PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mountain

Pages : [1] 2

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-16-2001, 04:51 AM
Which do you like better, Thunder, Splash, Space, or Matterhorn?

:D :cool: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :( :p

AK Wolf
05-16-2001, 05:43 AM
Whoo-hoo! Space Mountain!

Rick
05-16-2001, 05:46 AM

Chronically420
05-16-2001, 07:26 AM
For looks, I love the Matterhorn. It's unique, as we know, to Disneyland and has always been ultra cool..

For ride-sake, it's Space Mountain (WITH MUSIC..When it doesn't have music, I'd rather ride Splash!)

Tink
05-16-2001, 08:31 AM
I dearly love all the mountains but my favorite has to be Space mountain! I love the thrill of not knowing which direction you will turn next and even though I must have ridden it hundreds of times, I still haven't memorized most of it. Oooh and those seemingly low hanging rails - watch out! My daughter loves both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain as a tie. My least favorite mountain would have to be Splash Mtn. because I hate to get wet on rides, (it get my wings wet and I can't fly again until they are dry) - but I still love it, just not as much as the others.

Napsto
05-16-2001, 09:25 AM
I like Splash!!! but matterhorn is awesome tooooo!!!!!!!!! i always wanna ride these rides but i could live without riding space mountain.

SpaceMTJunkie
05-16-2001, 03:45 PM
Ummmm, do you really need to ask? :p

Durliin
05-16-2001, 04:55 PM
Mine would have to be good old Big Thnder Mountain.... and no its not becasue I work there :)

Gregmh48
05-16-2001, 05:03 PM
Splash Mountain closely followed by Space Mountain.

ODV CM
05-16-2001, 06:03 PM
space, then splash, then thunder, then the matterhorn

Largent81
05-16-2001, 09:38 PM
Either Space or Splash, depends on the mood. I used to love Matterhorn but something about it gives me the creeps now more than ever. My friend used to be a CM and told me way too many stories. I still love thunder though! You have to love all the animatronic animals. Especially the goat.

Haldwitten
05-16-2001, 09:46 PM
Matterhorn... creeps... CM Stories... Oh, you're just baiting us now. Tell Tell Tell Tell Tell.

What is it haunted? Does the Snowman come to life one day of the year and demand blood? Have bobsleds emerged from tunnels into different decades? Is the water replaced with hydrochloric acid just to "spice things up?" Tell Tell Tell Tell Tell.

H

Largent81
05-16-2001, 10:22 PM
LOL..

No! She just told me how a lady died on it. She was supposedly a special-ed teacher and took the kids to DL. When one of the kids stood up on the ride, she stood up to sit him down. She was flung forward onto the track and ran over by the bobsled. I don't know if all this is true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. By the way, this was supposed to be on the old Matterhorn.:eek:

Matterhorn Fan
05-17-2001, 11:31 AM
Even though more than one person has died on the Matterhorn, and even though it's a bumpy ride, I still love it. It's the mountain you can see best, plus there's those spooky Yeti noises coming from it (and no, I don't mean the "remain seated please" announcement)!

P.S. Anyone who has No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom CD--go listen to the first few seconds of the last track. Those are Matterhorn sounds. :eek:

Disney Fan Matt
05-17-2001, 08:55 PM
I am surprised not many people have said this, but Big Thunder Mountain. The theming is great, and it is just a fun coaster. I love the big thrills of Magic Mountain and Knotts, but I have a big place in my heart for Big Thunder. I also love splash mountain. The final drop is great! But what makes the ride so much fun is the characters and the music. I love splash mountain as well.
And if the music is on, Space Mountain is great!!

Gauchograd99
05-18-2001, 12:41 AM
1. Matterhorn (2 rides for the price of one!)
2. Thunder Mountain (classic and look for GOAT WITH DYNAMITE!!)
3. Splash Mtn (that final drop always puts me in my happy place... LOVE flume drops!).
4. Space Mtn. (for being just about the slowest of these, it sure gives me a headache and sore neck! What gives?)

Uncle Dick
02-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Matterhorn Mountain!!

blusilva
02-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Space!

MonorailMan
02-09-2002, 04:27 PM
I love BTM, with hands up the whole way!

Morrigoon
02-09-2002, 04:40 PM
On the ride alone, Space, but best overall mtn has got to be:

MATTERHORN MOUNTAIN!!!

It's the original Disney mountain, the original Disney roller coaster, the pioneer of steel tube track, and it's the mountain NO OTHER DISNEY PARK HAS!!!

SimpTwister
02-09-2002, 04:56 PM
It's BIG THUNDER for SimpTwister!!!

MammaSilva
02-09-2002, 06:34 PM
we LOVE doing the Moutain range every time we are there... starts off with the Classic Matterhorn, Left side first then right side, then stroll by the lagoon on our way to Space.....then thru to BTR with a side trip to Indy (ok it's NOT a mountain offically but we decided the drop at the boulder was close enough LOL) then off to Splash as the last stop, then hop the train at NoS to get off at TL to start the circuit over again...we usually pick one day that we designate "range run" day....but if I have to pick ONE fave it will have to be the Matterhorn... the original ......(left side :) )

pboeoahr
02-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Big Thunder. Can't beat it at night, although Matterhorn is close.

Techie7
02-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Space
(Only at night when it is dark its the most magical. I watch for the "goat" constalation then wait for "splashdown")

Ace
02-09-2002, 07:59 PM
splash mountain.... where else can you find singing animals and hare-raising thrills in the same place? NOWHERE. Next would have to be Matterhorn.... I just wish they could make the tracks seem less....tracky. It doesn't bother me on BTM since it is a train... and Space is dark... could they at least take out those freaking tires that stick up to push the cars along???