt seem to work, and the walking distance to the park. Its really not as close as they would lead you to believe. But, really not that bad if you took the monorail, maybe 10 minutes with little kids and elderly people.

Crazy4DL
10-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the trip report Linda.

We have done DL with a big age range too and it does make it a bit hard at times but the memories the kids will have will be priceless.

Welcome home to WA. ;)